Is All The Pastry Free At Cafe Al Bacio?

Great 2 B at Sea

1 minute ago, Guindalf said:

Yes and yes.

The only extras you would pay for with the classic package are premium water like Evian and any alcohol drinks that exceed your limits.

2 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Yes and yes.

The only extras you would pay for with the classic package are premium water like Evian and any alcohol drinks that exceed your limits.

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Yes & yes.

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Yes & yes.

Thank you so very much!

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

macaroons

Haven’t seen those on the last two cruises Eclipse and Silhouette (September and October)… I love them, so was slightly disappointed when I couldn’t find them. 

49 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Oh NO!  Hopefully they will return ASAP!

The Apex had them this past July;both all chocolate and the standard coconut/almond(Isn't there also ones with chocolate chips?) The photo isn't too sharp but you'll get the idea.

PXL_20230718_184139797.MP.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

@Georgia_Peaches Agree 100% on the lemon tarts. 
Also if you are there in the morning hours keep an eye out for the almond croissants and pistachio rolls.  We love both of those. 

Love those lemon tarts. Take a few to my balcony for a mid afternoon snack

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am posting from the Edge and am happy to report that both chocolate and vanilla macaroons have been available (not at the same time).  Not a fan of the lemon tarts but they seem to be available.

Please save your share of the lemon tarts for me.😁

• Like 1

Always wondered why the pastries and deserts in CAB are delicious but the ones in the OVC buffet are not very good at all.  Seems like the pastry chef should be the same?  Anyway we pass up the OVC and go directly to CAB for any sweets.

• Like 4

My experience has been that coffee drinks containing 'premium' alcohol (such as Bailey's) will have an upcharge - depending on the server and your frequency in the space 😉.  Classic Pkg has an upper limit (mine was $10, but it may have gone up over the summer?) and some of the drinks were over that by a dollar or two.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Always wondered why the pastries and deserts in CAB are delicious but the ones in the OVC buffet are not very good at all.  Seems like the pastry chef should be the same?  Anyway we pass up the OVC and go directly to CAB for any sweets.

Not just better than OVC but better than MDR often!  Sometimes we’re too full after dinner and delay dessert until later in the evening at Cafe al Bacio.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Not just better than OVC but better than MDR often!  Sometimes we’re too full after dinner and delay dessert until later in the evening at Cafe al Bacio.

I rarely get dessert at MDR prefer something small from El Bacio

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I rarely get dessert at MDR prefer something small from El Bacio

Same. We would finish our entrees in the MDR and then head to Bacio for coffee and dessert, people watch, relax, until time to go to whatever the late show is in the theater. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Could be similar to what we found out on Symphony, with a donut shop and a buffet.  Our assistant waiter worked in the donut shop area and told us they made the donuts for the buffet all through the night and the ones for the local shop last.  When we went there he would go in the back room and bring out fresh hot donuts for us even when there were some in the display area.  Buffet needs large quantities and it takes a while to produce and deliver them.