Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

12 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

I have the Plus package but what is confusing is that in the Summary it states that the Medallion shipping is free but there's a $27 charge. Is this a glitch or does in Princess lingo free mean not free.

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

$27?  Did you order accessories?  Is that CAD?

It should be $10 total if you have standard fare.  Package fare $0.

Is this on the new or old App?

They have had issues with charging the shipping $10 

for those on beverage packages. If it does charge you, then ask for a credit once OB.

12 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

This is on the travel summary on their website. This is what I get. I also tried to order the Medallion on the new app but I can't confirm shipping until 13 days before the cruise. I'm in line waiting to chat with Princess as I type this. BTW I'm Canadian and my charges are in CAD. But even with the current exchange rates, $27 is way too high.

DND - Free Medallion Shipping 1

$27.00

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you haven’t ordered it yet, then this is not a charge.  That sounds like an accounting code.

cad 27 would equal shipping 2 separate orders of medallions. 

You need to order it before 13 days.  BTW, they usually ship them about 14 days before.  You would receive them about 11 days before.

Try ordering again on the old app or the new app.  I doubt chat would have any idea.  JMO

11 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

I just figured out why I can't ask for them to be shipped as I haven't completed all of the steps in the Travel Checklist. But I might just be reading the travel summary wrong. It lists all of the stuff I am getting with my Plus package because if I add up all of the figures, I get an amount way over what I paid. So that $27 per Medallion is what they would have charged me had I not had the package. Sorry for the confusion. I'll finalize the checklist and I'm sure it can be shipped. Thanks for your input.

8 hours ago, DHP1 said:

$27.00 ??  My says $18.90 per person.  Assuming that in Canadian funds and I have the package. 

8 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

I believe it's showing that amount as information had I not taken the Plus package.

Medallion shipping to Canada costs $20 US - not $10 that is charged in USA.

If guest is booked in CAD, then the shipping charge is also in CAD, so $20 USD X 1.35 (PCL current cnvn rate) = $27 CAD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the poster who had questions about paying for others who were in a different cabin I simply had my credit card company add them as a user and they got their own card.  I think you can even put a limit on how much the individual card can charge.  The bill comes directly to us for payment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Ok but I have the Plus package, shouldn't the delivery be free?

Medallion shipping to Canada costs $20 US - not $10 that is charged in USA.

If guest is booked in CAD, then the shipping charge is also in CAD, so $20 USD X 1.35 (PCL current cnvn rate) = $27 CAD.

1 hour ago, HMSDingy said:

It should.  Others have complained that a charge shows when it shouldn’t.  Some  see the charge dropped when they check out.  Others must see GS for a refund (in OBC). 

I recently added Plus after I had already ordered my medallions for port pick up.  It took me a while to figure out how to cancel that order and reorder with shipping to my home.  No charge ever showed in either case.

3 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

Ok but I have the Plus package, shouldn't the delivery be free?

Yes, but you are not the only one reporting the system wanting to charge you in error.  Either you wait and get a rebate on-board (OBC) or call Princess and get a rep to order the Medallions for you if they cannot fix your data issue.

Also, have you actually submitted the order?  I have seen several posts in the past where US members reported seeing the charge listed, but their credit card was never charged.

Edited by Steelers36

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, but you are not the only one reporting the system wanting to charge you in error.  Either you wait and get a rebate on-board (OBC) or call Princess and get a rep to order the Medallions for you if they cannot fix your data issue.

That's what I'll do. I haven't completed my check in yet so maybe that'll change things.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

I just figured out why I can't ask for them to be shipped as I haven't completed all of the steps in the Travel Checklist. But I might just be reading the travel summary wrong. It lists all of the stuff I am getting with my Plus package because if I add up all of the figures, I get an amount way over what I paid. So that $27 per Medallion is what they would have charged me had I not had the package. Sorry for the confusion. I'll finalize the checklist and I'm sure it can be shipped. Thanks for your input.

You are correct.  On my travel summary, even though I have the Plus Package, the summary shows the value of the things included in the package (beverage, Wi-Fi, tips), not what I am being charged.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

You are correct.  On my travel summary, even though I have the Plus Package, the summary shows the value of the things included in the package (beverage, Wi-Fi, tips), not what I am being charged.

Apparently you have to pay your booking in full to avid any charges. Even so, you would get a refund if you have the Plus package. I can wait until full payment.

5 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

Apparently you have to pay your booking in full to avid any charges. Even so, you would get a refund if you have the Plus package. I can wait until full payment.

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that if you booked a Plus Package after a certain date, medallion shipping was no longer free as that perk was being moved over to the then new Premier Package.  I bought the Plus Package for my upcoming cruise in August of '22, before the Premier Package came out.  I had free shipping included.  Recently, I had to change the credit card number for the medallions order and now they're charging me for shipping even though I still have the plus package.

Just now, Daniel A said:

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that if you booked a Plus Package after a certain date, medallion shipping was no longer free as that perk was being moved over to the then new Premier Package.  I bought the Plus Package for my upcoming cruise in August of '22, before the Premier Package came out.  I had free shipping included.  Recently, I had to change the credit card number for the medallions order and now they're charging me for shipping even though I still have the plus package.

