Rogueperson's **LIVE** Jewel of the Seas 9/14/2023 - 9/28/2023.

Rogueperson

Good Morning from IMG_8829.thumb.png.96658aa68368f32df3b50e870a81d5ff.png

IMG_8828.thumb.jpeg.f3d20976cb93712ecfd6bf6c3ec87f3d.jpeg

Its a balmy 53 degrees.  I woke up early!!!  And way before my alarm.  Well gaining 30 minutes helped.

Now why did i set my alarm for a sea day?  Well its due to my current IT woes.  Late night before last, we get back to the room and our phone is blinking.  The mailbox on the phone.  I hit and it says 1 unanswered call.  I keep pushing ok and it called something.  it rang and rang.  We eventually unplugged the phone when the light would not go off.  Yesterday we went to st john came back and the phone was still blinking.  I push buttons again to try and fix it.  The phone rang and someone answered.  I explained the phone and asked who i called.  He said the internet, can he help me.  And i was like great.  Explained my complaint and he said yeah, he called me and knew who I was.  😡. He could have led with that.  anyways, he gives me the same answer that voom dude gave me.  IT would review the issue and call me back.  So why did you call me the other night?

Anyways, the guy calls me back almost immediately as I’m still trying to stop this phone from blinking.  He says someone will install a router this morning at 10.  So thats why i set the alarm.  And hopefully resolves the internet problem

I had to defer to the room steward to get the phone to stop blinking.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Used the 2nd of our pre purchase BOGO last night at Giovannis.

Restaurant was 1/4 full if that.

Starters and pasta were excellent but the mains were very disappointing. The Osso Bucco (x3) was a lump of flat bone with a few pieces of meat, and not the large upright presentation we are used to: the fillet was dry, served with mash and one small piece of broccoli 🥦 

It was underwhelming and we will be cancelling our reservation for there next cruise. 
We got presented with a $0 cheque. 

We actually went to a show!! Our 2nd of the cruise to see the Adult comic. He wasn’t. 
Closed out Vintages. 
Clocks back another 30 mins last night. 

I couldn't help notice that Giovanni's was empty and Chops had people waiting to get in.  

This is kind of a first.

I’m feeling punchy.  The spotty internet which seems to be all over the ship today is annoying me.  Little things not working on my computer because the net keeps cutting out.  It wasn’t prevalent on my phone, but my computer was a different story.  

The lack of quiet area is starting to get to me.  That’s a first too.  

All at once, i feel like I’m done with this cruise.  Its not Royal’s fault.  Its just things i didn’t account for.  I just wanna go home now.  I’m actually looking forward to driving home.  I don’t need 5 drinks a day but that part of me in my head saying i should take advantage of it is driving me a little nuts.  Who knew 5 free drinks would cause anxiety?!?!?  Food.  Yeah, i keep eating because its there.  Same deal.  

The activity announcement is getting to me.  

I miss my dog.

IMG_8181.thumb.jpeg.9ed873cc258dc10d39871b3db76766d6.jpeg

Its that wasting away feeling i’ve said before.  Its been a while since i felt it.  My b2b 14 night last year didn’t trigger this, nor did my 12 night on Enchantment last year.  I haven’t made a meaningful decision outside what to eat in 2 weeks.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

Rogueperson, 

Very cute dog!  I'm sure he/she will be very excited to see you.

We are boarding the day you disembark, anything good or bad to look out for? 

The internet is bad.  Or I should say inconsistent. It depends on where you are and even then, not so much.

When it works, its great and much faster than before.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I know the feeling. Came back last Thursday on a b2b on the Liberty covering 14 days. By day 12 I was done. I think 10-11 days is my sweet spot.

The last time i felt it was in 2015 on our honeymoon.  That is to date our longest cruise at 15 nights.  However, that cruise had 6 sea days (7 if you count the canal crossing) whereas this one has 8.  I did not have internet back then.

Not sure exactly what contributes to it.  Need more cruises for more data.

There is something causes glitches with the time changes? My Hotmail account is totally locked out and if I make a post on FB it says I posted it 2 hours ago when it was literally a minute ago!! 

