Main Dining Room

Miss Studio

I am wondering if Celebrity offers tables for two, in the main dining room for dinner?  Is there someone that I can email ahead of time to request this, if it is even possible?  Would trying to switch to Anytime Dining be a better option to get a table for two?  (There's currently a waitlist).  Any insight is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Miss Studio said:

I am wondering if Celebrity offers tables for two, in the main dining room for dinner?  Is there someone that I can email ahead of time to request this, if it is even possible?  Would trying to switch to Anytime Dining be a better option to get a table for two?  (There's currently a waitlist).  Any insight is appreciated.

Give this Email address a try; celebritydining@celebrity.com

• Thanks 1

As was said before, as soon as you board just queue up for the maitre d'.

There will be a long line.

I have always booked anytime dining on Celebrity so I don't know if they put the table location on the room key.  If they do you might be able to find the table yourself and see if it is already a 2-top without waiting in the looong line

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

If they do you might be able to find the table yourself and see if it is already a 2-top

That would mess the system up, as tables are assigned as you go in. 
There were plenty of 2 top when we sailed 30/09/23 and I asked for one not too far away, as my husband was recovering from hip replacement surgery.

49 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

There were plenty of 2 top when we sailed 30/09/23 and I asked for one not too far away, as my husband was recovering from hip replacement surgery.

Many cruise lines preassign dining tables for fixed time diners before you even board the ship.

I assumed Celebrity did that.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:03 PM, Miss Studio said:

That's all we have been seated at for the last dozen or so cruises post Covid. I know you can request a larger table to dine with others but I'm not sure they are forcing it yet. To be fair, we have only had Select dining so we haven't been assigned a permanent table for any cruise. On our last Royal cruise, we were seated at a table for 8 so I know they are still grouping others together.

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Anyone with early or late dining (on an M or S class ship) should find a card with a table number in their cabin as they work out fixed dining table assignments before you get on the ship.  So I don't see how it would mess anything up to go to your stateroom, find the card, and then walk into the MDR and find your table number.

Edited by prmssk
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 5:39 AM, ela123 said:

We only ever have a table for 2. You can see the maitre D when you get on board and ask for select dining or you can stick with your assigned time and ask for a table for 2. 

On boarding day you can also ask the maitre d if you can walk through the dinning room to see the tables. Note the table numbers you like and when you walk to the select dining no reservation podium at dinner time, tell them what tables you’d like and they will give you a pager and call you when the table is ready. If you are patient, you will get the table you want. Works every time for us. 

It also depends on which ship you are referring to. The Edge class has four "main dining rooms".

I am a solo sailor. In my experience (post COVID), they do not do sharing tables. Millennium, Feb. 2023, I sat by myself every night. They claim people want to sit with just their family and don't want shared tables anymore. Same thing for Edge, 2022.

One of the reasons I have never minded sailing alone was knowing that I would be seated with others at dinner. It gives an entirely different experience when you aren't. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 4:03 PM, Miss Studio said:

Try asking your agent or X Rep.  When we did book early or late dining the tables were assigned prior to boarding;  a card was in our room with the table #.  Then we'd go to the MDR and check the table location as soon as possible.  If we thought we'd prefer another two top, we'd ask the maitre d' what was available and could we be relocated.  I think we were asked at the time of booking did we prefer table for two or open table for 4, 6, or 8 as we were always assigned a two top.  One time we asked our rep to request a two top under the MDR wine tower (S Class) which has those tables spread out better and more private...I think there's only 4 of them.  Request was honoured.

Now we book Anytime Dining and yes, those tables are given as you arrive to the dining room;  generally that's your table for the cruise if you dine approx. at the same time each night.  We only ask to be relocated if the table is not suitable;    Some would arrive just before the dining room opens and ask for a window two top.  And yes all 2 tops are very close together in most cases.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:06 PM, SbbquilterUT said:

Plenty of two tops but understand they are only a few inches apart. 

Yes, this is common. You sit closer to the person next to you than the person you are dining with. You might as well enjoy the company of others at a larger table. LOL

5 hours ago, Giraffes said:

It also depends on which ship you are referring to. The Edge class has four "main dining rooms".

I am a solo sailor. In my experience (post COVID), they do not do sharing tables. Millennium, Feb. 2023, I sat by myself every night. They claim people want to sit with just their family and don't want shared tables anymore. Same thing for Edge, 2022.

One of the reasons I have never minded sailing alone was knowing that I would be seated with others at dinner. It gives an entirely different experience when you aren't. 

some tbls for 2 are in a long row esp on E class..  folks to either side may be  friendly or  one can try to buddy up on a roll call..

• Like 1

We prefer two tops. Some have been more private than others due to the location. We don't mind if the two tops are close to others. Still better than shared tables. We come and go as we please. We order when we are ready and eat at our pace. We engage in conversation with others if we want or if they want to. On our 8 October Eclipse cruise we had a two top. Hated the location (didn't even sit at it) and the MD couldn't get us another two top(?) for TD early. So we told him a shared table in a good location would be fine. We ended up at a table for 6 in a great location with two other couples. We were all on the same page. Arrive on time so we all could order at the same time. Worked out great. We were all about the same age and it was a fun table. Sometimes the last to leave the MDR as we were having too much fun talking and laughing. But still will always go for two tops. 

• Like 2