New Photo Perks????

ValerieJo

34 minutes ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

Remember when they used to print all those photos out and put them in those shelves?  You would stand there and go through them looking for yours but you would see everybody else’s too.  That was a very long time ago!

I used to buy other people's photos. They were always better than mine.

• Haha 8

Couple of points re photos:

The offer applies to each member, and not cabin, so don't assume like I did that it was only one free per cabin.

Also, If you don't want a personal pic, the pictures of the ship itself are included in the offer, and make a lovely addition to my cruise folder, containing Cruise Compass, etc.

Both a bit obvious I know, but this idiot (me) missed out on a couple of cruises before he realised 😁

• Like 3

12 hours ago, colesc15 said:

So nice of royal caribbean to allow us to choose digital and it cost them 0 compared to the 50 cent cost printed version 😂

Yeah, this is about as big an enhancement as when they made a big deal out of giving us an extra bottle of water but took away the beer in the cabin.

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

Remember when they used to print all those photos out and put them in those shelves?  You would stand there and go through them looking for yours but you would see everybody else’s too.  That was a very long time ago!

Still happens that way on a few ships 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, George C said:

There also trying to charge extra for photos in specialty restaurants, we let them take pictures in wonderland and chops and they were trying to sell them with a photo book, all we were interested in was our free diamond photo, this was going to be extra .

On our B2B Panama Canal transits, there were so many Pins on board on both legs that they took a group photo after the top tier party (and then offered to sell it to the Pins)🙄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

Lol like the way grandeur was doing them last year when I last did grandeur. Grandeur photos hadnt been upgraded yet to the place where you could see them in print digitally.

On our last cruise, the pictures that turned out the best, were the ones taken at dinner.  The picures taken in front of the backdrops appeared as uncomfortable poses.

I think the change in the announcement is the 30% off photo package and photo book.

3 hours ago, hancock said:

The picures taken in front of the backdrops appeared as uncomfortable poses

We don’t let the photographer pose us. We’ve tell him to take the pictures the way we want to be seen, not how his little training book tells him.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

We don’t let the photographer pose us. We’ve tell him to take the pictures the way we want to be seen, not how his little training book tells him.

Agree. IMO, the so called photographers 🤣 are nothing but amateurs with expensive cameras. Useless benefit/perk as far as we are concerned. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have always received the digital ones.  Only exception was Allure the last couple times that just had printed ones. 

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

No I've gotten digital since we turned diamond early in 2022... For us the percentage off the second picture or package is the only difference I can see.

15 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

The free photo !has been digital for many years!

Well darn. Had I known this years ago we would not have dragged the printed photos home. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

The free photo !has been digital for many years!

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well darn. Had I known this years ago we would not have dragged the printed photos home. 

I also remember reading posts in the past of people getting home and unable to access the digital files.

• Thanks 1

We are Emerald, 2 points away from Diamond, and when we were on the ship in October we got BOGO 50%.  So two photos 25% off.  NBeen getting that for years. Now you only getting 1 for 30%.  Looks like we'll only be buying two pictures instead of 4.  It's kind of insulting when you think about how much these pictures will cost Royal.

Anyone know if the Diamond/Diamond+ 5 phones for $50 is still available?  It was always one of those offers that my parents had to ask about because it's never listed anywhere for years now.  They've always been able to get it by speaking to someone in the photo area, usually a manager/higher up.

Sorry, just another marketing gimmick to appear to provide another benefit..

rubbish…

like when RC leaked they were going to charge for pizza at Sorrento’s, then the CEO himself, stated…no way….

yet another planned marketing gimmick.

the hard working folks on the front line ships deserve some real leadership from Miami.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 11:31 PM, Rotherham_Cruiser said:

Couple of points re photos:

The offer applies to each member, and not cabin, so don't assume like I did that it was only one free per cabin.

Also, If you don't want a personal pic, the pictures of the ship itself are included in the offer, and make a lovely addition to my cruise folder, containing Cruise Compass, etc.

Both a bit obvious I know, but this idiot (me) missed out on a couple of cruises before he realised 😁

We always choose a ship photo and the best one of the 2 of us as our 2 free choices.

Nice Diamond perk 👍