Contradiction in dress code for tonight: app said “dress your best” whereas paper cruise compass says 70s.  Most people appear to have ignored both. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

This is kind of a first.

I’m feeling punchy.  The spotty internet which seems to be all over the ship today is annoying me.  Little things not working on my computer because the net keeps cutting out.  It wasn’t prevalent on my phone, but my computer was a different story.  

The lack of quiet area is starting to get to me.  That’s a first too.  

All at once, i feel like I’m done with this cruise.  Its not Royal’s fault.  Its just things i didn’t account for.  I just wanna go home now.  I’m actually looking forward to driving home.  I don’t need 5 drinks a day but that part of me in my head saying i should take advantage of it is driving me a little nuts.  Who knew 5 free drinks would cause anxiety?!?!?  Food.  Yeah, i keep eating because its there.  Same deal.  

The activity announcement is getting to me.  

I miss my dog.

IMG_8181.thumb.jpeg.9ed873cc258dc10d39871b3db76766d6.jpeg

Its that wasting away feeling i’ve said before.  Its been a while since i felt it.  My b2b 14 night last year didn’t trigger this, nor did my 12 night on Enchantment last year.  I haven’t made a meaningful decision outside what to eat in 2 weeks.

Sorry for the rant.

I miss my dogs too and I don’t need all those drinks either, but I keep on drinking them.  Internet hasn’t been too bad down on deck 4 forward for me. Planning to enjoy my last day on the ship tomorrow. Hope you do the same. 

11 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

After dinner, we made the adult comic.

IMG_8826.thumb.jpeg.56d67ea480c2d20754af7d199dde10e7.jpeg

IMG_8827.thumb.jpeg.5501d4842a18f32c1b45744a5f5d3cce.jpeg

This guy was an absolute minimalist.  He barely moved on the stage.  He really was funny for what he did.  He told quick one liner jokes and his theme was pretty much stupid people.  He actually resonated with me which was probably why i thought he was funny.

We just saw him on Liberty earlier this month!  We enjoyed him for the most part.

I really haven't gotten that feeling, but I totally understand. It's the little things that add up.

Wifi has been hit or miss this afternoon, but it seems to have improved.

I do find the beer and wine selection extremely repetitive and fatiguing after a week or so. Thankfully Greenland and St Johns broke that up. I've found the bars that have the "good" wines over the standard stock.

Shows have been good! Beatles tonight...I went, but I'm just not a fan of it. Comedian was a riot last night. I LOVE dry humor. Etta May is hit or miss. This guy is better for my taste. I love all the production cast shows regardless of ship. They work their butts off!

Personal small things? We've been trying to dodge a certain passenger who insists on talking to us every waking moment of the day....so that hasn't been great looking over our shoulders all day the last few days. It's fun at first to catch up, but enough is enough after a bit.

There's no Parmesan cheese for late night pizza. 

We had a bad experience attempting the dining room on Night 2 which has only confirmed my hatred for the new menus and way they're doing things there. Windjammer for life now. They've totally ruined it for me.

They had a coffee station similar to outside Windjammer set up outside the dining room on the TA this year. It's gone now. Sometimes I just don't want an Americano or Latte from the cafe and just want straight up Royal coffee. It's usually pretty good! (It's a hike to go get it from the room and I sleep in)

Kat the CD is good and pleasant, but she seems a little...rigid. I'm sure she'll come out of her shell with more experience. Definitely lots of potential!

I know the Windjammer manager from previous sailings. Great guy! Food selection hasn't been bad, but a few of the extras that some of the chefs do haven't been present. Garlic oil, chili oil daily, etc. The head chef on the TA was AWESOME. Just a difference in staff.

Chops and Izumi were fabulous! Definitely the 2 best meals onboard!

Staff has been pretty good. I know a few of the bartenders from previous cruises. Stateroom guy is pleasant and does a decent job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Indian 🇮🇳 night in the buffet last night. Usually one of the few times we make a point of eating there in the evening however it wasn’t that good. The butter chicken should be creamy with a rich sauce and it was dry, the chicken 65 should blow your head off with the spices and it didn’t and there was no mango chutney which is a heinous crime!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

IT guy came while we were out a brunch.  Its a bit better now in our room.

