Miami Parking $35. A Day Now, Garage A

sailaway54321

I just looked at the Port of Miami website. I saw the surface lot and all other terminals (except A) are still $22.  Terminal A parking: “For parking rate information, questions or concerns, contact Royal Caribbean Customer Service 24/7 at 800-256-6649”.  

Are you on a holiday sailing?  It sounds like Port of Miami parking is now included in Royal’s dynamic pricing. 

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I just looked at the Port of Miami website. I saw the surface lot and all other terminals (except A) are still $22.  Terminal A parking: “For parking rate information, questions or concerns, contact Royal Caribbean Customer Service 24/7 at 800-256-6649”.  

Are you on a holiday sailing?  It sounds like Port of Miami parking is now included in Royal’s dynamic pricing. 

Crazy. I like the convience of parking right at the terminal, but come on now. 

Edited by blueslily

8 minutes ago, blueslily said:

We actually prefer off-site parking in Port Canaveral and Port Everglades. Our luggage is taken out of our car and unloaded in the porter area, so we avoid both handling the luggage and driving into the port area. We can relax a few minutes on the shuttle, and there are generous rewards. But there is no suitable off-site parking in Miami, so we are paying way more than we prefer to do something we don’t even want to do. 

48 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Yes, we prefer to park at the port because it makes us SO FAST on disembarkation day, but that's just insane.  I absolutely despise paying to park my car ... anywhere.

I'm not paying $35/day to park at Termianl A at PortMiami.  Is it possible to park at Terminal B...or is Garage B exclusively for NCL?  How about Surface Lot C or Garage C...is it possible (easy) to walk from the C lot/garage to Terminal A?  Are there shuttles to and from other lots/garages to Terminal A?  I have parked at PortMiami twice this year...once in Garage G and once in Garage C.  However, I have never embarked from Terminal A.  Can someone familiar with the port please provide feedback.  Thanks in advance!

We had my father in law with us who is disabled, so instead of the shuttling around we figured spend the extra, thinking it was $25 a day, but what a jump in price. We had already pulled in the lot and saw the sign and figured we would just suck it up and pay the extra $10. a day.  
Not happy about the unannounced and steep increase. He is from Michigan, so no free parking.

7 hours ago, RD64 said:

Supply and Demand!

You hit the nail on the head. I don’t understand people who complain about RCI cruise fares increasing, gratuities increasing and now parking at Terminal A at Port Miami. Rates keep increasing due to the demand. No one is forcing anyone to cruise on RCI. There are a lot of cruise lines out there. If RCI is too expensive for someone, they should sale on another cruise line. There are cruise lines out there (like MSC for example) that have very reasonable fares, even on their newest ships. 

• Like 1

Hi,

A issue for us is we like sailing on RCI, but we are not made of money. We are UK based and therefore have to travel more often than not to other countries to take a cruise.

That includes hotels and air fare amongst other things.

We both work and want to enjoy the best possible holiday vacation that we can.

However, things have been going up, not just cruising, but almost everything, whilst although our wages do go up too, they always seem to go up last.

We therefore have to plan ahead, sometimes a year and a half to 2 years to get the best deals we can.

Parking for us at Southampton can be £100 for a week, but sometimes the trains can be more or less the same price from where we live and the travel time about the same. Suddenly the UK actually looks like a better deal for parking than the US.

What I am worried about more than anything is cruising returning to a state it was decades ago where only people with lots of money could afford it.

We have already made the decision to cut down our 2 annual holidays from 7 night cruises into 1 holiday with 12 to 15 night cruises to cut out air fare and hotels as they were starting to cost more than the cruise.

Hopefully in a few years, things may settle down again. Who knows? It would be a shame if we are expected to work and pay our taxes, but not be able take the holiday we want.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B

I gulped this year when Port Everglades parking jumped from $15 to $20 a day.  Then I realized that it had been $15 a day for most of the 10 years we've sailed out of there.  Port Everglades does have competition from good off-site companies (but we prefer garage parking and not dealing with the transfers) which Miami does not. 

The one time we sailed out of Miami right before covid on a chaotic traffic day in port we parked in a garage and said never again.  We sail next Saturday and have already decided to Uber to and from even though it will probably be slightly more expensive than driving.

Edited by capriccio

I about choked when I saw it was $30/day for my Octboer 15, 2023 cruise out of Miami.  Now, its gone up another $5.00/day.  Crazy.  It is at the point where you have to start considering port parking when choosing a cruise.  Rather than driving in the day of and parking, it may get to the point where it will be cheaper to stay one night in a hotel with extended stay parking and a free shuttle to/from the port....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I about choked when I saw it was $30/day for my Octboer 15, 2023 cruise out of Miami.  Now, it’s gone up another $5.00/day.  Crazy.  It is at the point where you have to start considering port parking when choosing a cruise.  Rather than driving in the day of and parking, it may get to the point where it will be cheaper to stay one night in a hotel with extended stay parking and a free shuttle to/from the port....

Many people choose to park at Port of Miami because they feel their  vehicle will be safer than many other Miami lots.  Select your Miami parking location with care.  Saving money is nice, but having an intact vehicle at the end of the cruise is more important.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Also, if you are disabled Veteran, with the DV license plate, your parking is free at the Miami and Fort Lauderdale Cruise ports.  You just show them your registration for the plate, and your Veteran ID Card at the gate when you leave...it is a big savings.

i think that is limited to Florida residents only since it is by Florida statute.

On 12/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, sailaway54321 said:

Checked the website 2 days ago, was listed at $25. a day, now $35

I’m not able to find the price on the website, I wish it was more clearly shown. Now we’re rethinking about parking at the terminal at the end of the month.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, captainkurt said:

Is Garage B exclusive to NCL?  How would NCL know when you enter Garage B if you are embarking from Terminal A?  Secondly, is it possible to park in Surface Lot C or Garage C and walk (safely on a sidewalk) to Terminal A?

I have the same question….