Friday December 15th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

16 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I am on 6 aft. I hear rumor there is a secret deck there. 
what is a Kit Kat slice?  I must have missed that one. 

We're on 7 aft.  

Here is the recipe @erewhon posted here last month:

300 grams digestive biscuits

100 grams butter melted

250 grams condensed milk 

2 x 45 gram packs of Kit Kat  

100 grams Nestle  milk chocolate

Crush digestive biscuits in food processor.  In medium sized bowl,  mix together crushed biscuits,  butter and condensed milk.  Add chopped Kit Kat, fold into mixture.

Scoop mixture into an 8 x 8 cm baking tin, level  out the mixture, 

Refrigerate until set.

Melt milk chocolate pour over the set base.  leave to set.  

(Recipe says to add another 100g of  butter to the chocolate when melting, but I did not do so).

Of course I had to ask Google the substitutions for grams to ounces 😉  I'm guessing a little goes a long way, very sweet!  But oh my it looks good.  Oh and I just used a rolling pin and crushed the biscuits, seemed to be ok.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No cats or people to herd here. I try to donate some gifts, but others must be kept as the giver (usually BFF) will wonder where it is. I am much more a coffee person, but will occasionally have tea. Funny quote. Pass on the meal (fish), drink and wine. I haven't been to Fuerte Amador. 2 good days. I loved the film GWTW.

It's lovely here today. 51F and sunny. After a sleepless night, I was up early to go to PT. I did a little less there, as I had an appointment with a urogynecologist, whom I've waited a while to see. I signed in and was waiting on going in, when they called me to the desk saying I'd need to reschedule as the doctor had just tested positive for Covid! I wonder if she'd seen any patients earlier. While disappointed, I was glad not to be exposed to her. I'm rescheduled but not until March. It can wait, and the symptoms may even be related to my spinal issues. I guess it's time to start wearing a mask in certain places again. I'm sleepy, so I may try to get in a short nap later. I hope all in TX, FL and the Eastern Seaboard stay safe with the bad weather coming.

@Suslor @Crazy For Cats @Ichiban Nekko Bon Voyage!

@Ichiban Nekko Happy Anniversary!

@seagarsmoker Safe travels tomorrow to FL.

@aliaschief Safe travels to and from DD's.

@kazu I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for DBIL's DM.

@grapau27 That's a good looking dinner you had.

@cruising sister I think you'll enjoy the cabin upgrade; you deserve it! 

@Nickelpenny Someone posted on another site that Brazil wanted bank information for the visa, which they didn't want to provide for security reasons.

@smitty34877 I do hope your street is free of those workers soon; working that late implies that they want to get finished soon.

@marshhawk I hope the checkup went well.

@57redbird Sorry to hear of the post-op issues and I hope they resolve quickly. I didn't think they sent you home if you couldn't void on your own.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos.

@durangoscots What a mess, but I'm glad your luggage got picked up.

@summer slope Oh no on the tooth issue! I would have thought your dentist would have an emergency slot or just see you regardless, since you're a longstanding patient.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, summer slope said:

The Wheel cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Kilbeggan® Single Grain Irish Whiskey
½ part Aperol® Aperitif
¾ part Lime Juice
¾ part Simple Syrup
2 dashes of absinthe

Instructions
Combine ingredients, shake with ice and serve on the rocks.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 6.39.38 AM.png

• Like 4

Good afternoon.  While there is still a lot to do before the "kids" get here Friday night, the pressure is off.  The cookies are in the mail.  The ones for the neighbors are boxed and ready to deliver.  The Christmas candy is made.  The sorting and some other things can be done after Christmas if I run out of time.  I'll just stuff everything back in the closet if needed.

The other good news is we got the mail that was sent Monday, and also the missing mail that was sent December 4.  No telling where that envelope has been.

6 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Will go back and read the entire Daily later but I wanted to let you all know that my Luggage was picked up last night..... at 10:15pm. I was getting ready for bed and not in condition to see what was happening but I thought I heard a very faint doorbell ring....then slamming and banging in the hall.... then my doorbell rang followed by the slamming of the outside door. Dogs ran to my door but did not bark. By that time I got to where I could see the hallway and the luggage was gone. I think the UPS driver rang my downstairs neighbor's bell and she let him in.... he grabbed the luggage and fled. Anyway, LF says it has been picked up and is on its way. Geeesh!!! If they are going to do late night pickups they should let you know. I certainly was not going to leave the bags out on the porch overnight.

More later. Cold and sunny today. Weather looks good for the next few days. 

Susan

Susan, very happy your luggage was picked up, but at 10:15 pm.  Good Grief!

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm happy to see 3 days of sunshine and even a high of 56 F today!  

I'm all for cat herders, have never re-gifted and never will, and I like iced tea but not a fan of hot tea.

I'll also pass on the meal (spice) and drink but the wine sounds good. 🙂  I like the quote and love GWTW -- have read the book a few times and we own the movie. 

This will be a very busy weekend.  Today we'll pick up the DGSs after school, get them to a Taekwondo Christmas party, and then bring them home with us for the weekend.  We have a lot planned, some Christmas crafts, and a Christmas Lights viewing tomorrow night.  We went to the same one last year and it's the best in our area.  Then on Sunday the family will have our early Christmas gathering.  They're doing it early for us, so we can self-isolate before the cruise.  Trying our best to stay healthy before we leave!  

Prayers for all on the Care List and cheers for all celebrating.

