NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I guess everyone’s experience will vary. Admittedly, I have only priced (or sailed) MSC for Caribbean itineraries. If I am looking to fly over seas, my comfort zone remains with Celebrity….but I won’t book a suite on Celebrity again because it doesn’t compare to YC in my opinion. 

I will not be booking any suites going forward.  CC with no add-on's as I see more value in paying a-la-carte so I know what I am getting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bnurick said:

I wish I had never booked The Retreat 5 more times thru 2025. I wish I had booked a CC cabin with no add-ons. This way I would simply pay an a-la-carte price for everything I actually want on a cruise.

Since you would it be changing ship or sail date, can’t you “downgrade” to a CC? Of course, it is probably more expensive than it was when you booked the Retreat.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

I will not be booking any suites going forward.  CC with no add-on's as I see more value in paying a-la-carte so I know what I am getting.

My plain ole veranda experience on Equinox back in July was outstanding!  I thought I’d miss the Retreat but I just didn’t. We did buy a drinks package during a 50% off flash sail but everything else was a la carte. Will definitely go this route again in the future. 

• Like 4

Just now, mac_tlc said:

Since you would it be changing ship or sail date, can’t you “downgrade” to a CC? Of course, it is probably more expensive than it was when you booked the Retreat.

mac_tlc

Last time I did I was charged and lost my higher OBC. So, I am stuck, unfortunately. But I actually would rather switch to DCL.

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My plain ole veranda experience on Equinox back in July was outstanding!  I thought I’d miss the Retreat but I just didn’t. We did buy a drinks package during a 50% off flash sail but everything else was a la carte. Will definitely go this route again in the future. 

My Silhouette TA Blue Chip inside cabin and subsequent MoveUp to CC for $200 was awesome. I had no packages at all and got free drinks nightly because I play craps every night. The service cash tipping was crazy wonderful. My cruise came to $209.47 per day over 13 nights. X will lose on me paying +$1,000 a day going forward.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bnurick said:

It is the principal of the matter. For decades you are sold on paying an astronomical price for an astronomical good time. Now after you have booked, the rug is pulled in various ways. I would have no problem if free cancelations were offered, that is actually the appropriate thing to do here.

Astronomical Prices = Astronomical Experience

or

Refund Option

I am in the same boat, so to speak.  The irony is if X would allow me to cancel, the cabin I currently have reserved (SS on an early Ascent sailing) would quickly be re-sold for 50% more than what I booked it at.

And I would cancel if I could do so for free, but not for the reasons most cite.

I am one cruise away from 4* on HAL, always in suites, and am not unhappy with HAL...just looking for a better cruise line for me.

In January when I booked, X was clearly superior for the minimal price difference vs. HAL.  The almost monthly rug pulls are a gut punch, to be sure.  But to kick me AND raise prices?  Pass.

I can't afford to fall in love with X.

Trout

• Like 5

18 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

ive seen vids of that shower and would love that cabin! for the price paid they really should deliver any food to you. period. even in the over the water shower!

reading all this stuff i wonder in a year what perks will be taken from my edge villa..

Will let you know regarding the perks in an edge villa as we are sailing in one at the end of this month. 

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Will they still deliver specialty coffee and pastries from Cafe Al Bacio to sky suites?

Since they just did away with Butlers for SS a couple of day ago it is probably too early to know.  My guess would be no.  They will deliver coffees & pastries but doubt they will send some one to Al Bacio to get them. Hope I’m wrong.

23 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Charging the lower suites for what is in effect a speciality item can't really be considered a 'cutback', and if it only applies to the Sky Suite level and not Celebrity Suites then it would actually be an enhancement for the Celebrity Suites... 

For years it has been available for Luminae guests at no charge. So to me that constitutes a cutback. New passengers to Celebrity will not notice its absence but loyal customers certainly will.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

For years it has been available for Luminae guests at no charge. So to me that constitutes a cutback. New passengers to Celebrity will not notice its absence but loyal customers certainly will.

The distinction is between the Chic night lobster in MDR and the up-charge lobster recently introduced and available every night in the MDR.

If it was the up-charge version then charging for it in Luminae is reasonable, if it was the Chic night MDR lobster then charging is not reasonable.

It wasn't clear in earlier posts, but if it was the night it was served as a normal main menu option in the MDR then I would say it was a mistake to charge for it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Since they just did away with Butlers for SS a couple of day ago it is probably too early to know.  My guess would be no.  They will deliver coffees & pastries but doubt they will send some one to Al Bacio to get them. Hope I’m wrong.

