Celebrity Edge has Entered Dry Dock

Jim_Iain

19 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We leave for Sydney on Jan 8th and return home Feb 15th. Doing a B2B starting Jan 13th and end with a 10-day self-driving trip from Melbourne to Adelade and back along the great ocean road and then the Aussie wine country.

@terrydtx we are anxiously awaiting your review of the Edge in Aus/NZ.  We will be on board in March.  With all the recent changes it will be nice to have a report on the down under Edge experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 81Zoomie said:

@terrydtx we are anxiously awaiting your review of the Edge in Aus/NZ.  We will be on board in March.  With all the recent changes it will be nice to have a report on the down under Edge experience.

We have 76 days until we board on Jan13th.  

• Like 1

Just now, BOB999 said:

On the Edge right now, there is no bar in the Retreat Lounge.  The staff confirmed it was not added while in dry dock.

Drinks in the lounge continue to be made in the back and delivered.

Well, that is not good news and not what I was told on the Apex last month by the Retreat host. Thanks for the report. Was anything else done to the interior of the ship that you notice?

Enjoy your cruise.

21 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Good to see the fixed the backward spelling of the name on the stern, LOL  Great pictures of the shinny new hull too.

I understand that most often happens when you shoot a selfie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

First reports coming in-    The stand alone bar was not installed    Guests said they hope to install it soon.   Yea... Right.   How would they do that when the ship is in service.

What is so hard about installing the bar while the ship is moving ? 

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Noise, debris, disruption of service to those guest of the Retreat trying to have a peaceful and relaxing time in the space.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would think that they would have to install plumbing, electrical and water.   Next the location where it is to be install in directly in the area of the bathrooms and a prominent location in the lounge.  

Think of the room like the Airline First Class Lounge -   would not be very impressive to the guests to be tearing out and installing in a peaceful location.    Or shall I say it would be like installing a kitchen during a dinner party you are hosting at home. 

Having said that -  When they were installing the Luminae Restaurants on M-Class Ship which were carved out of the MDR, they blocked off the area and worked around dining hours.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would think that they would have to install plumbing, electrical and water.   Next the location where it is to be install in directly in the area of the bathrooms and a prominent location in the lounge.  

Think of the room like the Airline First Class Lounge -   would not be very impressive to the guests to be tearing out and installing in a peaceful location.    Or shall I say it would be like installing a kitchen during a dinner party you are hosting at home. 

Having said that -  When they were installing the Luminae Restaurants on M-Class Ship which were carved out of the MDR, they blocked off the area and worked around dining hours.  

After almost 40 years in commercial construction, it wouldn’t be that hard to do 

working after hours would be one thing 

also you don’t know if the electrical and plumbing wasrough in wasn’t already done during the dry dock 

• Like 1

A little observation from Retreat lounge 4 different evenings I have ordered Belvedere and diet tonic and each time have received gin!! I know by the smell and don’t like gin.

Hoping tonight will be better but we are here till Sydney so there is hope.

Edited by emmas gran

3 hours ago, emmas gran said:

A little observation from Retreat lounge 4 different evenings I have ordered Belvedere and diet tonic and each time have received gin!! I know by the smell and don’t like gin.

Hoping tonight will be better but we are here till Sydney so there is hope.

Sorry to hear.   I would speak with one of the Host -   I don't drink and once received a Gin and Tonic instead of Sparkling Water.     The bartender profusely apologized and it never happened again.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:14 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Probably well gin as well since it's being poured in the back.

You can tell the difference, at least I can…well vs the good stuff.  I prefer Hendricks when drinking gin on a cruise. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MandL said:

The ship went in to dry dock for its required inspections.  It wasn’t placed in to dry dock for updates or remodeling.  

Technically correct but they also painted the exterior and removed all the rust, rebuilt the engines and Azipods and by the looks of things sanded and painted the railings.

It has also been reported the replaced some of the carpet in the public areas and gave her a major clean up.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:58 AM, PTC DAWG said:

You can tell the difference, at least I can…well vs the good stuff.  I prefer Hendricks when drinking gin on a cruise. 

Hendricks and diet tonic with a twist.  Very refreshing.