What is the Magic Carpet on the Edge?

SClakeliving

First time on Edge (sailing Nov 13) and wondering what exactly is the Magic Carpet. I see things about Magic Carpet Suites and other comments about having a drink while "on it". Is it a public area, when does it move, and what to do on it? Any tips about would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Is the Movable  platform that can go down to the water line and up to the top of the ship.  It isn’t an elevator and you cannot ride it while it is moving When it is stationary it is a bar or Party space.  

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is usually parked on the pool deck.   It is basically a porch or patio hanging on the side on the ship.  When on it you don’t feel any different than on being any deck near a bar.   It can get very windy and there is very little shade.  Can’t say that the view is any better or worse than sitting near the edge of any other open deck

I didn’t find any of the chairs or seating to be very comfortable.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅.  

During the day we spend a ton of time out there. It’s basically a bar or seating area during that time. But it’s much quieter than the pool deck. Lots of seating and it’s rarely that crowded and the bartenders are generally very attentive. I find the seating perfectly fine and comfortable - but I can’t say that in general that I’m in agreement with the E class ‘uncomfortable furniture’ peanut gallery.

On tender days it can be the tender platform/launch area which is a huge improvement. During the evening they sometimes offer a dinner once a cruise as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The hideous orange color makes it look like a construction site elevator, marring the looks of the Edge. As the others have said, you cannot be on it while it is moving. So, most of the time it is just a bar. I do agree that it is a comfortable tender embarkation/disembarkation platform. 

Magic Capet Sky Suites (cheapest suites of the ship) are the 4 suites directly behind/below the Magic Carpet and when it moves it passes in front of these suites... now remember it only basically goes up & down once per day and is empty when traveling.... I prefer the magic carpet corner suites!

9 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

There’s a video on X dot com. 😊

image.jpeg.ee347fa1e7ee44cd6b462d9deee409e0.jpeg

great photo..thanks for that!

It shows  various spots to sit and enjoy... nice lounges in the far area in the photo.  I like it in the morning when hardly  no one is  out there...nice views.. a bit of a breeze and they will make a mimosa..Perfect access from the Solarium when it is on that level.

• Like 3