Friday December 15th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

33 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I agree Jacqui. My dad told my sister and me not to dare write an obit. The people he loved already knew all about him.. I think I want to follow suit.

Oh I didn’t mean he shouldn’t do it Joy - it’s just a tough job to do.  I know from experience - it takes hours and you agonize and your heart breaks one more time. (At least it did for me).   it’s heartbreaking and you want to convey so much in a few words.  I admire @Niagarawine for doing the job.  Many cannot or do not want to.

If you don’t do an obit, those that loved the person don’t know they are gone.  You can’t reach everyone that someone touched in their life.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kazu said:

Oh I didn’t mean he shouldn’t do it Joy - it’s just a tough job to do.  I know from experience - it takes hours and you agonize and your heart breaks one more time. (At least it did for me).   it’s heartbreaking and you want to convey so much in a few words.  I admire @Niagarawine for doing the job.  Many cannot or do not want it. 

It was hard for me to  compose my son’s, took two days, lots of wine and tissues. After that I figured I could do anything. The cruise helped us so much to heal. My husband was recovering from throat cancer when our son passed away. Now he is in great health and hopefully no more health issues. You just put one foot in front of the other. Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer a holiday time.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh I didn’t mean he shouldn’t do it Joy - it’s just a tough job to do.  I know from experience - it takes hours and you agonize and your heart breaks one more time. (At least it did for me).   it’s heartbreaking and you want to convey so much in a few words.  I admire @Niagarawine for doing the job.  Many cannot or do not want to.

If you don’t do an obit, those that loved the person don’t know they are gone.  You can’t reach everyone that someone touched in their life.

@kazu My brother died in a motorcycle accident when he was in his early 20's. My dad was filled with grief, so I wrote a small obit in our tiny newspaper. (At the time Illinois required a certification of death in case there were an outstanding debt to collect) 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

It was hard for me to  compose my son’s, took two days, lots of wine and tissues. After that I figured I could do anything. The cruise helped us so much to heal. My husband was recovering from throat cancer when our son passed away. Now he is in great health and hopefully no more health issues. You just put one foot in front of the other. Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer a holiday time.

You are not a Debbie downer.  You are inspiring to me.  You moved on and that is hard to do.  You did more than one foot in front of the other - you moved on and cherished those you still had with you and life.  Inspiring ♥️  

edited to say - oops -  I just realized I said he in my prior post.  My apologies.

• Like 8

Good evening my friends.  This has been one of the wierdest days of recent times.  

Every time I tried to post my phone rang or some other thing happened. It was always with something I had to deal with.  

I have not been able to get anything done.

As usual I have not read the posts.  I started out fine this morning.  Then the phone rang,  Then the phone rang again, and again, and again and again, etc, etc, etc.

i don’t remember the phone ringing that much in one day as today.

So what is going on?

First to remind us of Jim’s MRI on Monday.  Okay.  I can deal with that.  Then I had to change Jim’s Dentist appointment on March 12 because we cannot be in two places at one time.  My appointment at the Mayo with the Rheumatologist takes precedence. The Dentist’s office was very cooperative so we are good to go.

Then I got a call from the Dematologist confirming what I already know.  He told me that i needed to have further treatment on both legs to have the areas of concern removed.  Someone will call me from scheduling.  Okay!

So then scheduling called to set up the treatment days.  They had a canellation.  Do I want it?  Sure, except it is the same day that Jim has to be at his Cognitive Exam.  No can do.  So the next available is Feb. 27.  Okay.  I will be there on Feb. 26 so I will stay another day.  Well, they changed the appt. For the 26 to the 27th so that I don’t have to stay two days.  (Are you bored yet?).   Then I have to call the hotel and change the reservation dates.  Arghhhhh!   Somebody who doesn’t know me and wants to charge me the full price.    So I have to explain he whole thing.

Then there is more and more.  i just could not keep up.  

There are days that the phone never rings.  Today it could not stop.

The last thing that really made me sad was that my friend who lives in England lost her husband last night.  It was expected, but never easy.  We only saw each other once a year when we had a timeshare in Barbados,  however became very good friends.   I am very sad and would love to go to the funeral but cannot leave Jim and cannot take him.  So I am between a rock and a hard place.  Maybe in the Spring we will both go to visit her.  

She is in a bad way.  She lost her brother in September and how her husband.

Been trying to do things all day and got nothing done.

So that is where I am.

Hope you all had a better day than I did.

God Bless,

Terri 

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6

42 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

The last thing that really made me sad was that my friend who lives in England lost her husband last night.  It was expected, but never easy.  

My condolences to you & your friend and her family on the loss of her husband 😢  I pray that she finds the strength to endure the loss and can find some solace in the memories, eventually 🙏 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kazu said:

My condolences to you & your friend and her family on the loss of her husband 😢  I pray that she finds the strength to endure the loss and can find some solace in the memories, eventually 🙏 

Thanks Jacqui.  He was a very sweet man.  We spent many happy times with them at our timeshare in Barbados.

Terri

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening my friends.  This has been one of the wierdest days of recent times.  ...

So that is where I am.

God Bless,

Terri 

Hugs, prayers, and condolences.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening my friends.  This has been one of the wierdest days of recent times.  

Every time I tried to post my phone rang or some other thing happened. It was always with something I had to deal with.  

As usual I have not read the posts.  I started out fine this morning.  Then the phone rang,  Then the phone rang again, and again, and again and again, etc, etc, etc.

So what is going on?

First to remind us of Jim’s MRI on Monday.  Okay.  I can deal with that.  Then I had to change Jim’s Dentist appointment on March 12 because we cannot be in two places at one time.  My appointment at the Mayo with the Rheumatologist takes precedence. The Dentist’s office was very cooperative so we are good to go.

Then I got a call from the Dematologist confirming what I already know.  He told me that i needed to have further treatment on both legs to have the areas of concern removed.  Someone will call me from scheduling.  Okay!

So then scheduling called to set up the treatment days.  They had a canellation.  Do I want it?  Sure, except it is the same day that Jim has to be at his Cognitive Exam.  No can do.  So the next available is Feb. 27.  Okay.  I will be there on Feb. 26 so I will stay another day.  Well, they changed the appt. For the 26 to the 27th so that I don’t have to stay two days.  (Are you bored yet?).   Then I have to call the hotel and change the reservation dates.  Arghhhhh!   Somebody who doesn’t know me and wants to charge me the full price.    So I have to explain he whole thing.

The last thing that really made me sad was that my friend who lives in England lost her husband last night.  It was expected, but never easy.  We only saw each other once a year when we had a timeshare in Barbados,  however became very good friends.   I am very sad and would love to go to the funeral but cannot leave Jim and cannot take him.  So I am between a rock and a hard place.  Maybe in the Spring we will both go to visit her.  

So that is where I am.

God Bless,

Terri 

Terri, I hope tomorrow is a quieter day, but glad you got all the appointments set.  Our condolences to you and Jim and to your friend in England on the death of her husband.  It's sad it happened so soon after she lost her brother.  I'm sure your friend knows you want to be there for her, but understands why that is not possible now.

Lenda

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Niagarawine said:

Pauline composed her mam and dad's Eulogy and we both composed my mam and dad's Eulogy and Father David came to our house and Pauline's late parents house and we chatted with him about their lives and he read out what we wrote in the Eulogy during their funeral services.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

So what is going on?

So that is where I am.

God Bless,

Terri 

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friends husband passing last night Terri.

My condolences to her and all of her friends and family who loved them.

• Like 4