Brazil VISA HELP

Boatie 1

My husband and I are so frustrated with the Visa app..After being rejected twice we went to Visa Central.com paid the $325. each (our siister in law going with us). We have sent in all the requirements  (now 3 x's even with them the person we spoke very unpleasant so  reuploading bank statements, photos of our passports(too shiny)etc....and now again rejected! Has anyone obtained the Visa. At this rate there is going to be an empty ship. 

Boatie

Do not attach your real bank statement. Open a new bank account at different bank and deposit $2k. Then get them to print statement to attach. Then transfer most of the money out of the account. Fraud is rampant in Brazil. Many people are setting up a “travel” account to use for Visa purposes since counties are requiring US and Canadian citizens for bank info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silkismom said:

Which cruise are you on? We are on the Voyager on Mar 9. Don't have our flts yet, so can't even start. 

"the inside cabin" on South America category has a blog which could help. 

We are also waiting for our flights for our March 19 sailing on Voyager. We were also going to use Visa Central. Doesn’t sound promising. 
Viking is recommending Genvisa.com. I will follow their board to see if they are having any luck.

Lots of posts on the rollcall for the Voyager itinerary that precedes my 2 February itin. They are all commenting on difficulty/impossibility of doing the on-line Brazil visa. Well, maybe one poster was successful. I embark in BsAs so haven’t been reading those posts diligently.

Good luck to all!

• Like 2

It certainly looks like a lot of hassle. My Jan 12th Voyager TA to Rio is wide open cabin wise - wonder if the visa situation is anything to do with it. 

Lucky for us we are in the UK so have no issues with a visa. 

I broken-heartedly and with a few tears cancelled my March 9 Voyager cruise over this issue.  My financial advisor advised me not to send this info to Brazil.  This may be extreme, but I was truly uncomfortable doing so and did not want to take on the stressful application process that so many seem to be experiencing.  I hope all of you get good results and have a wonderful cruise.  I will be following along in spirit.  This was to be our fist Regent cruise and I hope I can rebook another in the near future.

• Like 1

annmarz - I'm very sorry you had to cancel this cruise.  I can understand your decision, however.

I'm not sure why Regent has not stepped in quickly and proactively to offer more hands-on and immediate assistance to their booked customers.  "What kind of assistance should Regent be offering" (some on this board will undoubtedly say)?  I have no idea...but I'm not the company (Regent) that's selling an upcoming itinerary which includes a country that "my paid customers" are finding impossible/impractical to get a visa for!  And of course, it's all once again happening after the "final payment date"!

I would have thought that long before now, Regent would have "identified" this major stumbling block that is adversely impacting their customers and would have rushed in some "staff experts" and resources to adress "the problem" and would already have a "fix" to help their customers out and make things easier for their customers!

Once again...It all gets back to the question of "when" (exactly) does the "luxury cruise experience" actually begin?   

• Like 6

This is an interesting thread.  We had a cruise through SE Asia in 2019 that included a post-cruise tour to Xian, China.  Since group tours could get a group visa through the tour agency we did not alert on the necessity to get a visa, nor did Regent inform us we needed a visa.  So, long story short, we had to secure a visa in early January for a mid-February cruise.  This involved an exacting application that would be rejected with one mistake, sending passports to the nearest Chinese embassy, and praying all would be resolved and passport returned by the date we would fly out.  We managed, but we talked to other guests who cancelled this once in a lifetime trip because someone in Miami dropped the ball.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

annmarz - I'm very sorry you had to cancel this cruise.  I can understand your decision, however.

I'm not sure why Regent has not stepped in quickly and proactively to offer more hands-on and immediate assistance to their booked customers.  "What kind of assistance should Regent be offering" (some on this board will undoubtedly say)?  I have no idea...but I'm not the company (Regent) that's selling an upcoming itinerary which includes a country that "my paid customers" are finding impossible/impractical to get a visa for!  And of course, it's all once again happening after the "final payment date"!

