Friday December 15th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Cat Herders Day, National Re-Gifting Day, and International Tea Day

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

Meal Suggestion for today - Contramar�s Red and Green Grilled Snapper
Drink of the Day - The Wheel
Wine of the Day - L. Mawby Tradition
Destination of the Day - Fuerte Amador, Panama

Today in History:
1488 Bartolomeu Dias returns to Portugal after becoming 1st known European to sail round the Cape of Good Hope
1939 "Gone With The Wind", drama film directed by Victor Fleming and starring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, premieres in Atlanta (Best Picture 1940, inflation not adjusted highest-grossing film of all time)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Castries, St Lucia Island 07:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 12-16

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas Dry Dock

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 12-16

Oosterdam

Buenos Aires, Argentina 08:00

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 ,15:00

Volendam

Santa Rosalia, Baja California Mexico 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Tortola Island BVI, Road Town, UK Virgin Islands 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination San Juan, Puerto Rico eta 12-19

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Jakarta, Java Indonesia eta 12-17

1215World.thumb.png.1d018536a6be418a1610239fce28950f.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 20

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Kazu’s DBIL’s DM with pancreatitis

Cruzin Terri with + skin biopsies and PMR not well controlled

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck not feeling well

Passing of StLouisCruisers’ cousin 12/12 from ALS

Passing of Niagarwine’s FIL 12/13

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Hurricane victims in TN

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

57Redbird recovering from spinal fusion surgery

1Angelcat’s friend Lynda’s DH Bill, on Hospice care, nearing the end

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Suslor (Susan & Lorenzo)!

Bon Voyage Crazy For Cats (Jake & Juan)!

Bon Voyage Ichiban Nekko (Cat & Dave)!

Happy 33rd Anniversary Ichiban Nekko (Cat & Dave)!

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, and on CPAP 

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with good report from doctor/good bloodwork results

Aliaschief visiting DD for her and DGD’s birthdays

RMLincoln’s travels to TX for granddaughter’s wedding

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Seagarsmoker (Nieuw Statendam Dec 17 to Dec 27, Southern Caribbean)

2 days for Petunia1950 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 17 to Dec 27, Southern Caribbean)

4 days for St Pete Cruiser (Zaandam Dec 19 to Jan 4, Southern Caribbean Holiday)

6 days for Haljo1935 (Koningsdam Dec 21 to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday)

7 days for Richwmn (Volendam Dec 22 to April 21) 12d Mexico & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 6 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise

7 days for Nickelpenny (Zuiderdam Dec 22 to Jan 3) 12d Panama Canal Sunfarer Holiday

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob(Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands), LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, E. Caribbean), Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, E. Caribbean), POA1 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, Eastern Caribbean), Suslor(Rottendam to Dec 22, Eastern Caribbean), Crazy For Cats (Rotterdam to Dec 22, Eastern Caribbean), Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam to Jan 5, B2B, 7d Eastern Caribbean + 14d Western/Tropical Caribbean), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)) andLindaler (Volendam to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage)

• Like 28
  • Thanks 17

Good morning dailyites and thank you for the daily report.

Going to pack today as we are leaving early tomorrow morning for Florida.

For those who watch the sailaways, the weather this weekend looks bleak. If we leave between 4 and 5 on Sunday, we should be on our balcony. We are in cabin 7084 (port side, right across from the Neptune lounge), which is close to the middle of the ship. With the NA being delayed by two days, I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed our cruise as well. If I hear anything today, I will let everyone know.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

20231104_055501.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Clear and not too cold this morning. 

Interesting days.  I often feel like I'm herding cats.  I loved that commercial.  I don't have anything to re-gift.  I'm enjoying a cup of English Breakfast tea right now.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink, not sure about the wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.

Have a great day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Feels like December here with a temp of 33, but we will enjoy sunshine again today with a high of around 58.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for December 15!

Interesting days of celebration.  I have the feeling cat herders day refers to keeping everything together during this busy time of the year.  Everybody has their opinion about re-gifting but if you do that try to gift the item to someone other than the original giver!  Tea is a popular beverage but during these cold days hot tea is the way to go.  Nice quote.  I will pass on the grilled snapper, cocktail and the wine.  The day in history items are certainly at opposite ends of the spectrum.  Thanks again to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports!

Prayers  for all on our Care list, and special prayers for Vanessa @JazzyV who has experienced such horrific pain lately.  Hoping the neurosurgeon can do something for you.  Prayers also for my DB and friends, the people of Israel and Ukraine, our US military in harm's way, and for the return of the hostages. 🙏 Prayers for those hostages recently found dead and their grieving families.  🙏

Happy Anniversary to Dave and Cat @Ichiban NekkoMay all our cruisers departing soon have a wonderful cruise. 🚢 Hurray to all on the Celebration list no matter what your celebration.🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping.  ❤️ 

The port this morning is Fuerto Amador, Panama.  We saw this port here on Sept. 12, 2021 and March 22, 2022.  I don't believe I've been there before so no photos again today.  Here are the links for you to retrieve your photos and post them here for us to review.  Thank you in advance!

