Oasis of the Seas "New" Cats Review

Drock20J

54 minutes ago, uncwmark said:

CATS! was, in my opinion, the least enjoyable show I ever attempted to sit through on a cruise ship.  I gave up after 30 minutes.

o.k., you are entitled to your opinion but I'm afraid comments like yours tend to discourage others from even going.  Who knows, they may actually enjoy the show, marvel at the costumes and walk away with a positive catitude.

To those who haven't yet seen the show... give it a try.  For us, CATS is by far the best show on RCCL!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

o.k., you are entitled to your opinion but I'm afraid comments like yours tend to discourage others from even going.  Who knows, they may actually enjoy the show, marvel at the costumes and walk away with a positive catitude.

To those who haven't yet seen the show... give it a try.  For us, CATS is by far the best show on RCCL!  

I went in with an open mind…. and genuinely tried to give it a chance, but the story is nonexistent and based on the number of folks who left before I threw in the towel I clearly wasn’t alone in my opinion. I still contend a cruise ship is not the right audience for this show.

• Like 3

We were also on Oasis 10/22-29. We skipped CATS, as we had suffered through it previously on Oasis. We are theater people, our daughter did theater in high school and college. But that is one show I just cannot endure.  Not sure what ALW was smoking/ dropping when he wrote it. But to each their own.

Agree Aqua80 was fabulous! And Frozen in Time was cute, loved the ducks!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 2:13 PM, yogimax said:

Agree!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was on Med cruise 5 years ago and saw half of Cats and left at intermission along with about half the other guests in attendance.  We were falling asleep.  Cats needs to go and bring in another show.  Sorry for those who are fans.    

• Like 1

I saw Cats (a travelling production) when I was in HS.  Do I *LOVE* the show?  No.  Do I enjoy the staging, the costumes, and many of the songs?  Yes.

I don't understand the complaints about "no story line".  When we were on Mariner last year, I went to every stage show.  I don't think one of them had a story line.  The singing and dancing were OK.  I didn't walk on any of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter and I enjoyed Cats.  She made me sit up front but I think that makes a big difference.  The performers are right there and you have to pay attention being that close!

Precisely.  It's much better to sit close to the stage and see the amazing costumes and make up.  The show has now been shortened and there is no intermission.

Yes, there is a storyline.  It helps to google it before you go in.   This is unlike many of the shows written for RCCL where the story line is a complete mystery.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

The show has now been shortened and there is no intermission.

Spoke to someone who claimed they saw the new Cats, said no one walked out at intermission.  Now I know why.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kbonner said:

I saw CATS twice. First time in a theatre, I deeply slept in the 3rd act. Second time on board, I only dozed away slowly but steadfast ....

3rd act? Sure you weren’t just dozing off at the Schooner Bar for 3 hours? With enough hurricanes, cats start asking me if they are the jellicle choice, too. 

Does anyone find that kids enjoy the show? I'm not a fan although I don't have a huge distaste for it that some do- when I was a kid I had an ALW cassette with lots of the songs on so at least those are enjoyable to me in a nostalgic way. Even if the plot is gibberish.

Anyway my mum took us to London to see Cats when I was little and I remembered I LOVED it. We are sailing on Oasis with our 4yr old so I'm wondering if he'd enjoy it more than adults do. Anyone have any experiences taking little kids?