I would have thought that long before now, Regent would have "identified" this major stumbling block that is adversely impacting their customers and would have rushed in some "staff experts" and resources to adress "the problem" and would already have a "fix" to help their customers out and make things easier for their customers!

Once again...It all gets back to the question of "when" (exactly) does the "luxury cruise experience" actually begin?   

Regent could not have done anything ‘long before now’ because the Brazil requirements just came out a little over a week ago, and no one knew what they would be asking for. The general assumption is that an e-Visa is less complicated than a consular visa, so I am sure that everyone was surprised. I agree that now they should be proactive in helping their customers.

Interestingly, we are on the South America Grand Voyage right now that goes to Brazil in January and there has been no mention of any visa requirement from Regent. It does not concern us since we have the previous 10 year visas that are still valid, but I am interested to see what happens.

1 hour ago, forgap said:

This is an interesting thread.  We had a cruise through SE Asia in 2019 that included a post-cruise tour to Xian, China.  Since group tours could get a group visa through the tour agency we did not alert on the necessity to get a visa, nor did Regent inform us we needed a visa.  So, long story short, we had to secure a visa in early January for a mid-February cruise.  This involved an exacting application that would be rejected with one mistake, sending passports to the nearest Chinese embassy, and praying all would be resolved and passport returned by the date we would fly out.  We managed, but we talked to other guests who cancelled this once in a lifetime trip because someone in Miami dropped the ball.  

Absolutely! 

We may have been on your post-cruise to Xian (February 2019??)

On Cruise Critic Roll Call one very knowledgeable woman said we needed a visa for China for this. I called Regent multiple times (we were using a Regent TA at that time) and was always told that we did NOT because we were on a tour.

The woman was adamant we did.  This question went on until late December.

This post tour was most of the reason we booked the cruise.

The problem was that we were going to Egypt in January and only had three weeks between that trip and leaving for Asia.

The wonderful Cruise Critic Roll Call lady helped us (by email) get everything ready for visa - it was complicated!! The day we returned from Egypt, we over-nighted our application and passport to a service with expedited fees.

Got passport with visa back in time!

So so glad we did!  On the day we were leaving for Egypt, Regent FINALLY sent us an email that we did indeed need a visa.

We could never have completed that application and sent passport in time, expedited or not.

We would have missed by far the best tour we ever took. Not only were the terra cotta warriors incredible, the whole tour was terrific.

Lesson learned - always check the state dept. site for what you need and not rely on TAs, cruise line, etc.

• Like 2

Ha!  That was me!  It was one of the most memorable trips we ever took.  Remember how exhausted we were?  It was non stop and each thing we did was better than the last.  But, the warriors were amazing and the highlight of the tour!image.thumb.jpeg.97707df567295d2d11cbcda55618d496.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc521a08c5ef6975b1de33c0ba06ab6e.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forgap said:

39 minutes ago, forgap said:

Ha!  That was me!  It was one of the most memorable trips we ever took.  Remember how exhausted we were?  It was non stop and each thing we did was better than the last.  But, the warriors were amazing and the highlight of the tour!image.thumb.jpeg.97707df567295d2d11cbcda55618d496.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc521a08c5ef6975b1de33c0ba06ab6e.jpeg

Oh my. You are the wonderful Cruise Critic Roll Call lady!

Thanks again!

If anyone can get to Xian - please go.

But get your visa first.

6 minutes ago, mom0f3 said:

This is wonderful, thank you!   Regent should send this to everyone and pay you royalties.  

From what I've seen and heard so far (actually, from what I've NOT seen or heard...) Regent seems to be totally/corporately dis-engaged from this entire issue that's now being faced by their customers at the last moment.  I'm not "bashing" here.  I'm just totally surprised/disappointed that Regent (remember - the Luxury Cruise Line) doesn't seem to be actively reaching out to help (provide assistance, advice, or guidance) to their affected customers??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CardowMD said:

Can you take care of this process by taking all documents to Brazilian embassy? This seems like a very complicated procedure…

First of all you need a consulate or perhaps an embassy will work as well.  Believe the only embassy is DC but, many consulates around the US.  About 10 years ago we needed a Brazil visa for a world cruise.  Luckily we have a consulate here in Houston.  Filled out the forms, went in and in less than an hour we had the visas in our passports.

