Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Gosh no...thanks!   I may have to finally get off my laziness and upgrade!  🙂 

And when you do, go for Samsung Galaxy "S" series.  They're really cameras that just happen to a phone built-in. 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wow!  That was a crazy crowd in your video Laura!  Glad we have a great view from our balcony!

Here’s my favorite rainbow shot from this morning, during a blue sky moment!!

IMG_2033.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Ooops sorry...yes Samsung Galaxy A10e.   Probably at least 5 years old.  I am comfortable with it, though indeed takes crappy pictures.  I guess if I were a real camera nut...I would buy an actual camera.  😉 

At some point, probably time to upgrade the phone...but I am lazy of the type..."If it ain't broke...don't fix it".   😄 

I feel the same!  I have an old iPhone 7.  It does OK!  I don’t want to carry a phone and a camera everywhere!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

And when you do, go for Samsung Galaxy "S" series.  They're really cameras that just happen to a phone built-in. 😃

That is because there is only so much they can do to improve the phone makes calls so they concentrate on improving the camera. That is how they manage to sell upgrades.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nice! Though I'm not at all impressed with the crowd at the rail. Laura didn't appear all that happy with it either. It reminds me somewhat of the old style safety drills.🫥

I absolutely feel the same way.  No way I want to join that zoo of pax shoving and pushing at the railings with kids screaming. 

Sooo happy to have my quiet balcony all to myself.  😉    Same shots...no crowding.   Nice glass of SB when I duck into the cabin to warm up.  🤗

20240118_162439.jpg

20240118_162557.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is because there is only so much they can do to improve the phone makes calls so they concentrate on improving the camera. That is how they manage to sell upgrades.

Cell phones are able to make calls?  😄 😄 

• Haha 24

Ooops sorry...yes Samsung Galaxy A10e.   Probably at least 5 years old.  I am comfortable with it, though indeed takes crappy pictures.  I guess if I were a real camera nut...I would buy an actual camera.  😉 

At some point, probably time to upgrade the phone...but I am lazy of the type..."If it ain't broke...don't fix it".   😄 

Have had 4 different Samsung Galaxy's, one I kept for 5+ yrs only getting new one after Battery wouldn't hold charge for long. I'm currently on a 3+ yr old model. Never done me wrong and always took great pics, day and nite

• Like 2

First of all, your pictures aren't crappy. Keep 'em coming. 

That's the same phone I have. 5 years old also. I don't use it for the camera. My phone stays in the cabin safe. I use a Canon camera as I take a lot of video. Anywhere from 32 to 64 GB. Depending on the length of the cruise and itinerary. Maybe a still shot once in a blue moon.  Then when we get home I download the video to my laptop and burn it to a DVD. Fun to watch the video as I don't edit it and a lot of what I video Kathy is seeing for the first time as I'm always wandering off when something catches my eye. 👀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

I feel the same!  I have an old iPhone 7.  It does OK!  I don’t want to carry a phone and a camera everywhere!

We both have IPhone 13 Pro Max phones and like others have said, the pictures and videos are so good, we no longer bring a camera, we just use the phones. Bob used to bring a bulky video camera AND regular camera…..no more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

bulky video camera AND regular camera…..no more.

I remember those days. Look liked I worked for a local news channel. The camera I use now is smaller than my phone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

iPhone typically stays locked in the safe. I use my iPad for grab shots when we are in our cabin, and a pocket sized Sony camera when we are wandering around. If I know that I will be photographing a lot of stuff and at a range of distances (like on our Panama Canal B2B), I bring my Fujica digital SLR as well.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That's exactly how I see it.  After getting a Samsung S21 Ultra I would say I bought a nice camera with phone functions.   I love the 10x optical lense option. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Turned around and realized...hey...glaciers coming into view.  🤗  Thanks Captain!  First order of business..."naturally" chill down a nice glass of SB.  🥰

Now you've got my attention. 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Turned around and realized...hey...glaciers coming into view.  🤗  Thanks Captain!  First order of business..."naturally" chill down a nice glass of SB.  🥰

20240119_105351.jpg

20240119_110343.jpg

20240119_111528.jpg

Cheers to you and living the good life!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MindyJohn said:

Cheers to you and living the good life!

Thanks...we are trying not to leave anything behind.  😉    Broker told us long ago....the way to do it is to let the last check bounce.  😄 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12