LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

14 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We typically stay at the Riverside on Los Olas before our ft. Lauderdale cruises- How was the Hyatt Centric?  Good location?

We have not stayed there as of yet. Not until February but,@Georgia_Peaches is staying there this week before Ascent. Hopefully she can share her thoughts.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary!   We are booked on the Ascent the end of January, our first E class sailing. I can assure you many of the crew are experienced with Celebrity and have previously been on E class ships. In fact, we’re booked on this sailing primarily to catch up with some of them. Have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We typically stay at the Riverside on Los Olas before our ft. Lauderdale cruises- How was the Hyatt Centric?  Good location?

Do the rooms have carpeting?  I was thinking of trying it for my upcoming cruise, but I cannot stay in a hotel with carpet in the rooms due to my allergies.  

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Do the rooms have carpeting?  I was thinking of trying it for my upcoming cruise, but I cannot stay in a hotel with carpet in the rooms due to my allergies.  

I believe so.  But call to ask- may have special rooms.  The ship cabins have carpeting- not only in cabins, but in most public spaces.  How do you handle?

18 hours ago, hcat said:

another thought... so when multiple people on CC  mention  or link to a u tube video , as sometimes happens, they are enhancing that person's potential profits if people link to it? 

For awhile there was the same one over and over...hmmm!?

Posting a celebrity video on CC's Celebrity sub-forum would result in 100 views at best, they would get virtually nothing but it is about exposure.  Most cruise YouTubers do sail on the big 3 as they'll get more views.  Some of the larger YouTubers even get free cruises fare but that doesn't provide airfare.  So the Youtuber will try and spin that into saying "It isn't really free because I had to drop $6000 on a pair of business class airfare as my wife and I can't fly in coach across the pond".  They're still going to provide a mostly positive review in hopes they get future free cruises

Kids these days want to be influencers, and basically have no real job other than videotaping your life.  Can we blame them nowadays?

image.thumb.png.00cc34a7a4112c44ab477fc965681682.png

• Like 1

Georgia_ Peaches~ thank you for taking us along & Happy Anniversary to you & your husband! No better way to celebrate than on a cruise!!  Will be watching your sail away tomorrow on the Webcam

. 🎉🥂🎉🥂

As you walk through the Oceanview Cafe, I would appreciate it if you can let me know if they have expanded the outside sitting area and setup of the tables out there. When we were on the Beyond last November, the area was not very large and the tables were set up communal style. We are spoiled with the outside area on the  Reflection, which we sail on again this Saturday!!

We are booked to sail on the Ascent next Nov. and the following April. That is of  course if my DH can deal with the Infinite Veranda this upcoming summer on the Beyond. We were fortunate to get a sunset veranda last year. Unfortunately the prices have gone up quite a bit and they are hardly available. July of 24 on the Beyond will be our first in an Infinite Veranda & the test. 🤞🤞

In the meantime enjoy your evening in Ft Lauderdale & an exciting embarkation day!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Depends on the room. Pictures of the second floor suite with balcony overlooking Los Olas...

The kitchen comes in handy as does having a separate bedroom. I prefer the east side of RT. 1 which is where the Riverside is located. 

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8288.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

Edited by billc23
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Posting a celebrity video on CC's Celebrity sub-forum would result in 100 views at best, they would get virtually nothing but it is about exposure.  Most cruise YouTubers do sail on the big 3 as they'll get more views.  Some of the larger YouTubers even get free cruises fare but that doesn't provide airfare.  So the Youtuber will try and spin that into saying "It isn't really free because I had to drop $6000 on a pair of business class airfare as my wife and I can't fly in coach across the pond".  They're still going to provide a mostly positive review in hopes they get future free cruises

Kids these days want to be influencers, and basically have no real job other than videotaping your life.  Can we blame them nowadays?

image.thumb.png.00cc34a7a4112c44ab477fc965681682.png

This has been an eye opener for me!

That boy/teen Ryan on U tube must be a gazillionaire by now..every kid watched his  " adventures"   The last gen had kids who wanted to make it big in music as djs..and then as  producers.  How many really hit it big!

When we first cruised, we relied on our Trvl agent for advice and ship info..Now that we are pretty familiar with most of the X  ships (some only  pre reno) we do our own research.

In my view, anyone who receives perks or cruises in exchange for a  positive review would be possibly non- objective, thus a  less valuable resource.