I'm off to my hair appointment this morning and a little grocery shopping.  Hoping everyone enjoys their Friday!  Stay well, stay safe! 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the TGIF report.  I think a lot of our people will relate to cat herders day.  I'm not into re-gifting but enjoy tea.

I bicycled into my 50's and like the Wells quote.

2 great days in history, saluting Dias but not sure if I've actually seen Gone With the Wind.

Been to Fuerte Amador several times including Prinsendam's final Grand South America. 

I'll pass on the Snapper.  My alternative is Citrus Compote with Honey Raisins, Parmesan Crusted Turkey Tenderloin, and Peach Frangipane Tart, as served on MS Prinsendam December 15, 2013.

No medical appointments but still a very busy day including a memorial service for a church member.

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Awaiting the break of dawn and we will be on our way to St. John’s, Fl which is right below Jacksonville. Looks like a stormy and very wet weekend ahead of us and others along East Coast.

So back to packing up car. Two day trip should be simple but we are bringing some food and frozen food stuff that we don’t want to keep for our six month cruise.

Thanks for the Reports and Post. Will catch up later. Have a great  weekend and Bon Voyage to our upcoming cruisers. Bruce

image.jpeg.2384ad14d9781c3f4c16161bb82385ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.54791f14fb4488f500480f5079cd9523.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ef5469176b37bab215225a495f6d4bc2.jpegimage.jpeg.0008b41c43e87767f4db50e10379edd7.jpegimage.jpeg.3f5a85e67d498038a815bd1b7f4b2b33.jpegimage.jpeg.740bfc743aed7053966d30589625dfdf.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 24

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich

& thanks Ann, Debbie, Dixie & Vanessa.

I’ve been called a cat herder on cruise ships for tours, etc.  Sometimes it can feel that way 😂 My order for yummy teas for me & gifts is arriving today so I think I can celebrate tea today.   I don’t re-gift.  LOL on the Wells quote.

IMG_1909.thumb.jpeg.c7f59bb0176e5507b8f796e0e1073222.jpeg

Yum on snapper.  Have to wait for Ann to decide on the wine.  Love Gone with the Wind - the book and the movie.  It’s hard for any movie to be as good as the book but they sure tried hard in the lengthy Gone with the Wind movies 👍 

IMG_1916.jpeg.df233b80f2518a19ec8c28b349039504.jpeg

I only got 1/2 the things done on my lengthy list yesterday so my goal will be to finish it today 🤞 I do tend to be overly ambitious on my lists & miscalculate the time some things take LOL.  Sadly things are not going well for my DBIL’s DM - further complications including sepsis.  I fear this does not bode well 😔 

IMG_1911.thumb.jpeg.e449453cb13eacf5c2f096a1ee163365.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, worries & those that need them. 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1907.thumb.jpeg.356e022352d1b5b4acfc0ec199a9fa4c.jpeg

Have a Good Friday everyone.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Good morning Daily-ites from day 21 onboard the beautiful Rotterdam.

We are docked in Fll and everyone knows the chaos that ensues.

I have a feeling we will have quite a few tots on board. The week is split up a bit. This week we dock again on Friday the 23rd. Next week will be Christmas week. We will see where everything falls.

I'm always happy about this next leg. I enjoy Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Thomas.

I'm sorry to hear about the deaths posted the last few days. Prayers for those who are still ill and in pain. 

Congratulations to our friends here celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. 

Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

• Like 33

Good afternoon.

It is 46°F and cloudy here.

Thank you for today's discussion topics Rich.

I bet a lot of people regift presents they didn't like.

I will give today's food and drink a miss preferring the Haddock and chips we had for dinner last night.

Nice to see so many people cruising or due to cruise.

I hope everyone is feeling good today and looking forward to today.

IMG_20231214_175630.jpg

IMG_20231214_184832.jpg

Screenshot_20231215_122115.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I am up early today after a sleepless night. I have so much going on and my mind would not rest. I tend to overthink things and rethink over and over again. I see a nap on my future. I decided to take an upgrade on my cabin. I have always been a little hesitant about an OV due to some claustrophobic and depressive tendencies I have without more light and open space. My DS is so supportive and told me to do it. He knows my unreasonable relationship with money from being a young single mom and always reassures me he is there for me if I need him which I won’t. It’s complicated. I would give away that amount of money in a heartbeat if someone needed it but to spend on myself no way. 

