Pub Lunch

Go-Bucks!

Had it on the Caribbean Princess...but it seems to be only on longer cruises (more than 7 days).  Offered in the MDR on a sea day.  Not quite the same, but close.  I doubt short port intensive itineraries will see a Pub Lunch.

• Like 1

I was on Discovery 10-21 to 10-28.  On a seaday we had the usual Pub lunch.  It was held in one of the MDRs, not one of the smaller venues.  It was kind of nice not to have wait in the long line out the door and down the hallway.  Food seemed to be the same except the bread and butter pudding was not prepared the same.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Had it on the Caribbean Princess...but it seems to be only on longer cruises (more than 7 days).  Offered in the MDR on a sea day.  Not quite the same, but close.  I doubt short port intensive itineraries will see a Pub Lunch.

Good to know...mine will be for 10 days and I think 5 are sea days. I will miss it being in a more intimate venue but not having to wait will balance that out. I love all the pub lunch offerings!

15 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

I've attended this numerous times now where it is held on a sea day in the MDR.  Especially on the Royal Class ships.  The hamburger is so good.  It's on another level from the lido deck burgers.

Hamburgers at Pub Lunch now?? 😲

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Hamburgers at Pub Lunch now?? 😲

Disclaimer, I ordered it off the kids menu LOL.  Nothing on the Pub Lunch menu appealed that day.  But it was a really good burger.  Hand formed patty, quality beef.  Not the hockey pucks from Lido Grill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Disclaimer, I ordered it off the kids menu LOL.  Nothing on the Pub Lunch menu appealed that day.  But it was a really good burger.  Hand formed patty, quality beef.  Not the hockey pucks from Lido Grill.

Thank you! This is great to know. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Ty for the tip.  We order of the kid's menu for room service quite often, the quesadilla and chicken tenders....not bad at all.  🙂

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 2:30 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

Is Princess still offering the Pub Lunch, in particular, on the Ruby? Or is it gone or been changed to one more nickel-&-diming option? 

We had it on our Hawaii trip. It was awful! The "fish & chips" looked like it came from a box in any grocery store.After 2 really crappy lunches we just ate in the dining room.

• Like 1