Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

The amount of single passengers booked is astonishing. Not like there are empty cabins all over the ship. 

Plus many cabins are being used for storage, additional staff, lecturers, medical, etc...

That statement cancels itself out somewhat doesn't it? Is the ship quite full?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Rock and roll time gang!  😉  

So, here is one explanation of the rolling high seas...position.  Now at the very end of the tail.  Outside decks closed again.  Hang on Bucky!!!

20240111_043015.jpg

20240111_051046 (1).jpg

20240111_050939.jpg

It’s almost like a workout trying to walk straight when seas are like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

The Deck 5 Starboard Dining Room has a fantastic view!  The spray from one of the waves hitting the bow made a rainbow!  Just beautiful!

The dining room has a view of the bow?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Traveling around the ship is a challenge, especially for John, but no motion sickness so far

I think you have to drink more to walk in a straight line. 🤣

Next the Captain might send everyone to their cabins for safety reasons.Probabky going to get worse once you get below the bottom tip of South America.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The dining room has a view of the bow?

Um, no!  But you can see the huge waves breaking off the bow as it goes through them.  What you can see from a nice window seat is fun to watch.  The Deck 5 view (closer to the waves) is/was more fun to watch the waves from than from our Deck 7 balcony!

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It’s almost like a workout trying to walk straight when seas are like that. 

Oh yeah, getting rougher still.  Huge swells.  Went to the Cinema to watch cute Disney nature documentary story (as only Disney can) on Penguins of Antarctica.  Pretty cute, but wow....during the show we could really hear the waves banging against the hull up there (Cinema forward deck on six).

Feel bad for John, who has cabin all the way forward on deck 8.   😮 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

The Deck 5 Starboard Dining Room has a fantastic view!  The spray from one of the waves hitting the bow made a rainbow!  Just beautiful!

Same thing up here on deck 10 off our balcony!  😮 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah, getting rougher still.  Huge swells.  Went to the Cinema to watch cute Disney nature documentary story (as only Disney can) on Penguins of Antarctica.  Pretty cute, but wow....during the show we could really hear the waves banging against the hull up there (Cinema forward deck on six).

Feel bad for John, who has cabin all the way forward on deck 8.   😮 

Guess any shows or activity in the theatre will be canceled today and tonight.

Cabins toward the bow will be hearing the banging all day and night when the ship bow comes down hard on the next wave.

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess any shows or activity in the theatre will be canceled today and tonight.

Cabins toward the bow will be hearing the banging all day and night when the ship bow comes down hard on the next wave.

Are you on the ship? I just wondered as you seem to know about the routing, weather impact, impending show cancellations, and even imminent upcoming cabin confinements.

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Rock and roll time gang!  😉  

So, here is one explanation of the rolling high seas...position.  Now at the very end of the tail.  Outside decks closed again.  Hang on Bucky!!!

When this ship is a rockin' don't come a knockin'...😉

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 3

"Walking" across the WJ floor just now towards the former "Rita's Cantina" which is now a smoothie, Sports drink bar only.....we took a really big roller.  Took some clever dance moves on my part to stay upright.  😉  Then some plates, cups, food, and many of those propped up plastic food signs above the trays decided to fly off on their own.  Stuff came sliding across the tile floor as we were tipping sideways.  Yeeehaa!   😱😵

Poor crew members were scrambling around trying to chase it all down. 

Love the smoothie bar.  Bananas and apples popular right now for butterfly tummies,...I had mine in a smoothie...no milk, just apples and banana.  

• Like 14

Sure it's wild here...but then again I could be sitting at home eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich watching soap operas and reruns on TV.  😄   Drats...see what I am missing?  🤣

The phrase "this too shall pass" is often used to describe the transient nature of life. It means that everything is temporary and that nothing lasts forever . This includes both the good and the bad times. The idea is that we should not get too attached to anything because it will eventually end.

Edited by island lady
  • Like 24

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

"Walking" across the WJ floor just now towards the former "Rita's Cantina" which is now a smoothie, Sports drink bar only.....we took a really big roller.  Took some clever dance moves on my part to stay upright.  😉  Then some plates, cups, food, and many of those propped up plastic food signs above the trays decided to fly off on their own.  Stuff came sliding across the tile floor as we were tipping sideways.  Yeeehaa!   😱😵

Poor crew members were scrambling around trying to chase it all down. 

Love the smoothie bar.  Bananas and apples popular right now for butterfly tummies,...I had mine in a smoothie...no milk, just apples and banana.  

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Well having bad weather in a part of world that most folks never get to would be disappointing to me.

all that money and then some ports being missed.

wondering if timing of WC is. Or such a good idea

It is summertime now in that part of the World so best possible weather you can get...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sure it's wild here...but then again I could be sitting at home eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich watching soap operas and reruns on TV.  😄   Drats...see what I am missing?  🤣

The phrase "this too shall pass" is often used to describe the transient nature of life. It means that everything is temporary and that nothing lasts forever . This includes both the good and the bad times. The idea is that we should not get too attached to anything because it will eventually end.

Before to develop too much of an optimistic outlook toward your situation, I'm sure someone will drop by soon to inform you of the future gloom awaiting this trip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

47 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Wow !  What an exciting part of the cruise.  One of those "here's the good news and here's the bad news" kinds of events.

Totally agree. Getting to sail in a part of the world few cruise ships & passengers get to venture is exciting.  The weather,  waves & rock-n-rolling ship is all part of the once-in-a-life time experience. 

If it could be captured on video, that would be great.

• Like 7