Sabatini's & Crown Grill - What Are Your Favorite Menu Offerings?

IndyKid

For our very first Princess voyage on the Caribbean Princess we decided to try their 2 specialty restaurants, Sabatini's & Crown Grill. This is the first time we've tried doing a specialty restaurant instead of the MDR. Interested in hearing from those who have recently cruised and eaten at either place - what was your favorite dish?

Edited by IndyKid

• IndyKid changed the title to Sabatini's & Crown Grill - What Are Your Favorite Menu Offerings?

Sabatini"s- Calamari, Braised Short Rib pasta and Veal Rack

Crown Grill- Either Chilean Sea Bass or Lamb Chops

( I broke a tooth on a bite of my Wifes fillet) Sorry, Wife likes her steaks, I'm good with the Lamb or Bass, we are on a Crown Grill pass for awhile.

Crown Grill:  Lobster or sea bass for me, Lamb chops or filet mignon for my DH 

Sadly, they have change pd the menu at Sabatini’s and I can no longer get the filet of sole piccata but my DH liked the Osso Bucco.  
The bread rolls there were unbelievable, though.  I cant see spending $35 for great bread, however,  

Crown Grill

Under appetizers, definitely the scallops with caviar.    I have them hold the caviar    :O)

The scallops are cooked perfect & in a wonderful sauce.

Then the shrimp bisque  Followed by lobster tail.

• Like 1

I just love the entire Sabatini's experience,  No particular favorite, and I have never been disappointed with anything.

We dine often in Crown Grill.  I like the Beef Tartare (warning, it is slightly seared) and the Shrimp Bisque.  The beef entrees are fine (I often order them.) but no better than something I buy at a local market and grill in my back yard.  I have enjoyed the Sea Bass, but I would strongly suggest that you avoid the Lobster Tails.  Mrs. XBGuy's go-to favorite is the Mussel Pot.  She also orders the Garlic Fries as her appetizer.  Invariably, the server gives her a double take, but her fries appear along with my appetizer course.

45 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

Why do you strongly say to avoid the Lobster. Is it not a Maine lobster ? What is wrong with it? Thanks for your advice. I think it even is an up charge.

There is no upcharge for the lobster entree at Crown Grill.  They do have a "Surf 'n' Turf" offering (filet mignon and lobster tail) for which there is an additional $10 charge.

My displeasure was the fact that there was no flavor, and it was chewy.  I suspect that the latter problem (possibly the former, also) was caused by overcooking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

There is no upcharge for the lobster entree at Crown Grill.  They do have a "Surf 'n' Turf" offering (filet mignon and lobster tail) for which there is an additional $10 charge.

My displeasure was the fact that there was no flavor, and it was chewy.  I suspect that the latter problem (possibly the former, also) was caused by overcooking.

Yes, we usually do not get lobster for the chewy reason. I'm with you there!

Did a chef's table once where the lobster was sous vide, and it was the best lobster I've ever had. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Or being frozen for 6+ months prior to overcooking.....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1