couple questions about X

Illbcruzn4life

It's been a long time since we have cruised on X so we might as well be newbies.

Looking at maybe booking a cruise for next year. Are they really that strict that you can't wear shorts into the theater? I can understand the dining room

Also if you are diamond with Royal does that give you any kind of benefit on Celebrity?

I've NEVER heard of any restrictions of dress in the theater. Not sure where you heard or saw that.

Make sure that X are aware of your C&A status to get a matched Elite level. You will start at zero for obtaining points, but you will be recognized at that level. See the link given above for more details.

AT NIGHT

SMART CASUAL 

Smart Casual attire is required for entry to main dining, specialty dining, and the Celebrity Theatre. Smart Casual means you look comfortable yet tasteful in a dress, skirt, long pants, or jean, and stylish top or button-down. Shorts and flip flops are not considered Smart Casual. 

EVENING CHIC

Each itinerary features one to two “formal” nights we call Evening Chic. Evening Chic means you dress to impress, glamorous and sophisticated in your own way, with a cocktail dress, skirt, slacks, or designer jean, an elegant dress top or blazer—some guests even pack a tuxedo or gown for onboard photos. The Daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening. If you do not wish to participate in Evening Chic, Smart Casual attire is acceptable for dining and theater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, doghog said:

Probably on Celebrity's website. 

and past issues of  "Celebrity today... "

when X was an upscale cruise line, mgmnt  asked guests to remain in the night's  suggested attire in all  public areas.. but not the buffet or pools!

now that X is  a lower end clone.. some folks change after dinner b/ c they  can!..

as stated above:

Smart Casual attire is required for entry to main dining, specialty dining, and the Celebrity Theatre. Smart Casual means you look comfortable yet tasteful in a dress, skirt, long pants, or jean, and stylish top or button-down. Shorts and flip flops are not considered Smart Casual. 

If you do not wish to participate in Evening Chic, Smart Casual attire is acceptable for dining and theater.

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

and past issues of  "Celebrity today... "

when X was an upscale cruise line, mgmnt  asked guests to remain in the night's  suggested attire in all  public areas.. but not the buffet or pools!

now that X is  a lower end clone.. some folks change after dinner b/ c they  can!..

as stated above:

Smart Casual attire is required for entry to main dining, specialty dining, and the Celebrity Theatre. Smart Casual means you look comfortable yet tasteful in a dress, skirt, long pants, or jean, and stylish top or button-down. Shorts and flip flops are not considered Smart Casual. 

If you do not wish to participate in Evening Chic, Smart Casual attire is acceptable for dining and theater.

That's why I said, "Probably on Celebrity's website". IMO, Celebrity's suggested guidelines posted on their website are very clear. 

2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Dress codes on Celebrity are rarely enforced anywhere. I've seen people wearing shorts in the dining room even on "chic" nights.

Based only what I saw in the morning for breakfast in the MDR, the MD and host told dudes that were in front of us entering the MDR for breakfast to remove their hats on our 8 October Eclipse cruise. Assuming (didn't pay attention) they were just as strict in the evening no matter what someone was wearing. 

My last few cruises on Celebrity I have seen  virtually every level of casual, sport, athletic, and, well anything  except bathing suits and bathing suit cover ups. There is no ship's authority or security posted at the theater doors sending folks away because their attire does not meet written standards. 

7 hours ago, Guindalf said:

I've NEVER heard of any restrictions of dress in the theater. Not sure where you heard or saw that.

Make sure that X are aware of your C&A status to get a matched Elite level. You will start at zero for obtaining points, but you will be recognized at that level. See the link given above for more details.

Used to be, back in formal days. I distinctly remember my son being refused admission because after dinner he changed into gym shoes!  Thank goodness things have loosened up ( although too much IMHO but that’s a discussion for another thread). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guindalf said:

The “rules” including no shorts etc are published on every cruise. I asked on our recent Transatlantic on Reflection why they weren’t enforced  and was told it was “to avoid confrontation”. 
Which begs the question if you aren’t going to enforce them why have them?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guindalf said:

post 6 posted what I've read on X's website!