Molly is sticking to me like glue. She even waits outside the bathroom door. She is in for a rude awakening in a couple of weeks. The last of my medicine arrived so I feel better about that one. My Kindle died yesterday. I tried resetting/rebooting to no avail. I ran out to Best Buy and bought a new paperwhite with more memory. I really like the screen so maybe a blessing in disguise. 

Enough about me. Prayers for those in pain which seem to be quite a few on the daily. I hope Susan gets her luggage off safely today. Such a long day of waiting for her. 

Have a great day!

• Like 36

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Glad to read that you will have internet while on your cruises! Super windy yesterday and today. Still not sure about the rain tomorrow.  @aliaschief Bruce, be careful out there. Really strong wind gusts!

I have to celebrate Cat Herders Day! 
My CC name comes from my TNR days in Maryland! When I first moved there, I lived in an Annapolis condo that had a large number of feral and abandoned cats in the neighborhood.  I hooked up with a local TNR group to get it under control. One Christmas a young neighbor, who helped me feed them, gave me a card thanking me for being a Cat Shepard - I kept the spelling when I joined CC a few years later.

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our happenings. Praying that you get relief for your pain and sleep deprivation soon. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores and dinner with family & friends at our favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate the season. 

IMG_2164.jpeg.711d32328b4550c6a330d24fa6ab74fa.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg.9529aad1e80e0ba45912e291f6387c72.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg.f2391318f54dc5b017ab408c51846fb6.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain and conditions. And those dealing with the loss of loved ones.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

L. Mawby Tradition

I have failed you, Dailyites! I could not find any distributor info about Tradition. I did find info about this vintner’s 50th Anniversary sparkling wine and another of their sparkling wines, but they do not even mention Tradition on their own website! The Anniversary sparkling wine costs $35.00, the other one costs $19.99. This is my first wine from Michigan! BTW this vintner also sells a wine named Sex!😎

But we know it exists, or at least existed because Wine Enthusiast rated it 87 back in 2019.

Made predominantly from Chardonnay with 10% Riesling, this displays autolytic aromas of sourdough, with gooseberries, lime-pith and grapefruit notes. Bubbles are large and foamy on the slippery palate and offer restrained flavors of lemon oil, lemon curd, almond croissant and biscuit. Grapefruit zest introduces the finish transitioning to puff pastry, pine nut and just a whisper of bitter lime.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 6

Good Morning to All and thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  Even though I have only one cat, I do have to herd her alot!!  I don't normally re-gift and I like iced tea better than hot tea.  I bet the snapper will be delicious, I will pass on the drink, unsure of the wine, and never been to the port.  Gone With the Wind is one of my fav movies and cool about Dias!!

Did absolutely nothing yesterday; today I picked up a subbing gig for a friend - HS PE.  This definitely will be my last until the new year.  I did apply for my Brazilian visa; boy do they want a lot of info.  Hopefully, I hear before I leave if they accept it or not.

Condolences to those who lost loved ones.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

ScreenShot2023-12-12at05_48_57.thumb.png.d1f43e873cba63dee71215304709d828.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning dailyites and thank you for the daily report.

Going to pack today as we are leaving early tomorrow morning for Florida.

For those who watch the sailaways, the weather this weekend looks bleak. If we leave between 4 and 5 on Sunday, we should be on our balcony. We are in cabin 7084 (port side, right across from the Neptune lounge), which is close to the middle of the ship. With the NA being delayed by two days, I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed our cruise as well. If I hear anything today, I will let everyone know.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

20231104_055501.jpg

Safe travels tomorrow. The wind is supposed to make it challenging on the East Coast. We expect rain, but the storm’s track will determine how much. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Friday Morning from a cloudy and windy day at the beach

Our weather forecast for the weekend is miserable.  People have been advised to secure Christmas decorations as high winds are predicted. Dont want to see a lot of inflatables flying thru the air!

I did play golf yesterday, it was a challenge but had fun.

I enjoy a good cuo of tea. Still occasionally ride my bike, the old fashioned pedal one, not these electric ones.

Gone with the Wind is a movie favorite . I have read the book and watched the movie several times.

@Ichiban Nekko A very Happy Anniversary. Have a wonderful trip!

@aliaschief   Safe travels today and enjoy the weekend with your DD and GD.

Have a cardiology appointment today and then some errands. Going to try and get things done before the weather comes in.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26

Happy Friday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Sunny and a little warmer today. Nothing much planned except for finishing preparations for family coming tomorrow. 

It's hard to herd my cats as they tend to go off in multiple directions. 

Bon voyage to all who are sailing. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.5ddd1730f87f33f980be1c6065bd9462.png

image.png.a97f62a8f46bb1e6a1a6503e118184f1.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 11