Where are the Black Friday DEAL'S ????

fishbonz

19 minutes ago, fishbonz said:

Tried too get a refreshment package for 9 day'er  total 255.00 no deal there. 

That's 23.99 plus grats that's about as low as the refreshment package gets these days. Even on sailings where the deluxe beverage package is cheaper the refreshment is staying at that price. The days of it being priced at 18.99 are over 🙁

30 minutes ago, fishbonz said:

Tried too get a refreshment package for 9 day'er  total 255.00 no deal there. 

the prices were low a couple of weeks ago.  Then the company saw what items were selling quickly and readjusted.  I doubt we will see any cruise planner items go down today.  Maybe Monday.

59 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

the prices were low a couple of weeks ago.  Then the company saw what items were selling quickly and readjusted.  I doubt we will see any cruise planner items go down today.  Maybe Monday.

I've been watching and it has been 23.99 for some time now no lower for my cruise.

• Like 1

Nothing cheaper on Icon in September at Hideaway Beach 😡  The elite cabanas and pool at the right of the lagoon haven't changed and there are only 8 of them, shows 7 left HAHA.  Same with the beach cabanas there also.  People aren't too thrilled with the pricing it seems.  Our day pass remains at $62.99.

Refreshment package for our cruise on Harmony in July was selling for $32.99.  When Royal started their BF "deals" weeks ago, it dropped to $23.99.  We went ahead and snagged it.  

I don't think people understand how businesses price things.  They don't put things on sale to benefit the consumer (of course, that's what they'll claim).  They put things on sale to SELL them.  Let's say item A costs the company $10 and "normally" sells for $40.  The company sells 10 items in a month.  So that's $300 "profit"

They lower the price to $35.  Now they sell 12 in a month. Still $300 profit.  

Lower the price to $30.  Now they sell 15 in a month. Still $300 profit.

Lower the price to $25 and sell 30 in a month. Now $450.  

The trick is trying to maximize the profit.  Heck, it was only 10 years ago an OTW cabana at Labadee was $250.  Now it's over $1000.  But as long as they keep selling, why should Royal put them on "sale"? 

IT'S ALL ABOUT DEMAND - If you are not seeing great deals from RCI (or any major cruise line, for that matter), that's because demand for cruise vacations is now higher than pre-covid years.  So many people are cruising and filling ships that many (if not most) cruises have no need to offer discounts, especially significant discounts.  

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As stated by many people on this site, RCI isn’t going to lower prices on fares, excursions, packages, etc. that are selling well at current prices. 

EXACTLY!  In dynamic pricing, you NEVER buy early unless you can live with the price you got.  If you buy early, you've guaranteed the price will never drop below a certain baseline for every purchase.

RCCL items are now like airplane seats.  They set a certain base price, and if they don't sell anything, they might drop the price, but if they do sell, the future price will never be below that base price.

I gave in and bought one lunch this black Friday so my kids could try oysters for the 1st time ever...it was under $100 for 6 all in (5 adults/1 kid), so that was good enough for me.  Everything else was a pass...and will continue to be at these prices...

29 minutes ago, asctony said:

This not only applies to cruises, it also applies to airlines. They will charge what you will pay.

We as consumers should stand down and then we would see cheaper prices.

Icon OTS is totally Overpriced! 

It applies to EVERYTHING.  Groceries, housing, furniture, restaurants, clothing, etc. 

• Thanks 1