Carolyn, enjoy the weekend with the family.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No cats or people to herd here. I try to donate some gifts, but others must be kept as the giver (usually BFF) will wonder where it is. I am much more a coffee person, but will occasionally have tea. Funny quote. Pass on the meal (fish), drink and wine. I haven't been to Fuerte Amador. 2 good days. I loved the film GWTW.

It's lovely here today. 51F and sunny. After a sleepless night, I was up early to go to PT. I did a little less there, as I had an appointment with a urogynecologist, whom I've waited a while to see. I signed in and was waiting on going in, when they called me to the desk saying I'd need to reschedule as the doctor had just tested positive for Covid! I wonder if she'd seen any patients earlier. While disappointed, I was glad not to be exposed to her. I'm rescheduled but not until March. It can wait, and the symptoms may even be related to my spinal issues. I guess it's time to start wearing a mask in certain places again. I'm sleepy, so I may try to get in a short nap later. I hope all in TX, FL and the Eastern Seaboard stay safe with the bad weather coming.

@Suslor @Crazy For Cats @Ichiban Nekko Bon Voyage!

@Ichiban Nekko Happy Anniversary!

@seagarsmoker Safe travels tomorrow to FL.

@aliaschief Safe travels to and from DD's.

@kazu I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for DBIL's DM.

@grapau27 That's a good looking dinner you had.

@cruising sister I think you'll enjoy the cabin upgrade; you deserve it! 

@Nickelpenny Someone posted on another site that Brazil wanted bank information for the visa, which they didn't want to provide for security reasons.

@smitty34877 I do hope your street is free of those workers soon; working that late implies that they want to get finished soon.

@marshhawk I hope the checkup went well.

@57redbird Sorry to hear of the post-op issues and I hope they resolve quickly. I didn't think they sent you home if you couldn't void on your own.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos.

@durangoscots What a mess, but I'm glad your luggage got picked up.

@summer slope Oh no on the tooth issue! I would have thought your dentist would have an emergency slot or just see you regardless, since you're a longstanding patient.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, sorry you have to wait to see that doctor, but good they found out about the positive test before you saw her.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Made it to daughter’s around 12:30. Traffic was heavy on I-10 but without incident. So far no wind or rain.

Bruce, good news you made it safely to your daughter's before the weather got really bad.

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We visited Fuerta Amador in January  9 2023 after leaving the Panama Canal.  We took a tree top jungle tour.  Saw some beautiful country and birds and one pet Coati.  

The last photo is of the Gehry Museum near the port. 

IMG_20230109_085258411_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_102334589_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_084122028_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_113114069.jpg

IMG_20230109_090059390_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_085110487_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_120346711_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_081625839_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230109_085833802_HDR.jpg

image.jpg

Nancy, thanks for the pictures from Panama.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Crazy For Cats welcome aboard! If you see us stop by and say hi!

1970.thumb.jpeg.6d326f023c0dcb583bfd436cc0bf8d7e.jpeg

Great picture of the two of you, Joy.

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much Joy.

Hugs back to you both from Pauline and me.

IMG-20230901-WA0000.jpg

Graham, a lovely picture of you and your wonderful bride.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  While there is still a lot to do before the "kids" get here Friday night, the pressure is off.  The cookies are in the mail.  The ones for the neighbors are boxed and ready to deliver.  The Christmas candy is made.  The sorting and some other things can be done after Christmas if I run out of time.  I'll just stuff everything back in the closet if needed.

The other good news is we got the mail that was sent Monday, and also the missing mail that was sent December 4.  No telling where that envelope has been.

Susan, very happy your luggage was picked up, but at 10:15 pm.  Good Grief!

Carolyn, enjoy the weekend with the family.

Vanessa, sorry you have to wait to see that doctor, but good they found out about the positive test before you saw her.

Bruce, good news you made it safely to your daughter's before the weather got really bad.

Nancy, thanks for the pictures from Panama.

Great picture of the two of you, Joy.

Graham, a lovely picture of you and your wonderful bride.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

• Like 4

No white Christmas in Hamilton this year, balmy and sunny. It is so weird. Oh well I can pretend I am in Fort Lauderdale minus the palm trees and cruise ships.boy I miss the Rotterdam and the lovely folks on board.

I hope Seasick and Mr. seasick are enjoying themselves.

I am now finishing some Christmas cards that I have painted to donate to the shelter here. I hope they sell, fund raiser for them. It was very cruel today because I just had the worst frozen pizza on the planet. My dh is not very selective when it comes to buying them. 
tomorrow is shepherds pie, which I cheat on by using baked potatoes and then put the mince on top of them. My mother would be cringing at this feeble attempt. She made the best ones ever . Then I will make carrot pudding. I hate making this but needs must,served with rum sauce at Christmas and heavy on the rum.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Niagarawine said:

Had to write the obit for my Father in law today, hope he would approve. He was a former secondary school teacher so no pressure.

Lucky you getting delegated the job.  It’s a hard job to do - I feel for you. 😔   I am sure you made him proud and I am certain he is grateful for your hard work ♥️ 

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

Lucky you getting delegated the job.  It’s a hard job to do - I feel for you. 😔   I am sure you made him proud and I am certain he is grateful for your hard work ♥️ 

I agree Jacqui. My dad told my sister and me not to dare write an obit. The people he loved already knew all about him.. I think I want to follow suit.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

Had to write the obit for my Father in law today, hope he would approve. He was a former secondary school teacher so no pressure.

While writing the obit must have been difficult, I'm sure it was a labor of love, and that you made him proud.

Lenda

• Like 11