It does say free shipping on both my Travel Summary and booking confirmation. My booking confirmation also has a few extras NOT on my Travel Summary.  I plan to bring a printed copy of the confirmation to show customer services while onboard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

It does say free shipping on both my Travel Summary and booking confirmation. My booking confirmation also has a few extras NOT on my Travel Summary.  I plan to bring a printed copy of the confirmation to show customer services while onboard.

You will not have to show guest services anything not all plus items show on travel summary.  They do all show on the app. No charge for shipping medallion for plus in US

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

You will not have to show guest services anything not all plus items show on travel summary.  They do all show on the app. No charge for shipping medallion for plus in US

Not American and my booking does say free shipping.

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

3 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

Not American and my booking does say free shipping.

At this time just US and Canada get shipping.  Whether free or paid.

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

As I mentioned previously, the app showed no charge for shipping until I just changed my credit card info and now, I am being charged.  I have plus, but it was purchased before the changes when Premier was introduced.  I don't get the extras the Plus gets now with the new higher price for Plus.  IIRC, I would have needed to pay the difference between the old Plus and the new Plus to get the casual dining, fitness and desserts.  It's just not worth my time to wait on hold to correct the $10 shipping charge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

As I mentioned previously, the app showed no charge for shipping until I just changed my credit card info and now, I am being charged.  I have plus, but it was purchased before the changes when Premier was introduced.  I don't get the extras the Plus gets now with the new higher price for Plus.  IIRC, I would have needed to pay the difference between the old Plus and the new Plus to get the casual dining, fitness and desserts.  It's just not worth my time to wait on hold to correct the $10 shipping charge.

You can recover as OBC on board.  Less hassle than the phone I expect.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 5:07 AM, BamaVol said:

It should.  Others have complained that a charge shows when it shouldn’t.  Some  see the charge dropped when they check out.  Others must see GS for a refund (in OBC). 

I recently added Plus after I had already ordered my medallions for port pick up.  It took me a while to figure out how to cancel that order and reorder with shipping to my home.  No charge ever showed in either case.

How did you cancel your order?  I have the medallions in my cart, but I want to cancel it and start over.  TIA

14 hours ago, lizardcruisemom said:

How did you cancel your order?  I have the medallions in my cart, but I want to cancel it and start over.  TIA

Mine were already ordered. I used the old app. Go to “choose your medallion”.  Click on “order history”. Select the order and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find “cancel order”. That should work.  Now you can start over.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, swabs said:

I now have two cruises booked for later this year. How do I find the second cruise on the app?

All comments gratefully received.

If you’re on the new App, it only shows your next cruise.

So you have to log in using the booking number for any other cruises.

Sign out.  Then log in using the booking number.

It has been reported, but this may be intentional by IT.

It is a PITA.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3

You are not going to like my reply.  I did the same thing.  Ordered my Medallion and when I was ready to check out, it showed that I would owe $10 even though I had Plus.  Tried to remove order.  Finally had to call Princess (yes, the dreaded phone call).  First agent removed the order for me, but he couldn't create a new order without the $10 fee.  So had to also cancel the one he tried.

Next call (always try a different agent), agent tried to place order.  Same result.  So he had to cancel this THIRD order.  I was extremely frustrated at this time and requested over and over again to speak to a supervisor.  He was very patient with me and assured me that he would find a work around. 

I must admit that the second agent was very good.  He did find a way to place my order by going through my cruise mate's account.  BINGO...free medallion ship.

Now...I have another friend on an android who previously (like within a few weeks prior) had the same issue....charge... but was able to cancel the first order with the click of a button.  DUH?  HUH? I didn't have a cancellation option button.  

On 2/2/2024 at 7:17 PM, lizardcruisemom said:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are not going to like my reply.  I did the same thing.  Ordered my Medallion and when I was ready to check out, it showed that I would owe $10 even though I had Plus.  Tried to remove order.  Finally had to call Princess (yes, the dreaded phone call).  First agent removed the order for me, but he couldn't create a new order without the $10 fee.  So had to also cancel the one he tried.

Next call (always try a different agent), agent tried to place order.  Same result.  So he had to cancel this THIRD order.  I was extremely frustrated at this time and requested over and over again to speak to a supervisor.  He was very patient with me and assured me that he would find a work around. 

I must admit that the second agent was very good.  He did find a way to place my order by going through my cruise mate's account.  BINGO...free medallion ship.

Now...I have another friend on an android who previously (like within a few weeks prior) had the same issue....charge... but was able to cancel the first order with the click of a button.  DUH?  HUH? I didn't have a cancellation option button.  

I found one. I guess it’s possible it doesn’t show up for everyone. You have to complete the order and select it to cancel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I found one. I guess it’s possible it doesn’t show up for everyone. You have to complete the order and select it to cancel. 

I guess I didn't win the free shipping jackpot when I tried.  Looked everywhere.  My friend even sent me a screen shot to "prove" that it was there.  Not for me.  Doesn't matter.  Mystery solved, but did take more time out of my life than I prefer to give to Princess call center.  

19 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

16 hours ago, BamaVol said:

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I guess I didn't win the free shipping jackpot when I tried.  Looked everywhere.  My friend even sent me a screen shot to "prove" that it was there.  Not for me.  Doesn't matter.  Mystery solved, but did take more time out of my life than I prefer to give to Princess call center.  

Are you writing about old App or new App because this is the old App thread?