TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

2 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Just to clarify, the pictures that Lois just posted are of the Chef's Table dinner experience which is held in the SALT Lab. SALT Lab is where the cooking classes are held and is on Deck 10 on the Nova.

By way of contrast, pics of the Dawn that we've seen seem to separate the lab from the restaurant.  We noted no place to sit and eat in the circular lab area.  Yes?   No?

Just now, canderson said:

By way of contrast, pics of the Dawn that we've seen seem to separate the lab from the restaurant.  We noted no place to sit and eat in the circular lab area.  Yes?   No?

On the Dawn Salt Lab for cooking classes, there is no place to sit. On the Nova, the Salt Lab is used for cooking classes (free) and expensive dinner in the evenings. I am sure the Ray will be the same and the same dress code.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Hi Terry- $180 per person!

At $180 pp they would have to be serving me gold bricks on a plate.  DH is very much a foodie, but a side order of MickyD's French fries and I am full.  Wish that weren't the case.  😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

The SALT Lab is separate from the SALT Kitchen restaurant.  I've not yet sailed on the Dawn, but the SALT Lab on the Nova looks totally different from the pictures that I've seen of the SALT Lab on the Dawn. It's a more enhanced decor, with a wall of windows and seating (counter stools) for use during the Chef's Table. 

Here are some pictures from when the space is used for cooking classes.  The stools you see against the windows and in a side area will be pulled up to the counter for seating during the Chef's Table experience (and of course place settings, lighting, etc. will be more conducive to dining). 

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
Added pictures
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

At $180 pp they would have to be serving me gold bricks on a plate.  DH is very much a foodie, but a side order of MickyD's French fries and I am full.  Wish that weren't the case.  😕

Coins are so much more attractive!   Here's what it looks like before they hit it with the Béarnaise sauce. 😄

gold.jpg.41906d1fc95e41eb452d6170d5b99335.jpg

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

The SALT Lab is separate from the SALT Kitchen restaurant.  I've not yet sailed on the Dawn, but the SALT Lab on the Nova looks totally different from the pictures that I've seen of the SALT Lab on the Dawn. It's a more enhanced decor, with a wall of windows and seating (counter stools) for use during the Chef's Table. 

Here are some pictures from when the space is used for cooking classes.  The stools you see against the windows and in a side area will be pulled up to the counter for seating during the Chef's Table experience (and of course place settings, lighting, etc. will be more conducive to dining). 

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

Are those stools comfortable, and is there knee space? Hard to tell. At $180 I prefer chairs with arms.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Are those stools comfortable, and is there knee space? Hard to tell. At $180 I prefer chairs with arms.

I was very comfortable and there was plenty of space, for knees, legs, etc.

• Thanks 1

Good morning, even though I don't like what they have done to the Arts Cafe I seem to still be here most mornings. Not sure what that says about me or the ship lol.

• Like 2

Hi again, last night had dinner in Atlantide with 3 other folks. I had escargot which were yummy and grouper which was also delicious.

The show was a comdeian....she was quite funny but I can't remember her name......duh.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, both...fiction and non.

The selection is pretty up to date too.  They have Kate Morton's Homecoming which was only published a few months ago.  Also Salman Rushdie, Stephen King, and a shelf of unmarked books which likely were left by pax.  Much less emphasis on travel and animal life.

15 hours ago, canderson said:

Hi, Dawn and Nova are a totally different deck plan and even being almost a week into the cruise I am still adjusting to all the changes.

As for Salt Lab, Salt Bar and Salt Kitchen, I know more people can be in this bar but part of me misses the "speakeasy" atmosphere of the bar on Dawn. Not to say I don't enjoy this bar, I do. They are just very different. 

Seating in the lab area? You don't usually sit during the lab classes. You are standing in front of the counter with an induction station in front of you.

The space on the Nova is definitely larger than Dawn. They chose to make the venue much bigger on here.

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry,  yes you can request Bulgari products and they will bring them.

Appreciate these very helpful follow-ups from Lois, include also as to the SALT Lab cost and capacity "180.00 per person. 18 people max."    

Loving the various visuals and other details from this trans-Atlantic sailing.  Keep it coming!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Seating in the lab area? You don't usually sit during the lab classes. You are standing in front of the counter with an induction station in front of you.

Yes, understand the lab is standing.  What was new is that meals were served in the lab area on Nova, and I was trying to wrap my mind around that. 

Really appreciate all the updates.  Sounds like we may be happier in Muse class.  Looking forward to our Dawn TA soon!

58 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yes, understand the lab is standing.  What was new is that meals were served in the lab area on Nova, and I was trying to wrap my mind around that. 

Really appreciate all the updates.  Sounds like we may be happier in Muse class.  Looking forward to our Dawn TA soon!

The only meal served in the lab is The Chef's Table and there is plenty of space.

The Salt Kitchen Restaurant is down on deck 3 near Atlantide.

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The only meal served in the lab is The Chef's Table and there is plenty of space.  The Salt Kitchen Restaurant is down on deck 3 near Atlantide.

For Lois and other experienced Silversea veterans, am I understanding correctly that for now the Chef's Table is only offered as an extra-cost, evening dining "experience" on the new Nova?  Not on the Silver Moon, etc.?

25 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

For Lois and other experienced Silversea veterans, am I understanding correctly that for now the Chef's Table is only offered as an extra-cost, evening dining "experience" on the new Nova?  Not on the Silver Moon, etc.?

That is correct and I am sure the Ray will be the same.

26 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

That is correct; this is only on the Silver Nova. 

39 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Hi Terry, correct, it is only on NOVA

20 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Just to clarify, the pictures that Lois just posted are of the Chef's Table dinner experience which is held in the SALT Lab. SALT Lab is where the cooking classes are held and is on Deck 10 on the Nova. 

SALT Kitchen is one of the dining areas that does not require a reservation and there is no additional cost.  

So many variations of SALT! 🙂

I upstanding, Lois convinced me—we’ll be singing up for both cooking class and the extra cost dinner—-the food sounds great if not fabulous.

I am looking forward to the Chef’s table for our anniversary. I have a few questions:

-who or how do we sign up after embarkation?

- @Lois R would you be so kind as to enquire if the Chef’s table is wheelchair accessible and also if the cooking class are? (Only if you have time). 

thanks so much. 

43 minutes ago, JSR said:

I am looking forward to the Chef’s table for our anniversary. I have a few questions:

-who or how do we sign up after embarkation?

- @Lois R would you be so kind as to enquire if the Chef’s table is wheelchair accessible and also if the cooking class are? (Only if you have time). 

thanks so much. 

Hi, I will make the effort to find out for you.