Anthem of the Seas - Balcony cabin

5 hours ago, neverprincess said:

Hi could anyone advise on the best Balcony cabin for three adults (2 over 65) and which deck on Anthem of the Seas

Hello @neverprincess and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted.

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line ship and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your new thread to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed on Anthem of the Seas frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic again! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

We have been on Anthem several times and will be on her next week and in Feb 2024.  We were in a Balcony (3 of us, DW & I ans Adult Son) in stateroom 11298.  It was fine.  We don't believe that any of out visits on Anthem have had bad rooms.  They have been either Balcony of Jr Suites.  Try to avoid the rooms with obstructed views and you will enjoy your cruise on Anthem.  

11 hours ago, neverprincess said:

Hi could anyone advise on the best Balcony cabin for three adults (2 over 65) and which deck on Anthem of the Seas

Make sure you avoid deck 6 ( obstructed views)

Make sure you avoid anything in the x680 area as it’s above the bus shelter smoking area

Make sure it’s a cabin with sofa bed not Pullman bed 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Make sure you avoid deck 6 ( obstructed views)

Make sure you avoid anything in the x680 area as it’s above the bus shelter smoking area

Make sure it’s a cabin with sofa bed not Pullman bed 

There are no pullman beds in balconies on Q class

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are no pullman beds in balconies on Q class

Thanks for the correction!  I was sharing with 2 girlfriends once and I was nominated to use the pullman... I have never laughed so much trying to climb into it...admittedly after a few drinks... ended up pulling the mattress onto the floor! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Thanks for the correction!  I was sharing with 2 girlfriends once and I was nominated to use the pullman... I have never laughed so much trying to climb into it...admittedly after a few drinks... ended up pulling the mattress onto the floor! 

Lol, definitely designed for kids. Probably why they stopped using them. 

• Haha 1

There are a lot of obstructed balconies on that class of ship.  Some obstructed balconies have better views than others.  There are threads about obstructed cabins if one wants to select specific ones.  All offer that private space, ocean air, and at least some view of the ocean when one is standing.  

Several people have advised you to avoid them, and that is certainly reasonable advice.  I’ll just point out that on some cruises there can be a substantial price difference between an unobstructed balcony and an obstructed balcony (or a guaranteed balcony booking which might result in an obstructed balcony assignment).  For some people, the budget says an obstructed balcony is the appropriate choice.  Or they might want to direct more of their budget toward other expenses (excursions, drinks, dining, shopping, whatever).  If you or someone else reading this thread feels this way, rest assured with the right attitude one can have a wonderful cruise in any cabin, including an obstructed one.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

There are a lot of obstructed balconies on that class of ship.  Some obstructed balconies have better views than others.  There are threads about obstructed cabins if one wants to select specific ones.  All offer that private space, ocean air, and at least some view of the ocean when one is standing.  

Several people have advised you to avoid them, and that is certainly reasonable advice.  I’ll just point out that on some cruises there can be a substantial price difference between an unobstructed balcony and an obstructed balcony (or a guaranteed balcony booking which might result in an obstructed balcony assignment).  For some people, the budget says an obstructed balcony is the appropriate choice.  Or they might want to direct more of their budget toward other expenses (excursions, drinks, dining, shopping, whatever).  If you or someone else reading this thread feels this way, rest assured with the right attitude one can have a wonderful cruise in any cabin, including an obstructed one.

I agree, once removed. I'm on the Anthem now with a  travel companion who also gets balcony cabins.  She has an obstructed balcony now and says it's just fine.  She is mid-ship in x660, which coincidentally will be my cabin next March. I found her cabin to be quite roomy, and the obstruction was not a problem.  She's very happy with it. Plus, it's mid-ship, so close to the elevator.

I tease her, because I have a "virtual balcony" 3 decks above her.  My view is better that hers!  Yesterday, I had a lovely view of the Colonial Beach / Lighthouse area in Nassau. Today it's the sky with fluffy clouds and REALLY calm water.

This VB of mine is at least 4-5 ft wide, and floor to ceiling high.  BIG view.

The only negative I've experienced in this b2b is I walked out of the bathroom yesterday morning to get dressed and was FREAKED for a few seconds by the heads of two crew staring at me!!!!  They were cleaning the camera lens.......😁

Edited by pcur
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I completely agree.  Deck 6 on Anthem has some great cabins. Some obstructions are minor and not all our obstructed.   Some nice Junior suites too.

Deck 6 is also great if you are able use steps to get to Deck 4 or 5 for the promenade, MDR, theaters, specialty restaurants, schnooers, 270 Cafe and theater and the diamond lounge.  

We love Deck 6

Edited by Sunshine3601

We sailed on Anthem back in March. Had cabin 6290. The view was obstructed by a life boat. You couldn't look straight down but you could see fine over the top of it which was just a little higher than the balcony floor. It has a larger than normal balcony. About 50% larger. Plenty of room for 3 people to enjoy together. We had 4 on it with no problem.The best part about this cabin was it was real close to the short cut thru the library and the stairway down into 270. We used that short cut a lot. I saved a ton by booking an obstructed view. YMMV. Would book this cabin again. Oh, it's on the port side, so it is on the opposite side of the bus stop smoking area, which is nice, btw, if you are a smoker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

We sailed on Anthem back in March. Had cabin 6290. The view was obstructed by a life boat. You couldn't look straight down but you could see fine over the top of it which was just a little higher than the balcony floor. It has a larger than normal balcony. About 50% larger. Plenty of room for 3 people to enjoy together. We had 4 on it with no problem.The best part about this cabin was it was real close to the short cut thru the library and the stairway down into 270. We used that short cut a lot. I saved a ton by booking an obstructed view. YMMV. Would book this cabin again. Oh, it's on the port side, so it is on the opposite side of the bus stop smoking area, which is nice, btw, if you are a smoker.

I have used that "secret" door many times. 😃

• Like 1

We were in cabins 12222, 10182, 6188 and soon 13190.

All very spacious. It was 2 of us, but they really do have lots of space.

1,2,4 have beds by balconies and #3 the other way. 
#3 and #4 with obstructed view, but the last is due to overhung.

We don’t have sues with either, but to avoid any issue, pick floors 10-12.

Just now, Tatka said:

We were in cabins 12222, 10182, 6188 and soon 13190.

All very spacious. It was 2 of us, but they really do have lots of space.

1,2,4 have beds by balconies and #3 the other way. 
#3 and #4 with obstructed view, but the last is due to overhung.

We don’t have sues with either, but to avoid any issue, pick floors 10-12.

We were just in 10644, which has a large balcony (unobstructed) and is right near the elevators. The large balconies are really deep!  It has the bed near the door, though, and this is not my preference.  Do all the large-balcony cabins have the bed near the door? Our Anthem cruise in March is in a regular balcony 9564, and the bed is near the balcony 🙂

Teddie

I think #6188 did have deeper balcony … even though it was obstructed, which didn’t bother me one bit. Deck six didn’t have inside cabins, maybe that’s why overall rooms + balconies are larger?

I have read that, for 3 people, 6160 is a largely unobstructed obstructed cabin. I have stayed in its twin (6560, which is a 2-berth) and that had a decent view. Although our view aft was blocked by the davit, we could see plenty water looking straight ahead. Definitely worth the cash savings for us.