Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

20 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...transferring over to Wonder in two weeks, which will be just after we give our contractor some $$ to start the next remodel phase.  😄 

Are you on the Feb 25th sailing on the Wonder?  I will be on that sailing and if you are sailing too, I will need to keep an eye out for you guys since I have seen many pics of your husband, as I have been following this thread since the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLAW said:

Are you on the Feb 25th sailing on the Wonder?  I will be on that sailing and if you are sailing too, I will need to keep an eye out for you guys since I have seen many pics of your husband, as I have been following this thread since the start.

Bucky will probably be camped out on the suite sun deck😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ringers0815 said:

We are on our way to LA to spend a few days there before we join the cruise for the transit to Australia. Thank you @island lady and all others who have posted on this thread. We will try to post but I am sure we won’t do as good a job as @island lady!

Anything that you post will be greatly appreciated!

• Like 8

We took the Deluxe Coastal Cruise ship’s tour today.  We were unaware that we needed to get a tender ticket yesterday, so we had to wait until noon to get off with our tour ticket and meet on the dock.

We boarded a large Catamaran (held 99 people), but it did not seem crowded.  Plenty of room for all!  As we sailed out of the harbor, we were told by the crew it was an “open bar”!  It appeared no one (including us) was aware of that.  The crew worked very hard to make sure everyone was taken care of, and brought around snacks throughout the 2 hour trip!

The Captain sailed around the fantastic rock formations and we saw many whales sitting offshore.  Unfortunately, we were not quick enough with our cameras to catch a photo of a breech or a tail, but the whales were fun to watch (as always)!  The weather was perfect, the music was lively, and we had a great time!

IMG_3938.thumb.jpeg.514134c10091419f1e602f8f6b6fa752.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

• Like 19

To all those soon to head home, thanks for bringing us along and safe travels home. It’s been fun to see all that you have gotten up to. 

For those staying on board for the next leg, thanks for continuing to bring us along. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us. 

• Like 24

Big thanks to everyone who has posted and shown us all the details per words and pictures. It is wonderful to be able to follow along, and I'm sure RCI would also appreciate how much enthusiasm has been created for any future sailings like this. You all are great!

To the fellow FL residents reporting, in case you hadn't seen this, you missed an earthquake close to home last night 🙃

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - A rare earthquake was reported off the coast of Florida on Wednesday night, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). 

The magnitude 4.0 earthquake rumbled about 101 miles off the coast of Cape Canaveral at 10:48 p.m. Wednesday, officials said. 

An earthquake of this magnitude is "often felt, but only causes minor damage," according to Michigan Tech.

The earthquake also had a depth of just over 6 miles, meaning it's a very shallow earthquake, according to USGS. 

People on the Space Coast – from as far north as Titusville and as south as Vero Beach, including Melbourne, Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach – felt the earthquake, according to the USGS' Community Internet Intensity Map. Dozens of people said they felt "weak" or "light" shaking, but experienced no damage. It should be noted that this map includes data that has not been reviewed by a scientist, and anyone can report feeling an earthquake". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We took the Deluxe Coastal Cruise ship’s tour today.  We were unaware that we needed to get a tender ticket yesterday, so we had to wait until noon to get off with our tour ticket and meet on the dock.

We boarded a large Catamaran (held 99 people), but it did not seem crowded.  Plenty of room for all!  As we sailed out of the harbor, we were told by the crew it was an “open bar”!  It appeared no one (including us) was aware of that.  The crew worked very hard to make sure everyone was taken care of, and brought around snacks throughout the 2 hour trip!

The Captain sailed around the fantastic rock formations and we saw many whales sitting offshore.  Unfortunately, we were not quick enough with our cameras to catch a photo of a breech or a tail, but the whales were fun to watch (as always)!  The weather was perfect, the music was lively, and we had a great time!

IMG_3938.thumb.jpeg.514134c10091419f1e602f8f6b6fa752.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

Sounds like my Luck in last year on Panama Canal Cruises was supposed stop there 3 days, first one they got 3 Tenders ashore and even though was a beautiful sunny day the waves were too high for anymore rest of day. The other 2 days a Hurricane so was day 7 before our first port stop

21 hours ago, orville99 said:

Yours is probably transporting the captain ashore and picking up his replacement.

LOL...I asked that when we boarded one of the several life boat tenders, but the lady at the check out told me Captain Stig has to wait for the new captain to board...which he was doing with his wife and many suitcases that had came off that first lifeboat tender, when we were line to reboard it.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

We are on our way to LA to spend a few days there before we join the cruise for the transit to Australia. Thank you @island lady and all others who have posted on this thread. We will try to post but I am sure we won’t do as good a job as @island lady!

