Laundry in the middle of a B2B and changing rooms

In_Steerage

I'm accustomed to having laundry sent out on cruises lasting over a week, but my upcoming cruise is a B2B, 7+6 = 13 days, switching cabins between cruises. I'd like to anticipate that I can pack light and still do laundry towards the end of cruise #1, but the timing would be such that it would span the period when we end and begin the next cruise.

I know that a willing steward would most likely accommodate such a request, but does anyone know if ship's policy precludes such an arrangement?

We usually pack for 7 days regardless of cruise length.   We are Zenith so get free laundry and send it out about every two day.    Not sure if it is different for Zenith's  and/or Suites but I often send out laundry 3 days prior to the end of the cruise and get it back next day.   Actually I usually leave it out before we go to dinner and have it back 2 days from when I leave it out.  Sometimes it comes back next day.

Best to check with room attendant.

You cold also leave it out the evening of the first day.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, In_Steerage said:

I'm accustomed to having laundry sent out on cruises lasting over a week, but my upcoming cruise is a B2B, 7+6 = 13 days, switching cabins between cruises. I'd like to anticipate that I can pack light and still do laundry towards the end of cruise #1, but the timing would be such that it would span the period when we end and begin the next cruise.

I know that a willing steward would most likely accommodate such a request, but does anyone know if ship's policy precludes such an arrangement?

They will not allow you to send out laundry on cruise #1 to be returned on cruise #2

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

While we are also Zenith if our OP is an Elite or Elite+ member of the Captain's Club their list of Captain's Club benefits left in their stateroom on embarkation day will list (albeit in very small print) deadlines for submitting laundry.

Our room steward has always told us that the deadlines don't apply if you are B2B and they would collect our last bag in the morning 2 days before the end (e.g. Disembarkation Saturday bag out Thursday morning).  Changing cabins might affect this. Best advice is to follow the Cabin Stewards advice.

• Like 2

Agree with previous comments to be careful about this. On my B2B in August, I had sent laundry out 3 days before the end of the first cruise but there was no sign of it the night before turnaround day. I had to call guest services to try to find it. The room attendant returned it to me with some rather insistent knocking at my stateroom room at 5:45am on turnaround day (um thanks?).

I bring a washing bag and wash as I go .  I have an bungee clothes line which I hang with 2 super magnets. The name brand of the washing bag is Scruba  you can see how it works there are lots of youtube videos.  I bring a couple of micro fibre towels that are long and after I hand wring out water I lay clothing flat on towel and roll up together and put pressure on it and it  soaks up most the water and hang your clothes they dry fairly quickly and your good to go...my so called dress up clothes generally do not need washing since I have them on for couple of hours.  I change out of them after dinner ad photos......back in to shorts or whatever

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

Our room steward has always told us that the deadlines don't apply if you are B2B and they would collect our last bag in the morning 2 days before the end (e.g. Disembarkation Saturday bag out Thursday morning).  Changing cabins might affect this. Best advice is to follow the Cabin Stewards advice.

It definitely is different if changing cabins, especially if you have a different room steward. In fact, sometimes they are re-assigned to different cabins which could also affect things.  I sail a lot, often on b2b, and I really don't see the issue with following guidelines.  

Edited by phoenix_dream

20 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

It definitely is different if changing cabins, especially if you have a different room steward. In fact, sometimes they are re-assigned to different cabins which could also affect things.  I sail a lot, often on b2b, and I really don't see the issue with following guidelines.  

Totally agree about following the guidelines. My point, perhaps badly put, was: the details on the standard paperwork are just that “standard” and if the Room Steward says they can do better for B2B we go with that.

Our last B2B was organised on the ship just 48 hours before the first cruise ended and even then the Streward arranged for our laundry to be done. 

11 hours ago, the penguins said:

The last time we did a single cruise was in 2016 when he were treated to our Zenith cruise.  We do B2B, B2B2B and an occasional B2B2B2B.  We have never had a room steward tell us that "deadlines don't apply if you are on a B2B..."  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The last time we did a single cruise was in 2016 when he were treated to our Zenith cruise.  We do B2B, B2B2B and an occasional B2B2B2B.  We have never had a room steward tell us that "deadlines don't apply if you are on a B2B..."  

Clearly our experiences have differed. Our approach is just to ask, not demand, just a polite "is it possible you can help?" usually works wonders. 

16 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Thanks for pointing out.   I've never sent out on turn around day but have had my dinner jacket sent out on the first day so would be back for the first Chic Night.   The butler (new) said I would be charged the 50% premium for rush service and I said I didn't care as it wasn't wearable as it was.    Of course I was never charged.   

I guess the concept of 50% of Zero is Zero.