Black Friday deals?

grimpil

I have not heard of any specific to Carnival but I keep hearing that Tuesday, Nov. 28th is going to be the "Black Friday" of travel deals so I have a list of cruises and flights I will be checking that day.  Thanks you for the reminder, I need to watch for deals on excursions, internet, and dining too.

Usually people are good about posting here if they find anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH711 said:

I am getting 2 emails a day from Royal Caribbean with Black Friday deals for internet, excursions and specialty dining…I sure wish I could get one from Carnival!

They aren't really deals.  They send the same "sale" for pretty much every occasion you can think of, if you have a cruise booked. 

Halloween?  Black Friday?  30 days until your cruise?  It's Wednesday?  Here, have a sale!

It's generally very similar pricing on any sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephPS79 said:

They aren't really deals.  They send the same "sale" for pretty much every occasion you can think of, if you have a cruise booked. 

Halloween?  Black Friday?  30 days until your cruise?  It's Wednesday?  Here, have a sale!

It's generally very similar pricing on any sale.

I will agree that the sales at Royal are all the same…but their Black Friday ones are lower than all the others. I know, I just booked internet and it is lower than the regular sales. That’s why I was hoping Carnival would have one. 

5 hours ago, MPH711 said:

I am getting 2 emails a day from Royal Caribbean with Black Friday deals for internet, excursions and specialty dining…I sure wish I could get one from Carnival!

But are they legit deals? Example. For months I was getting 2nd guest free promos from NCL. Now for black Friday it’s 50% off cruises. The prices are the same they’ve been for months but instead of “2nd guest free” they now call it “50% off.” I’d rather not get any deals than get deals that aren’t deals. 

Princess also has 50% off but I don’t see any special pricing personally.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

But are they legit deals? Example. For months I was getting 2nd guest free promos from NCL. Now for black Friday it’s 50% off cruises. The prices are the same they’ve been for months but instead of “2nd guest free” they now call it “50% off.” I’d rather not get any deals than get deals that aren’t deals. 

They’re talking about sales in the cruise planner, not cruise fare.  They are legit sales.  I booked most of our excursions for a Celebrity cruise next December because they were 50%.  They will go back up in price in a few days.  I also upgraded to premium internet at 50% which is much lower than my captain’s club discount. 

I have to buy Cheers and internet soon and I would love it if this type of sale were going to occur.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Every year since covid royal has planner items on sale. I bought quite a few excursions 30% off. Twister which I thought carnival bought many years ago I got for only 25% off, includes a open bar and lunch and beach. $58.99. I remember just twister being $89 onboard carnival many years ago. I can see 6 ports on carnival, some overlap and royal is a bit cheape, maybe only a few bucks. 

I find carnival excursions to be high, no sales, just always higher priced, though last year this same planner sale excursions were 35%. These are the cheaper run of thr mill excursions, not coco cay which had some 50% off.

Lunches were 40% off. Jamie's Italian lunch was $1 cheaper than it was on pasta day. 12.99 on the older ships like mariner, 14.99 on oasis. I booked quite a few of these. Giovanni same price, chops lunch izumi etc, about 4 lunches listed 40% off. I'd prefer Giovanni because it has the same steak fillet but the ships I have booked all are Jamie's instead. Rcl ships have one or the other.

I wait all year for this sale. Eating and excursions are what I buy. .. some who want other stuff lower arent happy, but it had what I expected. 30% off I'll take it for excursions, and I booked up some lunches. Chops lunch on harmony 17.99 includes the wonderful steak fillet. I havent seen that carnival steak house is even open for lunch to get the same steak for much much less. 

Also on good sale wifi for 3 and 4 devices. Not interested lol. 

I keep hoping carnival has a excursion sale before my January dream cruise. This is one area carnival is high. Imo. Fingers crossed for a sale.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

I received an email today for 20% off premium WiFi if you bought it with a photo package or a shore excursion.  I’m buying the excursion and that internet package anyway so I bought it today.  

I just did the same thing. I noticed an excursion that had been missing is finally back for Nassau, I was thinking about it and than received that email. 

Text below is from an email I got that said it was for one of my specific booking numbers, but it worked across all 3 of my booking. In 2024, but not on any I have for 2025. 

TAKE 30% OFF

SELECT SPA TREATMENTS ON PORT DAYS AND 20% OFF SEA DAYS

Book select $150+ spa treatments online and use code CSPA23 at checkout. Book on embarkation or port day for the best price!

11 hours ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

I received an email today for 20% off premium WiFi if you bought it with a photo package or a shore excursion.  I’m buying the excursion and that internet package anyway so I bought it today.  

10 hours ago, sammee said:

I just did the same thing. I noticed an excursion that had been missing is finally back for Nassau, I was thinking about it and than received that email. 

I received a similar email and purchased a shuttle to the port (Galveston), which discounted the premium Internet I purchased along with it. Or it made the shuttle virtually free, whichever way you want to look at it. And I was able to use part of my hefty OBC for all of it. Win-win-win. Thanks Carnival. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jemcdonough85 said:

What do we think would happen if I booked internet with an excursion to get the discount and then cancelled the excursion? 

You'd no longer be eligible for the promotion and you'd pay the current price for the internet.

• Like 1