Brunch!  The MDR is open straight through to 1 pm

Menu

IMG_8831.thumb.jpeg.bd51686419185d5ad116cd570e2f5f06.jpeg

Chicken & Waffles.  This was better than I expected.

IMG_8830.jpeg

When did they serve the Brunch menu?

Last Night’s show.

IMG_8841.thumb.jpeg.ccedd3be1ca2f2eb621c9f5697def5e3.jpeg

IMG_8842.thumb.jpeg.4e920dac993f9eb3a5458ce421ae383e.jpeg

Supposedly if i heard right, they were Grammy Nominated.  I am not a huge Beetles fan so i was meh.  My wife LOVES it.  So the consensus is this was an amazing show.

Last night’s dinner.

Menu

IMG_8845.thumb.jpeg.2cb18b1933a71e72f91efd25a509abe5.jpeg

Did I post a pic of the Vidalia Onion Tart?  I try not to post repeat pics of food.  Hence you only got 1 picture of escargot, but i ate two every night its was offered.

IMG_8843.thumb.jpeg.494de4e35dfad28c795c5a2417596b4a.jpeg

Its Lobster night.  Yes we only get one.  And for me, 1 was not an entree by itself.

IMG_8844.thumb.jpeg.b408675a25bddb68e6770d4d4e8917e0.jpeg

So I got the Chicken Marsala as well.

IMG_8846.thumb.jpeg.e38762af8ebce0eec61435d18d1484fd.jpeg

Baked Alaska

IMG_8847.thumb.jpeg.167ec30f90d172cf62e73dc3899dcc8c.jpeg

After dinner is the famous 70s Party.

IMG_8848.thumb.jpeg.47e175d2d2b01141d79462fa624d4687.jpeg

IMG_8849.thumb.jpeg.f5351f06e24a94d977aff3256b41e499.jpeg

Someone else hit it on the head.  Kat is very rigid.  She needs to find her niche and/or style.  But my wife indicated to me that this was a very rigid demographic, so this cruise was not a good cruise for her to cut her teeth.  I think she’s new, but someone else can chime in on that.  I’d never heard of her before this cruise.

Good Morning from

IMG_8850.thumb.png.187376544d7bd799d242f809e38d800d.png

This is our last day of this cruise.  The only thing planned is the Sushi Saki lunch.  I promised to take the wife after I did it on my solo cruise on Brilliance, but they didn’t offer it for my last two cruises for some reason, or if they did, we were conflicted somehow.

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone who took the time to do live postings this cruise.

I will be on the Jewel for a 9 day in November.

I plan to do the MDR every-night and take pictures of the food with my opinions which I will post when the cruise is complete.

I try to disconnect from technology on my cruises which I work with everyday.

I would be irritable too about the internet connection problems considering the prices paid for the service on onboard. I feel it is worse to have intermittent connections than no connection at all.

Again, I thank everyone for sharing.

• Like 1

We didn’t go to the show but The Liverpool Beatles were all Americans 🤷‍♀️

I have resolved my Hotmail Issue: as suspected it was a time thing. Phone had reset itself to Nuuk automatically ( I get free data roaming in Greenland for some reason!) and then I had gone in and manually changed the time when we kept doing the 30 minute changes. This had mucked things up!

Ive now set time to Halifax and emails flooding in! 

I’m currently sunbathing on aft balcony. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to do live postings this cruise.

I will be on the Jewel for a 9 day in November.

I plan to do the MDR every-night and take pictures of the food with my opinions which I will post when the cruise is complete.

I try to disconnect from technology on my cruises which I work with everyday.

I would be irritable too about the internet connection problems considering the prices paid for the service on onboard. I feel it is worse to have intermittent connections than no connection at all.

Again, I thank everyone for sharing.

I did get a $50.00 credit for the internet…for

my troubles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1