Ship time vs Cabo time

cruisecrazybob

If there is a difference in time, Princess will have you move your clocks forward/backward to match the time of the next port call.  Unlike other cruise lines Princess always matches port time in every port I have been in.  It reduces the chances of leaving pax in a port due to a time difference.  

Just trying to figure out my schedule.  I called Cabo to book an excursion on Dec. 25.  The time difference between Cabo and where I live in Vancouver Canada is 2 hours.  The ship leaves our port on the 23rd and on a previous patter, it said that they have a time change of one hour on Dec. 24.  This leaves a 1 hour time difference But like all of you said, Princess usually has the same time as the cruise port so I need to figure this out.  

3 minutes ago, cruisecrazybob said:

Just trying to figure out my schedule.  I called Cabo to book an excursion on Dec. 25.  The time difference between Cabo and where I live in Vancouver Canada is 2 hours.  The ship leaves our port on the 23rd and on a previous patter, it said that they have a time change of one hour on Dec. 24.  This leaves a 1 hour time difference But like all of you said, Princess usually has the same time as the cruise port so I need to figure this out.  

Ummm, it's only an hour difference between Vancouver and Cabo.. better double check your times .. 

Vancouver is Pacific time  and Cabo is Mountain time. 1 hour difference... 

You'll go forward an hour one night after leaving home port, before arrival in Cabo, and go back and hour on the way back to home port... 

Cabo time, which is MST, in December is 1 Hour ahead of Vancouver which is on PST. I kind of think you will be sailing from L.A. on the 23rd. You will move your clocks ahead 1 hour either overnight on the 23rd/24th or overnight on the 24th/25th. My educated guess is on the overnight of the 23rd. When you arrive in Cabo both the ship and Cabo will be on the same time. Simple. 

The assertion that ship's time is always local time is wrong.  I am looking at a Patter right now:  "Please be advised hat ship's time is one hour behind local time in Puerto Vallarta."  This is common on the Mexican Riviera cruises.

On that particular cruise, the ship's clocks were set ahead one hour on embarkation night (2:00 a.m. the next morning, to be precise), and remained at that time (I think it was Mountain Time??, Pacific plus one) the entire cruise until the night before disembarkation, when we set the clocks back one hour (to Pacific time).  

Sometimes the ship's time is adjusted to Puerto Vallarta local time, but sometimes not.  

As to the OP's question, I have never seen Princess ship's time NOT be the same as local time in Cabo.  Once, when Daylight Savings Time ended, our "spring back" coincided with the time zone change, and they cancelled out.  I just watch the Patter and follow the instructions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Of course it is.   The people who post that just haven't been on enough cruises...

Which is why in the first reply I used the term "normally" because I am well aware that there are a few, and they are very few, exceptions to that.

Edited by david63

11 hours ago, Shippy said:

Just did a Princess Caribbean Cruise..

Ship time was NOT always on the 'real' time.

It drove me crazy as I have an Apple watch & it wanted to stay on 'real'time !

I don't know what you mean by real time. I have been on 40+ Princess cruises in various parts of the world. Except for the one exception of Puerta Vallarta Princess has always set ship times to match port times. At times moving the clocks ahead or back while at sea may not be exactly when the time zone line at sea is crossed. Believe it is best for those that use a cell phone for the time should set their phone to manual while at sea.  

3 hours ago, david63 said:

Which is why in the first reply I used the term "normally" because I am well aware that there are a few, and they are very few, exceptions to that.

You seem a little paranoid, as I wasn't even referring to you.

There are often, including in this thread, posts without any caveat.