NOW..Back to the main review.!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

you walk through the Oceanview Cafe, I would appreciate it if you can let me know if they have expanded the outside sitting area and setup of the tables out there. When we were on the Beyond last November, the area was not very large and the tables were set up communal style. We are spoiled with the outside area on the  Reflection, which we sail on again this Saturday!!

Will definitely check it out and report back!

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

OK I think the response you got showed pics of Riverside?

We did Hyatt Centric in April & LOVED it.

We had no need to leave the property with a lovely bar--chatted up the bartenders, had a good meal & drinks.

I have Riverside booked this July...Centric is MUCH more modern than the pics above. But less character also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KKB said:

OK I think the response you got showed pics of Riverside?

I have Riverside booked this July...Centric is MUCH more modern than the pics above. But less character also.

My response was to a question regarding carpet at the Riverside. If you stay in the tower section it is much more modern. I prefer the older section and they will be redoing it soon, hopefully without loosing its charm.

6 minutes ago, billc23 said:

My response was to a question regarding carpet at the Riverside. If you stay in the tower section it is much more modern. I prefer the older section and they will be redoing it soon, hopefully without loosing its charm.

Thx for this!

Having not stayed there I didn’t know what to expect—I know it is popular by many here.

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

No carpet in the guest rooms at Hyatt Centric, which has friendly staff, and a nice restaurant with good service.  The guest floor hallways do have low pile carpet.  The lobby does not have carpet.  The Riverside guest rooms and public spaces are in need of a refresh, and the HVAC has seemed uneven, even if the classic furniture and brown wood look are retained.   The analogy is probably the Riverside is like the older Celebrity ships, yet older, and the Hyatt Centric is like the Edge Class or any modern hotel.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Georgia_ Peaches~ thank you for taking us along & Happy Anniversary to you & your husband! No better way to celebrate than on a cruise!!  Will be watching your sail away tomorrow on the Webcam

. 🎉🥂🎉🥂

As you walk through the Oceanview Cafe, I would appreciate it if you can let me know if they have expanded the outside sitting area and setup of the tables out there. When we were on the Beyond last November, the area was not very large and the tables were set up communal style. We are spoiled with the outside area on the  Reflection, which we sail on again this Saturday!!

We are booked to sail on the Ascent next Nov. and the following April. That is of  course if my DH can deal with the Infinite Veranda this upcoming summer on the Beyond. We were fortunate to get a sunset veranda last year. Unfortunately the prices have gone up quite a bit and they are hardly available. July of 24 on the Beyond will be our first in an Infinite Veranda & the test. 🤞🤞

In the meantime enjoy your evening in Ft Lauderdale & an exciting embarkation day!!! 

We haven’t cruised in about 10 yrs, starting again. On the Ascent Dec 10 and Reflection in Jan . Can u let me know how the Reflection is when you get back?  Thanks

14 minutes ago, rowval said:

We haven’t cruised in about 10 yrs, starting again. On the Ascent Dec 10 and Reflection in Jan . Can u let me know how the Reflection is when you get back?  Thanks

We have sailed Reflection many times as well as the Silhouette and Equinox. We love the “S” class ships. The Reflection is one of our favorites. The  last few months there have been some complaints about the food quality, but after many that have reached out to the executive office they claim to be making changes. We have not yet made a decision on the “ E” class. I will report back when we return. 

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

image.thumb.png.518d97eabdbe25cdd5d05b29fe0b4901.png

image.thumb.png.555b287160cc1263a87404089d4e5d65.png

image.thumb.png.33207adcae3bb3ddd22a2b9ae295e057.png

image.thumb.png.2eb95a05b13b8075e3bebf884ad15cc3.png

Night one menu for the Cosmopolitan dining room has posted. No other menus currently available. Not sure if this is a typical menu or a new/improved menu mentioned by the new President of Celebrity in a recent food video. 

People often say the app is not always correct, and I know from experience that is true..  We spent 30 nights on Eclipse in April/May and this menu looks very familiar.  If this menu is correct and they they have made changes it looks like they went back to the prior menus.

We truly love the restaurants in and around Los Olas- right by the Riverside and in the Hotel.  Will check out the Hyatt Centric for another cruise as we are booked and want to stay at the Riverside in January.  But have other cruises planned. Will walk over to the Hyatt and check it out.

• Like 2