Capt Club email "something big is coming" Nov 6th

NutsAboutGolf

If you google "celebrity excel" cruises then "celebrity xcel" cruises and "celebrity vertex" cruises, only the EXCEL appears on the Marine Vessel Traffic website; the data like size and flag aren't yet populated.  Now hopefully they reveal something other than the name

image.thumb.png.fdb612bb7a1a52a0212a81a57c71e380.png 

The 5th Edge class ship appears to be named Xcel.  I pulled the deck plans from a cruise database website leveraged by many travel agencies.  Most of the public areas are greyed out with a "coming soon" designation, so there's not much to see besides the variation in staterooms.

I put all the photo exports in a pdf linked below.

Celebrity Xcel All Decks.pdf

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Based on what I can see, no.

Thanks

More non BUTLER suites...hope Luminae and Retreat areas ( in and out side)  are larger!  .

If we book, we'd stick with AQ Class or Coincierge  OR maybe just enjoy older ships for awhile?

• Like 2

I Can’t wait until the planations, or incorrect information comes out, along with the new cheaper pricing that includes nothing; however, maybe lots of VIP upgrades for a price!  Always a suite deal, so book  AAP, knowing that you will not get what you pect!  Just be happy that you cruise with all the new VIP’s!

Edited by Lastdance
I like the X logo!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Any idea where it will sail?

Timelines can change, this article states 2024:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/new-wrtsil-engine-enables-methanol-celebritys-fifth-edge-ship

"Celebrity Cruises' fifth Edge-class ship will sport a new Wärtsilä flex fuel engine with the ability to use three types of fuel, including methanol.  The vessel is planned for 2024 delivery from Chantiers de l'Atlantique"

17 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

That answers when, but the question was where.

There's some speculative buzz that it'll be Galveston which would utilize RCI's brand new terminal.  While X said a year ago they had no plans to sail out of TX, there have been a lot of changes from leadership to the general direction of the "new X" wanting more short itineraries and also adding CoCo Cay as a port of call.  As good as a guess as any I suppose

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It was reported by Dan‘s family vacations that this ship will have the most suites of any celebrity ship ever

We are Zenith and sail in RS and PS.  We have no intention of setting foot on an E-class ship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Timelines can change, this article states 2024:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/new-wrtsil-engine-enables-methanol-celebritys-fifth-edge-ship

"Celebrity Cruises' fifth Edge-class ship will sport a new Wärtsilä flex fuel engine with the ability to use three types of fuel, including methanol.  The vessel is planned for 2024 delivery from Chantiers de l'Atlantique"

It is likely to run only on DFM due to the lack of availability of all the fabulous green fuels.   Just adore the virtue signaling. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

It is likely to run only on DFM due to the lack of availability of all the fabulous green fuels.   Just adore the virtue signaling. 🤣

It's not just X and I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt but this seems to be the way of all shipping "We're CAPABLE of using greener fuel..."

• Haha 1