Hopefully you can get a true visa at a local consulate rather than the impossible evisa more easily

• Like 2

The Frustration continues...Regent has been NO help except to give us the Visa Central contact costing us additional, but that would be okay if we had a positive result. Finally after 5 different uploads and many hours back and forth with our TA and Visa Central (not that cooperative) my husband, we think, has a visa.  I have been disqualified again as I didn't have round trip air!!! and was using my husband's bank statement. This alone is disconcerting....we now have, our bankers alerted even though our bank statements had all numbers crossed out.  It is so ridiculous. I am disappointed that Regent hasn't been more proactive. We would not book, if we had known all this harassment.

I pray this trip will be worth it. I normally have a positive outlook but I have lost my sense of humor.!!!

Boatie

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rallydave said:

First of all you need a consulate or perhaps an embassy will work as well.  Believe the only embassy is DC but, many consulates around the US.  About 10 years ago we needed a Brazil visa for a world cruise.  Luckily we have a consulate here in Houston.  Filled out the forms, went in and in less than an hour we had the visas in our passports.

Hopefully you can get a true visa at a local consulate rather than the impossible evisa more easily

Our local consulate does not seem to answer their phone.  Was thinking of traveling to the consulate in LA, but we have a trip planned for the Christmas week, and we have a Regent cruise in February, then the cruise to Brazil in March.  Hopefully, we have enough time to get this damned visa.  Otherwise, it may just be time to give up and cancel.

ETA: And this cruise is definitely not worth it to me, as I am in a wheelchair, and the majority of the ports in Brazil are not accessible to me, so I will be spending most of the Brazilian part of the cruise enjoying the amenities on Voyager.  This is beyond ridiculous at this point that I am being made to jump through this many hoops for a country that I will barely be seeing.

Edited by ysolde
  • Like 3

We still have not be able to get our EVisas for Brazil. We have been uploading and reloading trying

to please the POWERS that be. Regent has been NO help. I thought that this was a Luxury Cruise line and that being a frequent cruiser with them for over 20 years would have some pull but they have washed their hands of this matter!!!

My husband and I are curious as to whether anyone has been able to obtain the EVisa!! 

We would love to hear if so. We have trip insurance but the lack of the required visa is not a reason for reimbursement!!!

Boatie

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Boatie 1 said:

We still have not be able to get our EVisas for Brazil. We have been uploading and reloading trying

to please the POWERS that be. Regent has been NO help. I thought that this was a Luxury Cruise line and that being a frequent cruiser with them for over 20 years would have some pull but they have washed their hands of this matter!!!

My husband and I are curious as to whether anyone has been able to obtain the EVisa!! 

We would love to hear if so. We have trip insurance but the lack of the required visa is not a reason for reimbursement!!!

Boatie

And just what do you think Regent or any cruise line for that matter should or could do with a foreign government to get your visa issued 

this is extremely important and sad  but appears Brazil is simply reacting to something the US did and there is no company in the entire world that could help those of you not able to get your visas issued. 

Edited by rallydave
  • Like 5

A possible ray of sunshine….  

An acquaintance of my wife is departing on a world cruise (not Regent) January 2 that goes up the Amazon. Of 2,000 passengers about 3 have their visas. Apparently the cruise line has agreed to let passengers aboard if they have at least submitted the paperwork to Brazil. If that’s correct maybe Regent will do the same?

• Like 1

I have to get on a flight to Rio to get on the Regent Voyager and Delta will not allow boarding without the visa so only hope is that Brazil gets the visas issued!  Day 5 and still under check!

I did read that the Brazil government is aware of the problems and they may be considering delaying the visa requirement - they definitely have a problem and with Christmas approaching you know that is just going to increase delays.  Plus Carnival is huge and I would think they really don’t need cancellations.

• Like 1