What is everybody's favorite carnival alcoholic drink?

bguppies

Just got off the Glory this morning and I tried several "new to me" frozen drinks and my favorites were: Kiss On The Lips, Mango Swirl and Court Jester. Only KOTL was listed on the bar menus (that I saw,) but I had no problems getting the others. DH mostly drank Long Island Ice Tea's, sometimes getting a Blue LIIT, in which they add blue curaçao instead of triple sec and no cola. We both also enjoyed the Mocha Chocolate Getaway. We had the Cheers package and most days I drank at least 10-12 frozen drinks throughout the day and only once did I feel a bit "buzzed." I think that was the day I tried The Cruiser and it was pretty strong, for my liking at least. I don't drink a lot at home and the bartenders do not short you on the liquor. heh

At Java Blue, we both really loved the Ghirardelli Blended Frappes in double chocolate. 🙂 

Edited by MommyCrankyPants

I also like the Kiss on the Lips. It’s sweet and fruity but not strong and has no alcohol taste. I believe it’s just peach schnapps, mango purée and grenadine. So if you like a frozen fruity drink that won’t make you drunk this is it. Although it is a little embarrassing to ask the waiter for it.🤣

• Haha 1

I drink non alcoholic banana daquaris alot on the cruise-depends on the weather- can't drink alot of rum based drinks (like bahama mama's) also like my dom perignon but it's waaaaay too expensive- used to buy it when it was $40 a bottle (my friend and i would split it)- so now i settle for martini & rossi asti spumante - barefoot also makes a good asti spumante

On 9/11/2023 at 10:02 AM, nancy1031 said:

I drink non alcoholic banana daquaris alot on the cruise-depends on the weather- can't drink alot of rum based drinks (like bahama mama's) also like my dom perignon but it's waaaaay too expensive- used to buy it when it was $40 a bottle (my friend and i would split it)- so now i settle for martini & rossi asti spumante - barefoot also makes a good asti spumante

You should try sparling Pink Moscato if you like these

13 hours ago, nancy1031 said:

sounds good to me as i like moscato white wine-can't get over how many rows of wines there are at Giant Eagle- from all over the world and all kinds of prices from the $3 a bottle to the $300+ a bottle that's under lock & key.

Gallo also makes a line of fruit wines.  You might want to check them out as well

On 9/10/2023 at 7:40 AM, bguppies said:

DW and I will be cruising with the drink package for the first time in December.

We are not big drinkers, but enjoy a few every cruise. (I usually drink a few Miami Vice and she gets BBC's)

I doubt we will ever get close to the 15 drink limit any day, but we figured we could get out of our comfort zones and try some different drinks this trip.

Intrested to hear about everybody's favorite or go to drinks on Carnivalmy all-time fave is the Caribbean Manhattan at the Alchemy Bar, although I’m not sure it’s still on the menu, but it’s my nightly pre-dinner drink.  I especially love the 

1 hour ago, kittymommax4 said:

My all-time fave is the Caribbean Manhattan at the Alchemy Bar, although I’m not sure it’s even on the menu still.  It’s my go to pre-dinner drink EVERY night!  I especially LOVE the marinated cherries!

Yessssss! Not on their menu but they have made it for us😁

I love the way Carnival bartenders (usually) make a Miami Vice, with strawberry daiquiri poured on one side and pina colada on the other simultaneously, producing that red/white division down the middle of the tall glass.  When they do it right, I tip an extra dollar.  🙂  

Now that I have to watch my sugar, I'll get a Frozen Mudslide, since -- as my retired RN cruise-friend pointed out -- it has only half the calories of a typical daiquiri.  😉