Coffee House Style Breakfast

smj

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Great post of the Elite lite bkfst choices. Thank you Cruisestich

Love the smoked salmon platter, berries, cheeses.  Bellini for me, espresso for my husb..

Would be nice if they added hard boiled egg and toasted Eng  Muffin to the selections...but happy as is!

they will bring toast if you ask

This turned out to be a great thread.  Especially appreciated the posts of the current menus.  We’re Elite Plus, and have been dining in Blu and Luminae.  Reading through the comments was a good reminder for multiple reasons to come catch a nice breakfast put on for Captains Club Members.

• Like 1

I was born and raised in the South.  Growing up I was always taught that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.  I enjoy breakfast foods so much that I can eat them for any meal.  Eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, etc.   My ideal way to start a sea day on a cruise is to have a nice early hot breakfast of eggs cooked to order, a protein of my choice, and toasted bread.  I usually take orange juice and coffee but often skip those with breakfast on sea days.  After finishing my hot breakfast, I usually have my DW, who is not a big breakfast eater, join me at the Elite Breakfast.  I'll have a mimosa or Bellini  and coffee (usually with Bailey's of course), while my DW will have her apple juice and pastries of choice.  

Now if only Celebrity could make a real sausage gravy & biscuits offering then all would be right with the world. 

• Like 2

Agree this is  a great  thread!

Another reason to go is that it's also nice to meet and chat with the Cap Club rep who is usually present. 

somedays we have an early bkfst, and then go for coffee and a danish. Very relaxing!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, hcat said:

Agree this is  a great  thread!

Another reason to go is that it's also nice to meet and chat with the Cap Club rep who is usually present. 

somedays we have an early bkfst, and then go for coffee and a danish. Very relaxing!

Yes, nice having a chance to meet and chat with a Captains Club Host.  It seems to be the only chance now for that interaction. Gone are the days of the small intimate gatherings (at least on Celebrity’s ships).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I was born and raised in the South.  Growing up I was always taught that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.  I enjoy breakfast foods so much that I can eat them for any meal.  Eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, etc.   My ideal way to start a sea day on a cruise is to have a nice early hot breakfast of eggs cooked to order, a protein of my choice, and toasted bread.  I usually take orange juice and coffee but often skip those with breakfast on sea days.  After finishing my hot breakfast, I usually have my DW, who is not a big breakfast eater, join me at the Elite Breakfast.  I'll have a mimosa or Bellini  and coffee (usually with Bailey's of course), while my DW will have her apple juice and pastries of choice.  

Now if only Celebrity could make a real sausage gravy & biscuits offering then all would be right with the world. 

Well said, growing up in the South..this is what I experienced too....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MandL said:

Yes, nice having a chance to meet and chat with a Captains Club Host.  It seems to be the only chance now for that interaction. Gone are the days of the small intimate gatherings (at least on Celebrity’s ships).

sometimes an officer will join you for coffee and conversation in Cafe Baccio...

up to our last cruise,  officers were out and about on the central area decks overooking martini bar area..esp on chic nights and many would stop to chat

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Add to that some real Corned Beef Hash.

• Like 1

The wife and I, not being big breakfast eaters, love the Elite Breakfast.

Surprisingly, we done 4 cruises since covid & noticed not overwhelmingly attended. Recall prior to covid waiting on line at the breakfast buffet table. Now nice and quiet and easy to find a window table.

7 minutes ago, Banjo said:

Surprisingly, we done 4 cruises since covid & noticed not overwhelmingly attended. Recall prior to covid waiting on line at the breakfast buffet table. Now nice and quiet and easy to find a window table.

