Recent Ruby cruisers

drafterdw

1 hour ago, drafterdw said:

Anyone who has sailed on Ruby in Nov. or Dec. The reviews I am reading are from Oct. and are terrible. I am hoping they have fixed their problems before my New Years cruise.

You have to take all negative reviews with a grain of salt. For every cruiser that has a negative opinion to share, there are also many others who walk off the ship happy with their trip.

If you have the time, I would highly recommend reading through this extensive live blog that wrapped up a few weeks ago:

3 hours ago, drafterdw said:

Anyone who has sailed on Ruby in Nov. or Dec. The reviews I am reading are from Oct. and are terrible. I am hoping they have fixed their problems before my New Years cruise.

She just came out of dry dock and took on passengers on October 22nd.  My neighbors were on that cruise and didn’t complain about any problems.  

10 hours ago, drafterdw said:

We sailed on a 14 day Circle Caribbean on Ruby, November 6 to 20. The ship is in great shape coming out of dry dock and the crew was fine. We encountered no problems.

We just got off the Ruby Nov 30th and had no issues at all.  They are coming out with new wine lists so wine was hit or miss. They were selling some wines by the bottle at discounted prices. The crew was all great.

• Like 1

We got off Nov, 20 and had a great time. We did notice nets over various pools for a day. The Terrace pool was our favorite sun spot and it was netted and drained on the last day.

It was always freezing and had fresh water not salt.

bob 

If you haven't sailed other Princess ship prior, you'll probably enjoy the Ruby. If you're accustomed to the Royal class ships then you'll most likely have a different view. 

Enjoy you trip even with it's limitations. 

Edited by MissP22

We had a group of four on the October 22nd cruise. There were a couple of issues, but they were either addressed to our satisfaction, or beyond the control of the cruise line.

The most annoying thing was almost daily charges for other passenger’s drinks. We both had Princess Plus, so there shouldn’t have been any charges. We eventually got them all removed, but it was an annoyance.

Secondly, we had a leak in our cabin ceiling that caused all of the lights to short out. They got the lights back on pretty quickly, but it took two additional visits to fix the leak. Again, not a big deal. None of our belongings were damaged and the work was completed within 48 hours of our request.

Two things beyond the control of the cruise line were missing our Panama City port due to civilian protests, and all four of us contracting Covid. This has absolutely nothing to do with the condition of the ship and it didn’t ruin our cruise. Luckily we didn’t start feeling sick until disembarkation day and three of us recovered. My aunt required a doctor visit and has been diagnosed with Long Covid. She’s at home, but still not well.

As for the food, service, activities, shows, etc., everything was good. We enjoyed ourselves. I think the Ruby is nicer than the Grand, or the Crown. I like the Royal a little better than the Ruby, but that’s my personal preference. I wouldn’t hesitate to sail on her again.

• Like 2

I sailed 11/6/23 and she was near full capacity. I thought it was fine. A few of the MDR crowd control issues that I had experienced on a 9/24/22 sailing had been ironed out.

I'd happily sail on it again, preferring it to any Royal class, even the newest ones. Another personal preference.

Walkingsoon

10 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The food on ALL the Royal class ships has always been heads above that of the Grand and Crown class ships mostly at the buffet and in the DR although I will say that the Ruby's DR food was great in Nov. 

rarely use the buffet and have been driven away from Royal class ships due to the sheer volume of noise in the piazza 

• Like 1

Recently off.  Zero issues.  The cabin decor looks a bit dated (you can squint and ignore it).  2008 ship, so you're not going to have stuff like USB-C in your cabin.  Overall, great upkeep and service.

Overall, very nice trip.

Edited by mk-ultra

Hello,

Moments ago I left a message to ask if our cruising group could give me some advice regarding bus transportation from West Palm Beach to the cruise terminal in Lauderdale that would be affordable, but not sure if it went through.

Thank You for your help and I appreciate any suggestions.

Terry