The Chocolate Surprise is…

Gr8daze

Hey folks, at the last minute Hal said we’d have a chocolate surprise at 9:30 but didn’t say where. We finally figured out from crew that it would be on deck 2. 

No display. None. The surprise is that it’s 15 - 20 minutes late (after you search for it) and eventually servers speed walk by you with trays super fast and don’t offer you any chocolate. I don’t know who managed to actually get any but it looked like chocolate covered raisins (maybe 4) and tiny tiny chocolate cupcakes. 

I mean come on, HAL, you really didn’t need anything more to highlight how far you have fallen. 

Edited by Gr8daze
Typo
  • Like 1

Personal opinion: the hoards of cattle that push aside everybody else and feel entitled to grab whatever is offered ( reminds me of the free samples at Costco ) make me avoid this event at all costs. 

BTW, I’ve NEVER seen it NOT clearly listed for the location.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

We found it to be a non event, not worth the time to go looking or waiting for it. It has gone downhill a long way from what it used to be.

WHAT?  You don’t like chocolate covered cheerios?  🤣 😂 🤣

• Haha 1

On Eurodam recently we were surprised by a cake event set up in the lido. They had 10-15 full size cakes and they were cutting slices and handing them out. The cakes were huge and looked very professional. They tasted amazing. The black forest and carrot cake were my favorites. It was a pleasant surprise that I hadn't seen advertised.

• Like 1

We enjoy the "pop up" surprise of dishing out chocolate to us......

Usually, we are manning our piano barstools at Billboard Onboard and the waiters pop out of nowhere offering me all kinds of chocolates on a silver tray.......

One time, we spotted "our" fixed dining waiter serving the chocolate and he made sure we go all the chocolate we could eat.  LOL.  

Being fed chocolate while singing along w/"Country Roads...take me home" is about as good as it gets for us!

Fun times. Enjoy the journey......

• Like 5

On the K last month the chocolate surprise was indeed waiters walking around with trays of something.  I say something as we weren't looking for it and stumbled upon it by accident going somewhere else and one waiter (there were 2) did approach my wife with an offer.  She turned it down so we don't know what it actually was.  It did resemble something like chocolate covered raisins, or something else of that shape.

9 hours ago, gknep said:

That was not my experience of the chocolate surprise on a September cruise on the Zaandam. 

Wasn't my experience either - last week on Eurodam.  The stewards were everywhere (on deck 2) and there were lots of treats.  The chocolate cheerios were a dud but everything else I tried was very good.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

WHAT?  You don’t like chocolate covered cheerios?  🤣 😂 🤣

18 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Wasn't my experience either - last week on Eurodam.  The stewards were everywhere (on deck 2) and there were lots of treats.  The chocolate cheerios were a dud but everything else I tried was very good.

Sue/WDW1972

oh my gosh!

And I thought @kazu was joking. Chocolate covered Cherrios - are Lucky Charms next?😜

• Haha 1