I think it depends on how many people book Always included on the cruise , if you already have a drink package there will be less people there 

9 hours ago, Banjo said:

Itinerary plays a role . I like to sail on a TA and always busy!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I think it depends on how many people book Always included on the cruise , if you already have a drink package there will be less people there 

Perhaps,  but not all go for the included drinks.  On E Class in Tuscsn it was a very nice atmosphere even if just for a second  coffee and danish. It usually has some of the best coffee on board

• Like 1

This is our daily routine for breakfast! Hubby only has an espresso and a fruit plate(he goes to the gym most mornings after breakfast) I have smoked salmon or cheese plate brown toast and butter no bagel and a glass of fiz! I don’t do the gym just a walk.round the decks. Love the captains club breakfast!

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Itinerary plays a role . I like to sail on a TA and always busy!!

11 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You probably right on numbers booked.

We did the Edge TA October of 2022 (Rome-FLL), they had a nice buffet set up but the ship was maybe 1/2 full.

I do recall doing TA's (we done 9 of them) prior to covid and actually lined up to get into the Tuscan. 

In 2019 , on the infinity Holy Land before the TA was the last time we went to Elite breakfast 

the place was empty , and it was impossible to get a coffee , the Sky Lounge was the same for Happy Hour 

it was more fun to have drinks at the Sunset Bar and Bacio than the Elite events 

Really haven’t back 

We are not big drinkers but visit some of the bars if not overcrowded or loud.

We have enjoyed the lite bkfst more on E Class  in Tuscan..one of the 4  mdrs, but have been to it on other ships in their Tuscan Restaurant. Nice and well attended

Heard it may now be held in the Bistro?

Does anyone know re E Class ???

We made elite before our Edge cruise in March and I was so excited about being able to go to the elite breakfast. It was held in Le Grand Bistro and was never full. I was very underwhelmed. I don't drink coffee and my husband only drinks Americano, so the fancy coffee is wasted on us. It was the same food you could get from the buffet except pre-plated. Service was very spotty. My biggest disappointment was that I drink iced tea at every meal and they would not get it for me. The first day they said it wasn't available. After that I would ask for hot tea and some ice. Other than the fact that I could sit in a room and have people bring me the same food as I could get in the buffet, there wasn't much special about it. Sorry to be so negative - that's the way I experienced it.

13 hours ago, sasset said:

Add to that some real Corned Beef Hash.

Great point.  I have been known to have two poached eggs with corned beef hash for breakfast.  I've even ordered corned beef has as a side with my Eggs Benedict.  

• Like 1

On our Solstice Alaska cruise in August there were very few E and E+ per the lovely CC hostess and not a single Zenith.  We enjoyed the sail in to Dawes Glacier (they opened at 7 for us) and it was beautiful.  I don't typically eat breakfast but do like my coffee.

13 hours ago, hcat said:

We are not big drinkers but visit some of the bars if not overcrowded or loud.

We have enjoyed the lite bkfst more on E Class  in Tuscan..one of the 4  mdrs, but have been to it on other ships in their Tuscan Restaurant. Nice and well attended

Heard it may now be held in the Bistro?

Does anyone know re E Class ???

On the Apex in July it was in Le Grand Bistro. Served restaurant style from a menu you order from a server. No self service on anything. 

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

On the Apex in July it was in Le Grand Bistro. Served restaurant style from a menu you order from a server. No self service on anything. 

thanks. possibly that's where it will be held on ASCENT.. The Bistro has nice sea views and atmosphere..smaller area than TUSCAN dining rm

On 10/10/2023 at 12:24 PM, gold1953 said:

disagree. It is easy to eat healthy if you choose to do so which I always do

Which is wonderful, but let’s not insist everyone do so. (Not saying that you do, just making a plea.)

I eat healthy 48 weeks of the year so I can indulge on vacations and holidays. Bring on the buttered croissants!

• Haha 1

The Elite breakfast is one of the lovely things about a Celebrity cruise. As mentioned above it is a nice quiet place with good food and excellent service.

For those worried about healthy options, they are available but remember you’re on a cruise and in the famous words of Oscar Wilde: “everything in moderation, including moderation”.

• Like 1