My Wife Is in My Happy Place!

So, these forums have always been my place to help plan our cruises and I’ve always enjoyed having the outlet here to talk with other like minded cruisers!  I have always been the one to take what I learn here and share the knowledge with my wife to enhance our cruising experience.

So, you all will understand my shock when today my wife starts spitting knowledge at me which was clearly learned from these forums!! Like REALLY!? At least she admitted to it when I confronted her with these indiscretions.  But she’s gonna come up in my happy place!! The audacity!! Ugh!

• Haha 8

In all the years that the Internet has existed my wife has never posted on a message board.

I began posting on a message board in 1999.It May have been the first or among the first boards.I still post on that board.

In the latter part of 1999 a NYC magazine interviewed me for a story about the message board .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In all the years that the Internet has existed my wife has never posted on a message board.

I began posting on a message board in 1999.It May have been the first or among the first boards.I still post on that board.

In the latter part of 1999 a NYC magazine interviewed me for a story about the message board .

Glad to have the backing and support of the OG of forums on this one!

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nice. My wife & I joke about how we met “online” way before online dating was a thing.

We actually had a mutual friend but we first talked in an AOL chat room while in college in the late 90s.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, vision14k said:

So, these forums have always been my place to help plan our cruises and I’ve always enjoyed having the outlet here to talk with other like minded cruisers!  I have always been the one to take what I learn here and share the knowledge with my wife to enhance our cruising experience.

So, you all will understand my shock when today my wife starts spitting knowledge at me which was clearly learned from these forums!! Like REALLY!? At least she admitted to it when I confronted her with these indiscretions.  But she’s gonna come up in my happy place!! The audacity!! Ugh!

What the heck are you talking about? Doesn't make sense. She doesn't go on here but spits knowledge to you? Why? How? Indiscretions? Too weird... sorry.

8 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

What the heck are you talking about? Doesn't make sense. She doesn't go on here but spits knowledge to you? Why? How? Indiscretions? Too weird... sorry.

Exactly! So weird of her! Thank you for your support as well! This is my happy place, not hers!

Wow, next she’ll want to come on the cruises, too.🤣🤣🤣

All kidding aside, my husband has never ventured onto message boards.  It would seem strange if he did.  It is even surprising when he reads cruise news online first.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Wow, next she’ll want to come on the cruises, too.🤣🤣🤣

All kidding aside, my husband has never ventured onto message boards.  It would seem strange if he did.  It is even surprising when he reads cruise news online first.

Let’s not be silly, I invite her on all the cruises.  I’m not some kind of animal.  All I ask is that she gets her own message board with her own friends to talk about cruising with.

• Haha 3

My first message/forum/blog  (I'll make it simple and call them all "Forums") was back in the late 1990s, via AOL (my brother-in-law still uses @aol.com email), it was a Honda Goldwing Motorcycle board, spent lots of great years in there.  Since then, I'm probably in several forums, this being just one of them.  I will admit I do spend most of my "forum" time here.  

My wife spends A LOT of time on her computer (laptop) on Facebook, playing "Candy Crush" or other such games, and here on Cruise Critic <rarely.  She rarely posts though, she just likes to read current events with family and friends.  She also searches for sales.  Also, her email program is full of sale notifications from almost every known retail business in N. America and beyond.  

I'm a very busy person, usually.  I think there are a few folks in here that think I spend a lot of time here.  But, I don't sit around doing nothing in between projects, shopping trips, medical appointments, and on and on.  When I sit down in between things, I grab a cup of coffee, coke, or water, and the laptop and check what's new here and in other places, like I'm doing now.  In a minute or two or longer, I'll get busy for an hour or two to pack/box things up as our home is for sale and we are moving to Gulfport, MS, soon.  Then during a break, I'll be back here and elsewhere.  So, I am addicted to social media, I guess.  But, it doesn't rule my life.  

So, @vision14k, I don't have your issue, my wife stays in her own little world on her computer, and I stay in mine, in between we rarely meet.  I do my social media, she does hers.  I'm a happy camper.  One funny thing though, we sit about 5 feet apart in the living room, and at times, we will text each other.  Usually to harass each other.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I don't have your issue, my wife stays in her own little world on her computer, and I stay in mine, in between we rarely meet.

Yeah, that's pretty similar to us... except for our Amazon account, of course. 🙈

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, that's pretty similar to us... except for our Amazon account, of course. 🙈

LOL, yep!  We, especially me, are addicted to Amazon Prime.  Hardly a day goes by that we (me, her, or both of us) don't buy something.  It's crazy.  We are taking a break though, we have two things (a four-drawer filing cabinet and space makers for hanging clothes) coming tomorrow and that's it.  Don't want items being delivered when we might not even be living here anymore.  We'll get into it again after the move, I'm sure.  LOL

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nice. My wife & I joke about how we met “online” way before online dating was a thing.

We actually had a mutual friend but we first talked in an AOL chat room while in college in the late 90s.

My wife and I met at a college function way before the 90’s.

11 minutes ago, vision14k said:

And yet, she’s not here, invading our space in the forums! Interesting! 

Nope,she has no interest in message boards and not much interest in the computer in general.When she worked she was an RN and her fingers never touched a computer.

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Been on Cruise Critic(aol) joining first in 1997 myself. When CC listed the Member Numbers in order even on here I was #308

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nope,she has no interest in message boards and not much interest in the computer in general.When she worked she was an RN and her fingers never touched a computer.

My Mother was Office MGR for a Dentist. When Delta Dental wanted all Offices to file Insurance Claims on Computers she showed them she could type/fax the Forms over twice as fast as using their Computer hooked up to phone line. Though this was 20+ yrs ago... Needless to say Delta took their Computer back and the Office was Old School until she retired in 2005.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1