Britannia broke her lines

kalos

1 hour ago, FatBoy20 said:

321 Passengers required to leave & offered 20% off a future cruise. P&O very generous as usual I would want a full refund for this one as well!.

Full refund jeez they are now in the 2nd week of the cruise no way you would get that. Again only the news reports so much.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 8

Storms in the Med can be sudden and violent. Probably made worse now by global warming. Was visiting my father who lived in Majorca once after worst storm for 100 years. Dead livestock and trees in the marina and most of the crops and soil washed away along with roads and bridges. It took everyone by surprise then, probably the same now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

No doubt at least one of the passengers who are on board this cruise and who contributed to this thread will report back when they know.

That reminds me ... Thanks to @Mrs applehead and a few others onboard for keeping 

us all updated regarding the ship .

• Like 16

I understand that the 20% FCC was only the compensation element. I expect this to be offered shipwide but can’t confirm at this stage.

Anyone leaving the ship will also be entitled to a pro-rata refund under the standard terms and conditions, plus all arrangements made and paid for them back to Southampton. They may get a slightly better compensation element for the added inconvenience.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 15

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I understand that the 20% FCC was only the compensation element. I expect this to be offered shipwide but can’t confirm at this stage.

Anyone leaving the ship will also be entitled to a pro-rata refund under the standard terms and conditions, plus all arrangements made and paid for them back to Southampton. They may get a slightly better compensation element for the added inconvenience.

As usual, that sounds about right.

• Like 1

Captain just finished his announcement. All but 2 of the departing pax are now on their way to hotels. captain didn’t say when they were flying but indicated flight delays were easing.  Last 2 pax leave shortly. No idea what their compensation is. We are sailing sometime tonight. Captain says that we will have some obc “ to enjoy a drink”. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, Esprit said:

We’re the 321 passengers selected because of their muster station location close to the damaged lifeboat!

Once you have been assigned one how can it be changed mid cruise!

You can't change the Muster its all based on cabin location.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Esprit said:

We’re the 321 passengers selected because of their muster station location close to the damaged lifeboat!

I don’t think anyone was forced off. Think there were enough volunteers plus pax on freebies ( eg relatives of crew) . No one has ever announced exact numbers. The last 2 coaches have left but didn’t see how many other coaches have gone before. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Just seen a positive post of some pax enjoying celebration night as they sail off!

Yes the food in MDR was the best Celebration Night food we have had. The lemon sole was lovely. The biggest laugh was at about 7.15 during dinner in MDR when the entertainment or guest relations manager came on the PA to say that tonight’s dress code had been changed to casual - everyone in MDR was in formal attire ! A bit late to tell everyone. 

• Haha 13

14 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I don’t think anyone was forced off. Think there were enough volunteers plus pax on freebies ( eg relatives of crew) . No one has ever announced exact numbers. The last 2 coaches have left but didn’t see how many other coaches have gone before. 

Anyone travelling on a non commercial fare is likely to have been asked to leave the ship first. There are always head office staff/contractors travelling for work and or pleasure and it’s known that you get booted off first if necessary.

• Thanks 8

5 hours ago, AchileLauro said:

There's been some brilliantly sensationalist reporting in various national and regional newspapers regarding this event but I think the report in the South Wales Argus possibly takes the biscuit

"ONE passenger and her family from Blackwood are having a “horrific experience” after a storm hit their boat and caused them to crash off the coast of Palma in Mallorca during a P&O cruise.

According to people on board, strong winds from the storm blew the top deck off, broke the anchors and sent them careering into a freight vessel."

Blackwood passenger's "horrifying experience" of ship crash | South Wales Argus

It's well accepted that this newspaper is notorious for their alarmist sensationalism  reporting but they have certainly excelled themselves on this occasion, unless of course the wind did actually blow the top deck off!

If the South Wales Argus cant even distinguish between a BOAT and a SHIP then there's no wonder people take no notice of them😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I don’t see any reason to. At worst maybe a few passengers might get cancelled if the lifeboat situation hasn’t been sorted. 

Assumedly if its lifeboats only they may be able to switch them out or whatever.  If its mechanisms as well that may be more difficult, only the engineers will know.  However with only four more Southampton based cruises before Britannia sets sail to Barbados for her Caribbean season no doubt they will need her in tip top first class condition as repair in that area will be more difficult and presumably expensive sway from home.

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

I hope you get home without too much delay.

is it true that the 321 have been booked into a hotel for 2 nights? 

4 hours ago, FatBoy20 said:

321 Passengers required to leave & offered 20% of a future cruise. P&O very generous as usual I would want a full refund for this one as well!.

20% off a later cruise? Oh P and O you spoil us. But no promise of a free glass of their legendary Celebration Night fizz upon embarkation next time…..

Edited by Camberley