Welcome aboard!  Hope you have a fantabulous cruise.  🙂  And don't sell yourself short...you will be great posting!  

• Like 5

17 hours ago, MLAW said:

Yup, that's the one.  Would love to meet you.  🙂 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

Bucky will probably be camped out on the suite sun deck😇

Most likely.  😉  Though he has to be careful to avoid the awful soot dust up there.  Did not pay attention and laid his cover up new shorts on a spot of soot...burned a hole in them...ruined.  😠

11 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Big thanks to everyone who has posted and shown us all the details per words and pictures. It is wonderful to be able to follow along, and I'm sure RCI would also appreciate how much enthusiasm has been created for any future sailings like this. You all are great!

To the fellow FL residents reporting, in case you hadn't seen this, you missed an earthquake close to home last night 🙃

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - A rare earthquake was reported off the coast of Florida on Wednesday night, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). 

The magnitude 4.0 earthquake rumbled about 101 miles off the coast of Cape Canaveral at 10:48 p.m. Wednesday, officials said. 

An earthquake of this magnitude is "often felt, but only causes minor damage," according to Michigan Tech.

The earthquake also had a depth of just over 6 miles, meaning it's a very shallow earthquake, according to USGS. 

People on the Space Coast – from as far north as Titusville and as south as Vero Beach, including Melbourne, Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach – felt the earthquake, according to the USGS' Community Internet Intensity Map. Dozens of people said they felt "weak" or "light" shaking, but experienced no damage. It should be noted that this map includes data that has not been reviewed by a scientist, and anyone can report feeling an earthquake". 

Wow...that is one I missed.  Wonder if it created a "rouge wave"?  I live near Cape Canaveral.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Most likely.  😉  Though he has to be careful to avoid the awful soot dust up there.  Did not pay attention and laid his cover up new shorts on a spot of soot...burned a hole in them...ruined.  😠

The last two times we were on wonder in July, there was virtually no soot on the sun deck, so they apparently figured out the problem. We still wouldn’t sit on anything up there without a layer of towels between our seats and theirs.😇

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

The last two times we were on wonder in July, there was virtually no soot on the sun deck, so they apparently figured out the problem. We still wouldn’t sit on anything up there without a layer of towels between our seats and theirs.😇

He always puts a towel down on the chair he uses...but had put his shorts down on the one next to him...without a towel.  Won't make that mistake again!  But good to hear you had no soot up there!  That was the reason I did not use that area.  😛

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Aww...thanks!  I will be joining the "virtual World cruisers" rank in a couple of days.  🙂 

Us virtual cruisers are having a good time reading all about the WC--but, not nearly as much fun as you all have had sailing it.  😜

• Like 1

Happy happy...finally got to tender at a port!!  Several lifeboats were used along with several shore side tenders.  We had the life boat on the way to port, and one of the very nice clean tenders on the way back.  15 minute ride.  

Why does this make me think of that game "Whack a mole"?  😉 

20240208_122142.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Very busy touristy port.  Lots of bars, restaurants, and many...many "fine craft" shops.  😉  I bought the required fridge magnet and a nice pair of silver earrings.  Loved looking at the rock formations on the way in.  

20240208_122645.jpg

20240208_123110.jpg

20240208_143739.jpg

20240208_143758.jpg

20240208_145043.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8

Found the restaurant with the good reviews we were looking for, Solomon's Landing...did not disappoint!  And friends also went there on our recommendation, who had a good lunch as well.  🙂 

Did not do the table side Fajitas...but looked good!  Fish tacos and Coconut shrimp...soooo good!

20240208_132923.jpg

20240208_134231.jpg

20240208_134234.jpg

20240208_134249.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Found the restaurant with the good reviews we were looking for, Solomon's Landing...did not disappoint!  And friends also went there on our recommendation, who had a good lunch as well.  🙂 

Did not do the table side Fajitas...but looked good!  Fish tacos and Coconut shrimp...soooo good!

And not to forget the Margaritas. 🍹😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

After lunch we made out way to the opposite end to catch some beach walk time.  I was walking on the rocks, but invisible of course.  😄  Our home for the last 2 months at anchor.  

20240208_160006.jpg

20240208_160406.jpg

20240208_160513.jpg

20240208_160640.jpg

20240208_161344.jpg

20240208_160851.jpg

20240208_161609.jpg

• Like 17