My Time Dining

cellfree

Well, live and learn for me!
Upcoming cruise Sunday, four days out, first Royal cruise in a long time.

Chose (or were given it as reservation was made so long ago I forget) My Time Dining. What I did not know was that you can go on the App and reserve your dining time early, I discovered this today. As a result what is now left are times later than 7:30/7:45, too late for us. I suppose we will be experiencing the Buffet for dinner more often than not.

6 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Chose (or were given it as reservation was made so long ago I forget) My Time Dining. What I did not know was that you can go on the App and reserve your dining time early, I discovered this today. As a result what is now left are times later than 7:30/7:45, too late for us. I suppose we will be experiencing the Buffet for dinner more often than not.

The times you are seeing are now the times MTD starts. No early time slots for MTD like pre shutdown. Reason why we switched back to early TD. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, doghog said:

The times you are seeing are now the times MTD starts. No early time slots for MTD like pre shutdown. Reason why we switched back to early TD. 

Same for us, we switched back to Early dining.  We used to always do MTD, which we would book for 6 and usually get there around 545. Now early dining says 530, but they want you there at 5.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Last month on our cruise there were many empty tables in our area during early dining, and so within half an hour they were bringing in MTD guests. So get in line early and you may get in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Same for us, we switched back to Early dining.  We used to always do MTD, which we would book for 6 and usually get there around 545. Now early dining says 530, but they want you there at 5.

Not happening for us. We'll still be sitting in the CL enjoying a cheese snack and a drink or two. Then we'll slowly walk into the MDR between 5:30 and 5:40. We'll have a two top. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I agree, but maybe "everyone" was booking MTD for the same time as early, so they just decided it made more sense to expand early into the MTD area.

I don't know. I have read different reason here on CC. 

10 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Early Main Dining at 530 but they want you there at 5? What does that mean?... Early Main Dining has been 500 or 515 on my cruises. Little early for those on West Coast time. was like eating at 2pm for my Daughter and Grand Daughter, me it was no biggie. MTD started at 615 last month, with a long line forming going back to Cetrum on many nites. When I started Cruising Royal Early was 6 or 630, 2nd seating was 830 or 9

Edited by ONECRUISER

35 minutes ago, cellfree said:

You don’t have to have a reservation, you can just get in the no reservation line around the time (or before) the time

You prefer to eat 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Early Main Dining at 530 but they want you there at 5? What does that mean?... Early Main Dining has been 500 or 515 on my cruises. Little early for those on West Coast time. was like eating at 2pm for my Daughter and Grand Daughter, me it was no biggie. MTD started at 615 last month, with a long line forming going back to Cetrum on many nites. When I started Cruising Royal Early was 6 or 630, 2nd seating was 830 or 9

Early TD for our upcoming Radiance cruise starts at 5:30. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

You don’t have to have a reservation, you can just get in the no reservation line around the time (or before) the time

You prefer to eat 

I've seen those long non reservation lines for MTD. No way. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, doghog said:

Indeed, as you know....we as well.   And no lines to wait in.  🙂 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes the early time was 530 and the sign outside said 5:15 but our servers said it would be good if we came at 5. We didn’t but they asked if we could. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Last month on our cruise there were many empty tables in our area during early dining, and so within half an hour they were bringing in MTD guests. So get in line early and you may get in.

That has been my experience on my last 4 sails no matter which deck I was dining at.

• Like 1