Queen Anne

Minnie29

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

I thought I saw a hot tub on the forward deck in the video of the ship arriving in Southampton, and it seems that the model has it (from Dom and Tom's review) and it looks like an open terrace area

Is this properly accessible (seems like Deck 5 according to ship plans, and it's only by two standard QGs). The model shows two doors lined up with the end of the main corridor.

Looks a cool place to sitimage.png.4db48850990f9afc840f56fe506658f3.pngimage.png.1c0b9dd8a41615ebe9b30fded80565c8.png

This a Crew area indeed.

Was looking at future cruises and surprised by the availability for the QA as my next is not until nextt year in Grills.  Did a quick check, found of the 70 sold out cruises listed on the Cunard website only 4 QA voyages are sold out. I thought a new ship would be sold out or is it the itineraries are the "usual" European cruises and just less popular?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_london said:

Was looking at future cruises and surprised by the availability for the QA as my next is not until nextt year in Grills.  Did a quick check, found of the 70 sold out cruises listed on the Cunard website only 4 QA voyages are sold out. I thought a new ship would be sold out or is it the itineraries are the "usual" European cruises and just less popular?

50% bigger than QE and QV  (though not sure of ratios in Grills)

How is the pricing? Is that comparable between ships?

Lots of sold out cruises overall though..

Judging by the number of crew and contractors traipsing past my stateroom stinking of smoke, that outdoor area is accessible by deck 4. They weren’t always great at shutting the door behind them and consequently the corridor often smelt strongly of smoke. Even woke up to it in our stateroom last night at about 4am. Yes, I did complain. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2024 at 2:23 AM, buchanan101 said:

A 10 min review. Though looks like Cunard issue video with 3rd party commentary

Thank you for posting this. QA looks and feels like a celebrity/Princess product in this video.  I’m glad that Cunard built a different ship to enter that market.  I hope they do well. 
However for me, that’s not why I choose Cunard so I’ll be continuing to monitor the feel, ambiance & clientele the QA attracts.  I have 21 days booked on QA in 2026 but am looking at alternatives on the other queens as a back up. 

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I am not sure if my question is already answered- well here it is anyway- the littel Specialities in the Carintha Lounge still free as on board QM2?

Yes, charges are only for beverages.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 2:39 PM, buchanan101 said:

50% bigger than QE and QV  (though not sure of ratios in Grills)

How is the pricing? Is that comparable between ships?

Lots of sold out cruises overall though..

I’ve been keeping an eye on the 2026 world voyages and they certainly are more expensive, £27,000 in fact😳! (QG)

52 minutes ago, Wonky said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on the 2026 world voyages and they certainly are more expensive, £27,000 in fact😳! (QG)

For a full World Cruise? That doesn’t seem bad at all £54k for a WC; £7k+ for a week is typical. 

12 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

For a full World Cruise? That doesn’t seem bad at all £54k for a WC; £7k+ for a week is typical. 

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear at all, QA is £27,000 more than QM2 for world voyage of same length.

Just now, Wonky said:

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear at all, QA is £27,000 more than QM2 for world voyage of same length.

Ah ok! I’d rather do it in QM2 I think! 

same number of days as QM2 can go faster? 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 2:53 AM, Germancruiser said:

I am not sure if my question is already answered- well here it is anyway- the littel Specialities in the Carintha Lounge still free as on board QM2?

On 5/11/2024 at 9:02 AM, Bell Boy said:

Yes, charges are only for beverages.

I'm afraid not Bell Boy. It appears that while the food is free in the daytime there is a charge in the evenings! The cheese was $2.50 for a portion equivalent to canapes for 2. The oysters were $2.50 each.

Perhaps part of the reason there are no free canapes in the Commodore Club, if they're charging for them elsewhere.

• Like 1

I have read everything posted here about the QA (and hope I didn't miss anything) and watched several videos on that well-known site but I would like to ask two questions.

Regarding the bathtubs in QG, they do not appear to be whirlpool tubs as on the other ships.  Have I missed seeing the jets in the pictures?

Are there real computers that passengers can use?  I am not going to haul my laptop around and sending e-mails on my small tablet is too difficult.   Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Like 1

We haven’t got a whirlpool bath but we have the most amazing shower set up but not sure if it’s the same across all QG cabins.

Same for the hair dryer. Ours is a Dyson which as a brand, is far superior to mine at home. Whether it’s better than mine for the very significant extra cost, jury is out after just one trial but as a cabin hair dryer, it’s fabulous.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

I have read everything posted here about the QA (and hope I didn't miss anything) and watched several videos on that well-known site but I would like to ask two questions.

Regarding the bathtubs in QG, they do not appear to be whirlpool tubs as on the other ships.  Have I missed seeing the jets in the pictures?

Are there real computers that passengers can use?  I am not going to haul my laptop around and sending e-mails on my small tablet is too difficult.   Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I may have missed them, but so far I haven't seen computers for guest use. There are 2 nice looking desks in the library, but no computers on them.

1 hour ago, safarigal said:

I may have missed them, but so far I haven't seen computers for guest use. There are 2 nice looking desks in the library, but no computers on them.

I think I’ve seen some somewhere, but I can’t think where. The Reading Room perhaps.

1 hour ago, wetterthanwater said:

Given the bathrooms are identical to those on the HA Pinnacle ships, they need to keep on top of the grouting on the plastic tiles. It looked awful on Koningsdam. 

From what I've seen on VLogs the tiles don't *look* plastic; many comments about the quality of tiles

Just read a very negative review on CC by someone who is currently on QA. I have mixed feelings about boarding in July but will try to go with an open mind and embrace the difference.  I hope some others from the maiden and current voyage will post reviews/impressions.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Just read a very negative review on CC by someone who is currently on QA. I have mixed feelings about boarding in July but will try to go with an open mind and embrace the difference.  I hope some others from the maiden and current voyage will post reviews/impressions.

I've not seen anything but positive comments on the boards

I have no mixed feelings for June - looking forward very much to it

where are these reviews as there isn't any section for Queen Anne yet?

Edited by buchanan101

2 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

The thing is you could ask 20 different people and get 20 different reviews. I had my first "cruise" on QM2 at the weekend, and on QV in January. I much preferred the feel of QV, however slaughtered I might get for saying that. 

There are lots of ‘Cunarders’ who prefer QV - I like her Queens Room and Commodore Club but prefer QM2 overall, especially the Chart Room and Golden Lion and of course the promenade deck.  I am not liking the look of the Queens Room or the promenade deck on QA but will reserve judgement on the rest and hoping for the best.