Black Friday

I was looking at the topic on CC, mostly US comments!

speciality restaurants on RCL at 12.99 US sale.   Just looked at my Feb cruise on brilliance.   Dinners are about $100 pp.

we really don’t get treated very well.

Eileen

14 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Isn't Black Friday still a fortnight away?

I wonder if we'll see any cruise deals here in Australia (and New Zealand).

Yes, and Yes. I don't expect a huge fare drop, but the usual load of an onboard freeby, extra OBC, reduced deposits on cruises from March to next Christmas - and reduced package prices for some (wow, Chops is now only $99 sort of stuff).

Carnival's current VIP offer expires on 13th November, their general offer on 20th November. I expect there will be better sweeteners over the Black Friday weekend.

Some retailers have extended this out to nearly all of November, starting with click frenzy & ending with cyber Monday. Times are starting to bite for many, so expect plenty of deals.

When the 5% were invited to join the cruising 95%, it was expected that they would sell out the cruises this summer. It hasn't happened in the main, and some of the 95% are now less reluctant to cruise without protocols.

Funny world. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisers47 said:

I was looking at the topic on CC, mostly US comments!

speciality restaurants on RCL at 12.99 US sale.   Just looked at my Feb cruise on brilliance.   Dinners are about $100 pp.

we really don’t get treated very well.

Eileen

I think in the American culture, it’s like feeding burley to the sharks and they just get into a frenzy and bight at anything.

You could sell them a harbour bridge if you want.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think in the American culture, it’s like feeding burley to the sharks and they just get into a frenzy and bight at anything.

You could sell them a harbour bridge if you want.

Hahaha, afterall they bought London Bridge, speculation at the time was that they thought they were buying Tower Bridge 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Don’t get too greedy,  we are talking $U.S. ,hard currency .

Not Australian Peso and we definitely don’t want Kiwi Ruble 

Our Kiwi rubles may not buy much but they're very colorful and I'm sure coin collectors somewhere might want one or two 😊

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Isn't Black Friday still a fortnight away?

I wonder if we'll see any cruise deals here in Australia (and New Zealand).

Already happening picked up Lunch at Chops $33AUD and Jamies $27aud, on QOS end of Jan24. Look closely at the Planner, yes there are some of Royals duds but also some gems😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Back on Nov 7 I received an offer from a mob that deals in trips for a fly/cruise package taking in Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, UK and Netherlands.   Price AUD7999  ("normally" $9599). Today I checked the same deal and it is now AUD9999! With a $150 "Cyber Deal" discount. Go figure.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Back on Nov 7 I received an offer from a mob that deals in trips for a fly/cruise package taking in Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, UK and Netherlands.   Price AUD7999  ("normally" $9599). Today I checked the same deal and it is now AUD9999! With a $150 "Cyber Deal" discount. Go figure.

More eyes looking this weekend, so many are relying on a promotion as a hook instead of a real deal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

More eyes looking this weekend, so many are relying on a promotion as a hook instead of a real deal.

The first couple of weeks of December used to be fruitful.

Thats when RC used to give a $1,000 OBC but I think those days are gone.

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The first couple of weeks of December used to be fruitful.

Thats when RC used to give a $1,000 OBC but I think those days are gone.

Give me a $500 discount vs a $1000 OBC any day. Those days look to be gone too.

• Like 1

I finally scored a real Black Friday deal on Cyber Monday. Alas, no ship deals to suit.

30% off the usual rate at North Sydney View, which is a bonus now we have decided to spend Christmas Night in Sydney for our Boxing Day cruise.

• Like 3

I managed to lop $1700 off my October Diamond Princess cruise this morning with Princess Black Friday upgrade from a balcony to Mini.  BF to ME.  Haven't as yet been able to specify a cabin but have asked.  Want a covered one if possible (the original booking had one) but with that saving I will take what they give me.

I swear that the specials did not come out till Friday because I was checking and only the Landmark sale was showing for Melbourne.  Happy Little Vegemite.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but I got an email this afternoon from Princess giving us $25 per cabin OBC on our 8th Jan cruise because of the rule changes (read room service and charging for Alfredos etc) last December.  We had booked in October 2022, a standard fare prior to the changes,  That will give us one pizza from Alfredos or pay for some room service which was previously free.  14 night voyage!  

We didn't get anything for the voyage just completed so there must have been complaints.

31 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I managed to lop $1700 off my October Diamond Princess cruise this morning with Princess Black Friday upgrade from a balcony to Mini.  BF to ME.  Haven't as yet been able to specify a cabin but have asked.  Want a covered one if possible (the original booking had one) but with that saving I will take what they give me.

I swear that the specials did not come out till Friday because I was checking and only the Landmark sale was showing for Melbourne.  Happy Little Vegemite.

Well Done!  Enjoy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Another happy Little Vegemite here. Thanks to the post from @Ondine I had another look at the Princess Black Friday promo. Contacted my PVP and upgraded my Dec 2024 cruise from balcony to mini-suite (DC to MC) with a net saving of $200 😀

I agree that the specials came out very late (I kept checking too) and the conditions and explanations were very confusing.

• Like 1

For ours, the price has come down as well - sort of.

At face value, we can change from a selected mini to a mini guarantee, save around $300 and also lose $200 OBC. If we wanted to rebook with a chosen cabin, the fare is more expensive and we would also lose the OBC.

Here is the rub though - mini guarantee, standard fare shows as:

Capture_82.thumb.jpg.fcfb1765ce78afc9cb3a8e48535cf173.jpg

When instigating a booking, it changes to this - same standard mini guarantee. $4400 to $5200 just from a click is showing something wrong.

Capture_83.jpg.28026d85d96cc553ef7bff46ace28bac.jpg