Hope you’re right. 

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

18 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Hope you’re right. 

This was the only reason I thought I would enjoy a butler. Well that, and stocking us up with water. Looks like we probably won’t have either. I wish we would have just booked a veranda for half the price. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 9:09 PM, Mark_K said:

There’s a current thread about how Blu will allow you two (or more) lobster tails, that being the case, I’d be surprised if Luminae didn’t, even for people in lowly Sky Suites, which are, after all, supposed to be a step above Aqua.

tail only, no meat..

9 hours ago, bnurick said:

I will not be booking any suites going forward.

I see more value in paying a-la-carte so I know what I am getting.

Your above statements are exactly us.

Perhaps you might have seen a post where I mentioned that we did have a Butler once and tried Concierge Class -- never required his/her service ( non-drinkers, prefer to dine in the MDR and purchase Specialty restaurants package, make my own reservations ( no patience to wait for call-backs ), etc so, the value ($$$ ) is not worth it for us.

LOL--- I hope you cooled down from the " why in the X#$% do you care." question you asked earlier ?

( I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you )

• Like 1

We have now cancelled our upcoming CS in Apex. Too much uncertainty & instead booked an SV. I’m happy even though I lost my deposit & OBC.

We can have elite breakfast or OV.

Almost managed to persuade dh to switch to Princess (better itinerary) but the dates were different and didn’t work. Next time possibly. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bnurick said:

I have been processing all these changes and cheesy up charges when the SS price is +$1,000 a day. Another cruise line will make a status match push to court The Retreat guests from X. Something like disappointed, come give us a try. Seems MSC is the most logical at this point, but will wait and see.  In June DCL gave me two lobsters and would have given me five if I wanted to pig out, but I don’t take advantage.

HAve you compared the size of the suite rooms on MSC to the size of the SS on Celebrity.  One of the main reasons we sail in Sky Suites is for the larger room. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Are you the CCer that was upset that their " personal " Butler was 4 minutes late to " draw " their bath one night ?

Not me.  Never take baths, only showers, besides the bath tubs in the Sky Suites are too shallow for my liking.  Grew really fond of the Japanese style tubs when I lived in Japan.  If I can't submerge up to my neck, not worth the water.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 1:21 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

She isn't a CEO. You need to go up a level to Jason Liberty. Their 3 main goals through year end 2025 are presented plain as day and it has nothing to do with providing more off-menu freebies to Sky Suites. 

That's just a continuation of the double/double program RCG instituted in 2014 and which LLP did a great job initiating the long list of death by 1,000 cuts. So these actions are not new...just accelerated.

Not familiar with the program? Click here to see RCG's official "The discipline behind "Double Double."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My last three cruises were on Regent.  I have two Azamara cruises booked.  I'm now looking at a 2026 Regent 14 night Southern Caribbean which includes the ABCs, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, St Kitts and St Barts.  Celebrity doesn't do those length any more.

A 10 night boring Celebrity itinerary in a low SS is $736pp/pn.  Regent's lower category suite aft facing is $660pp/pn on their newest ship.  Regent includes premium liquor ltrs in the suite, laundry daily, included specialty restaurants, included gratuities, included excursions at every port and more. I priced it without the air or pre-cruise hotel.

In the MDR I can order lobster, prime steak, scallops and other seafood included in the everyday menu besides the rotating nightly entrees.

IMO, Celebrity is no longer competitive with the luxury line.

• Like 11

17 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Will let you know regarding the perks in an edge villa as we are sailing in one at the end of this month. 

We did the TA this past April on an EV on the Apex. The perks were typical of the high end suites and we had no complaints - service was excellent - except for 2 things

there is a sliding shelf in the bathroom the slides left or right allowing an opening to see out from the bathroom, nice touch, however there isnt anyway to "lock it in place" so if you get in any weather it will slide  in both directions with a rather loud noise when it hits the end of the track. We just shoved wash clothes into the grove to hold it in place. Also the glass door to the bathroom, is very heavy and held in place by magnets. The magnets are not strong enough to hold it in place - bad design. Since the EV is forward and high any ship motion is amplified. If the she heads into a sea then that door will open and close, in our experience on the TA it did so rather violently until it jambed in the open position.

That said we would book that suite again just not on a TA