Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

20 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is what I was referring to.  Seems a bit sketchy to do this vaccine with a population that is almost exclusively in this age group.  Especially on a cruise ship with limited facilities.  Even if the chances of a negative reaction are only 1-2 percent, that would mean 3 or more sick people statistically.   Of course, I have zero clue what the actual statistics are.  Wish our good doctor would chime in with his thoughts.  That is why, I will likely never get to go to the parts of Africa or the Amazon that require this vaccination.  Although, I personally, would risk it to do this.  Not sure my RN wife would agree.

jc

That's why I think Option #2 with less exposure to Africa is going to be the one Royal goes with, vote or no vote.  I think the so call vote is just eye wash to appease the passengers onboard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is what I was referring to.  Seems a bit sketchy to do this vaccine with a population that is almost exclusively in this age group.  Especially on a cruise ship with limited facilities.  Even if the chances of a negative reaction are only 1-2 percent, that would mean 3 or more sick people statistically.   Of course, I have zero clue what the actual statistics are.  Wish our good doctor would chime in with his thoughts.  That is why, I will likely never get to go to the parts of Africa or the Amazon that require this vaccination.  Although, I personally, would risk it to do this.  Not sure my RN wife would agree.

jc

We feel the same. I’ll have to get my “fix” of Africa from our 4K TV. 😀

edit to add we also get to smell Africa on Soarin at WDW 🤣

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Head over to Busch Gardens in Tampa for an Africa fix.  🙂

Oops…I hit the “Quote” button before I saw lovesthebeach2’s post!

Edited by NancyIL
  • Like 1

Hello from the South Pacific. We crossed the equator at 7:01 this morning. The ceremony will be held at 1 pm. We had the loyalty event this morning. Another beautiful day at sea!

The numbers on this leg of the cruise.

IMG_1420.thumb.jpeg.bc272eb9d98eedae03eaa8253175e1f6.jpeg

less windy today so calmer sea.

IMG_1452.thumb.jpeg.4c4e7f6076b120b3675e342f9bade9f4.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Hello from the South Pacific. We crossed the equator at 7:01 this morning. The ceremony will be held at 1 pm. We had the loyalty event this morning. Another beautiful day at sea!

The numbers on this leg of the cruise.

IMG_1420.thumb.jpeg.bc272eb9d98eedae03eaa8253175e1f6.jpeg

less windy today so calmer sea.

Is that Joff (CD) in the photo?  I heard he was the CD on the World Cruise.  Enjoyed his personality years ago when we sailed with him.  If so, do you know how long he is staying aboard?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Is that Joff (CD) in the photo?  I heard he was the CD on the World Cruise.  Enjoyed his personality years ago when we sailed with him.  If so, do you know how long he is staying aboard?

Yes that is Joff.  He is great!  Thank you for asking this question.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I don’t know how long he is staying but will ask if/when I see him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Yes, that is Joff.  

I heard he was leaving in LA...but then I think he extended?  

Beautiful day in the South Pacific. They closed the pool and deck 12 last night because of rain showers. We had to go through the galley to get to Izumi last night. Not very convenient that they can only be accessed through an outside deck that is often closed. Finally opened the pool around 11:40 am today. It was time because it’s a hot sunny day!  Also sad that the kids pool is pretty much closed all the time. It says it opens from 1 to 4 pm but I walked passed there a couple of times in the afternoon and it was closed. Not sure why. In Moorea tomorrow.

IMG_1461.thumb.jpeg.249be38f950095ae5d60a84a4c4a5531.jpeg

IMG_1475.thumb.jpeg.adfc42bf9da6cd76291a85ba73c4b3a0.jpeg

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

Beautiful day in the South Pacific. They closed the pool and deck 12 last night because of rain showers. We had to go through the galley to get to Izumi last night. Not very convenient that they can only be accessed through an outside deck that is often closed. Finally opened the pool around 11:40 am today. It was time because it’s a hot sunny day!  Also sad that the kids pool is pretty much closed all the time. It says it opens from 1 to 4 pm but I walked passed there a couple of times in the afternoon and it was closed. Not sure why. In Moorea tomorrow.

I have actually never seen the kids pool open from Miami further.   Very limited kiddos on the ship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ringers0815 said:

We loved Moorea so much we named or Maltese after that island.  Our third favorite Island in FP only behind Bora Bora and Tahaa

Please post some pics for us all and have and awesome time there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

They closed an outside deck because it was raining?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They closed an outside deck because it was raining?

It seems like it. The Izumi manager said it was closed because of the bad weather. We had showers in the evening and some wind but nothing major in my opinion. They are very quick to close deck 12.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

It can be very slippery at night, with limited lighting.

I like "sneaking" in and out the "back way."

Isn't there still a stairway down to the Windjammer? And they should have let you use the service elevator, if the weather was bad. 

• Thanks 1