Harmony of the Seas

Going on Harmony of the Seas in January. Have not been on a cruise in five years. Do guests still dress up in formal wear? What is the weather like in January in the Caribbean and can you book the shows before you get on board.  Thank you for any help with these questions. Much appreciated.

Yes,  but lots of people are about to chime and tell you don't have to.  That is true but lots of people still do.

Warm,

Yes, the beginning of the month prior to embarkation.

Edited by Tree_skier

6 minutes ago, jaycruiser59 said:

Going on Harmony of the Seas in January. Have not been on a cruise in five years. Do guests still dress up in formal wear? What is the weather like in January in the Caribbean and can you book the shows before you get on board.  Thank you for any help with these questions. Much appreciated.

Caribbean is a big area. Depends on where you are going.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jaycruiser59 said:

We're on the Harmony in January, too, the 14th.  If we are on the same cruise, on "formal night, you'll see me in my favorite formal blue jeans and polo shirt, at best.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We're on the Harmony in January, too, the 14th.  If we are on the same cruise, on "formal night, you'll see me in my favorite formal blue jeans and polo shirt, at best.  

My formal attire now as well. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Ok I'll look out for you. Yes same cruise 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaycruiser59 said:

Cozumel and Costa Maya

It's tropical.  December and January can have some rain at times. Rainy season is really June-October. Most likely it will be fine. Temps should be warm. Enjoy your cruise. 

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

One word about Galveston in January and February.  It can be very foggy sometimes that can cause delays. 

Our last one out of Galveston was Dec 2021 and it was exactly that.  It was quite cool too. But from day 2 onward it was great.

5 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I was gonna do that sailing but cancelled it on Monday because I have too much going on to guarantee I can make it, and final payment is next week. I'm kinda bummed about it, but have another cruise booked for July, so, oh well. 1st world problem 😂

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I was gonna do that sailing but cancelled it on Monday because I have too much going on to guarantee I can make it, and final payment is next week. I'm kinda bummed about it, but have another cruise booked for July, so, oh well. 1st world problem 😂

Ya, retirement life is a bi%^&.  When I book a cruise, I don't have anything standing in the way.  Well, except for possible medical issues. LOL  Too bad, I would have liked to meet ya and buy ya a drink.  

• Like 1

Many people do dress up for formal (or dress your best) nights.  Some, just as in the past, will be much more casual, including shorts and t shirts.

The air  temperature is OK for  me  but the ocean is a bit too cold.  Unless I'm  in the Southern Caribbean, I often don't book snorkeling excursions in the winter. 

Yes - you should be able to book shows for Oaiss Class in advance. 

M

I know you didn't ask but I just wanted to let you know that the Harmony does not have a pool in the solarium. I think it's the only RCL ship that doesn't have one. Instead, they put this rain "thingy" in there that didn't work when we sailed Harmony in December. I don't know what they were thinking.

Edited by 2chiefs

I just booked shows for harmony yesterday morning for nov 26. I booked 3 not all 5.

One is called timeline. Has anyone seen timeline and was it worth seeing. Timeline of what.  Also skipped the comedy show. Allure was only mens sexual humor, not a word about women. Only about mens parts. I would have liked more about both sexes, not just a mens thing. 

But I wondered about the show timeline?

Here are the other 3.

20231005_071135497.jpeg