Elite perks

Elevatorman

52 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We always work the math on whether to book as one voyage or separate voyages.  Since the start-up, we have found booking as one has been more financially advantages for us.

Say hello to Ken for us, hope to see you guys onboard soon!

Ken says hi back.  

Have you been to Falklands to see the King penguins?  If not, see if you can find out who took over from Patrick Watts (retired I heard) tour to Volunteer Point.  Best tour ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjkTX said:

Sorry - we seem to have hi-jacked your thread 🙂  I hope you received the answers you were looking for!  The only overlapping we found was the mini-bar since we have had the Plus Package on all our recent cruises.  But they all fit in my suitcase coming home 🙂

Several cruises we have come home with 16 or more bottles. We have a whole cabinet full. Going to take a bunch of them on our Oceania cruise because they allow you to bring liquor onboard and only wine and beer are included.

19 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Ken says hi back.  

Have you been to Falklands to see the King penguins?  If not, see if you can find out who took over from Patrick Watts (retired I heard) tour to Volunteer Point.  Best tour ever.

Yes, we were in Port Stanley this past March and went to Volunteer Point.  Shaun, one of Patrick's long-time guides, took over the business.  We have already booked him again for our return visit in December of 2024.

One of the best tours ever!

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

We will be elite after our Sept. Med. cruise. I was most excited about the free laundry until it was pointed out everything has to be hot water safe. I wash all my clothes in cold so am deflated. I guess I won't have to iron my husband's dress shirts at least.

At home, we also wash in cold water.  We regularly send out our workout clothes, underwear, pj's and socks with no issues while onboard. 

My DW washes everything else in the laundry room.

We do write "cold water wash only" on the laundry slip.  We don't know if they actually use cold water?  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

We will be elite after our Sept. Med. cruise. I was most excited about the free laundry until it was pointed out everything has to be hot water safe. I wash all my clothes in cold so am deflated. I guess I won't have to iron my husband's dress shirts at least.

Once elite, you can request the tokens for the washer and dryer from the Passenger Services Desk. They are N/C for elite passengers if you prefer to do some of your own laundry, as we do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Several cruises we have come home with 16 or more bottles. We have a whole cabinet full. Going to take a bunch of them on our Oceania cruise because they allow you to bring liquor onboard and only wine and beer are included.

We were running out of storage room for them - earlier this year I "donated" three zip-lock quart size bags full to a "charity."   :-)

On 8/23/2023 at 2:43 PM, Thrak said:

I have to wonder how many people actually use the "shoe polishing" perk. I'm sure some do but can't imagine it's widely used. Perhaps I should give it a try.

Haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if someone has already answered but ...

I tried it once, just once. Thought I'd get my shoes back looking all gussied up with the old wax-based polishes, rubbed in with a cloth and then hit with a brush and shined with a towel.

Nope. Seemed they just use one of those silicone-based spongy things. That's it. Pretty crappy.

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

MT luncheon on some ships, MT Evening Drinking Party on others. Unless they changed that, too?

Just being a bit pedantic here but the MT luncheon is not an Elite benefit. It is for the top 40 (20 couples typically) people with the most cruise days. It is possible (and has happened) that some Platinum level passengers will qualify if there aren't enough elite on a particular cruise. Most times though, all are Elite.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Just being a bit pedantic here but the MT luncheon is not an Elite benefit. It is for the top 40 (20 couples typically) people with the most cruise days. It is possible (and has happened) that some Platinum level passengers will qualify if there aren't enough elite on a particular cruise. Most times though, all are Elite.

Sorry. Never meant to imply that was only an Elite benefit. We have 58 Princess cruises. Have attended the two functions many times and have been 1, 2 and 3 MT many times, too.

Happy Cruising! 

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Sorry. Never meant to imply that was only an Elite benefit. We have 58 Princess cruises. Have attended the two functions many times and have been 1, 2 and 3 MT many times, too.

Happy Cruising! 

Oh no issues, just being pedantic!

Happy Cruising to you too!

On 8/23/2023 at 2:55 PM, Steelers36 said:

Have you been away a while?  There has not been much recent changes.  On Princess.com, you can read about the benefits for each CC Member level. Download the PDF on this page:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Thank you, yes away for a while,booked with the premier plus 

20 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

We have plus so don’t use the bottles much. We trade them out for vodka and pour them into empty water bottles and use them for Bloody Mary’s and Screwdrivers at home 

On 8/24/2023 at 1:36 PM, bjkTX said:

Sorry - we seem to have hi-jacked your thread 🙂  I hope you received the answers you were looking for!  The only overlapping we found was the mini-bar since we have had the Plus Package on all our recent cruises.  But they all fit in my suitcase coming home 🙂

All good , any info is good info 

On 8/24/2023 at 6:00 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, we were in Port Stanley this past March and went to Volunteer Point.  Shaun, one of Patrick's long-time guides, took over the business.  We have already booked him again for our return visit in December of 2024.

One of the best tours ever!

@LACruiser88 can you share contact information for Shaun? We are planning a trip in 2025 and would love to make a note of it.

• Like 1