Man Overboard on Wonder of the Seas

If you were on the ship you also would have heard the captain say they were stopping, turning around and conducting a search and rescue operation. Captain came on around 30 minutes after the Oscar announcement. 

• Like 1

My sister-in-law is on Wonder of the Seas now, and she said they are stopped in the middle of the ocean. There are spotlights and boats out there searching for a man overboard. The captain announced it about 8pm CT this evening. She's not sure where they are, if it's the Gulf or the Atlantic because they had to change course due to Hurricane Idalia.

• Thanks 1

I am on board the Wonder of the Seas now. The Captain announced that there was a man overboard about 8pm CT tonight Tues 8-29. I started video taping the small boat that was searching for the person and I searched with my camera from my balcony for about an hour with no luck. Our ship already had to change course because we were headed right into the hurricane so we are missing Honduras as a result of Hurricane Idelia and so we had to come around the bottom of Cuba. We were stopped for about two and a half hours looking for the overboard person when another emergency happened on board and now we are headed as fast as possible to Grand Cayman which was not one of our stops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penni827 said:

I am on board the Wonder of the Seas now. The Captain announced that there was a man overboard about 8pm CT tonight Tues 8-29. I started video taping the small boat that was searching for the person and I searched with my camera from my balcony for about an hour with no luck. Our ship already had to change course because we were headed right into the hurricane so we are missing Honduras as a result of Hurricane Idelia and so we had to come around the bottom of Cuba. We were stopped for about two and a half hours looking for the overboard person when another emergency happened on board and now we are headed as fast as possible to Grand Cayman which was not one of our stops. 

Ugh, how horrible.

We don't have any more updates right now beyond those already posted. To recap - man overboard search and rescue operation went on for 3 hours, person wasn't found. Now the ship is full speed ahead to Grand Cayman due to an unrelated medical emergency. 

• Like 2