Where is the best place to see the sunset/sunrise?

Jayhoaps

Hello everyone, I am boarding Ruby Princess this Monday, and I am really excited.

Just wondering, where is the best place to see the sunset/sunrise on the ship? Is it the back of the ship AFT, Front of the ship FWD? or Mid ship?

Any info or insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Time. 

14 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, I am boarding Ruby Princess this Monday, am really excited.

Just wondering, where is the best place to see the sunset/sunrise on the ship? Is it the back of the ship AFT, Front of the ship FWD? or Mid ship?

Your excitement for your first Princess cruise is great!  We like midship and I have taken some incredible pics and videos right at sunset.  Try a few locations and then you will have a favorite too.  Have a blast and maybe come back and share with us what you enjoyed the most about cruising.  

• Like 1

Pretty much all of the above if you can find a quiet area.  I am partial to watching it from my balcony you usually get one or the other during the day.  Watching the sunrise while sipping a hot coffee or sipping a glass of wine and watching the sunset.  I like the running track up on star deck aft on the ruby/emerald class ships.

Also the moon can be beautiful over the water, remember looking out one night from our balcony at the moon over the water while two other ships were sailing abeam of us on the same course in that direction.

Edited by mrell345
  • Like 2

What a great question and brings back a great feel good memory. 

I like being at the front of the ship when leaving a port.  Once enjoyed a really great sunset while leaving Ensenada.  A perfect day and not too windy.  It seemed like everyone at the front was very quiet just waiting for it to fully set and once just under the horizon, there were plenty of people commenting on how beautiful it was. It was a nice moment.  I have also enjoyed sunsets while on the balcony with a glass of wine and just the sound of the waves. 

Where ever it is, I'm sure you will find it! 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, I am boarding Ruby Princess this Monday, and I am really excited.

It depends on where the sun is.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

Your excitement for your first Princess cruise is great!  We like midship and I have taken some incredible pics and videos right at sunset.  Try a few locations and then you will have a favorite too.  Have a blast and maybe come back and share with us what you enjoyed the most about cruising.  

Thanks so much I appreciate it,

I shall enjoy my time and report back! hehe. 

• Like 1

Like it was said. It all depends on the on where the sun will be rising or setting. I have waited many an hour waiting for the right shot. If you are going to be on deck for the occasion. Always have your camera. As if you think Oh, nice sun set and have to run back to your cabin for your camera, by the time you get back, it is gone. 

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

• Like 3

One thing I’ve learned is that just because you miss the sun setting into the horizon, doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve missed seeing an awesome sunset. On occasion you may get lucky if you time it right. As far as taking the picture goes, the device plays an important role as well. I know, who knew! 😂

These photos of a Japanese sunset were taken in order this past July. The first, second and fourth shots were using my iPhone SE. The third one was using my iPad.

IMG_5564.jpeg.c5213d161ce83ca8371747c0d4ad3ffc.jpeg

IMG_5565.thumb.jpeg.c76357dc5a9db30b16806d7285a922f6.jpeg

IMG_5567.thumb.jpeg.c253b48c38677fc994cdd30105f0c6ea.jpeg

On this last one, well after the sun had gone down, these colors lasted for about 2-3 minutes, and then they were gone.

IMG_5568.jpeg.f5d07a513d87e79ca36fdcea84404df0.jpeg

• Like 2