Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

Sad to learn today that Mark’s rest hasn’t helped his hand so he is leaving us tomorrow. He will definitely be missed. Hope he can soon be back aboard a Viking ship and entertain others the way he has us.

IMG_4405.jpeg

A while back somebody booked on a future world cruise asked for the Indian overland itinerary. Below are pictures of what our trivia team mates received initially.  This is for the A group that got to go to the Taj Mahal twice, not the B trip that only went once. Our friends decided to cancel as they weren’t up to the multiple and long flights so this may not reflect the final actual trip. 

IMG_4402.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

IMG_4404.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Clay Clayton said:

Sad to learn today that Mark’s rest hasn’t helped his hand so he is leaving us tomorrow. He will definitely be missed. Hope he can soon be back aboard a Viking ship and entertain others the way he has us.

IMG_4405.jpeg

Clay, thanks for posting this.  We have heard this very sad news, too.  Mark has been an absolutely wonderful entertainer.  The number of songs he has added to his repertoire during our time with him has been incredible.  We, too, wish him all the best for a speedy recovery and ability to return to music soon.

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_4405.jpeg

That is sad, I loved the sing-a-longs

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

A while back somebody booked on a future world cruise asked for the Indian overland itinerary. Below are pictures of what our trivia team mates received initially.  This is for the A group that got to go to the Taj Mahal twice, not the B trip that only went once. Our friends decided to cancel as they weren’t up to the multiple and long flights so this may not reflect the final actual trip. 

IMG_4402.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

IMG_4404.jpeg

Just curious, did they pay originally and were refunded, or were they able to cancel prior to payment? Non-refundable or refundable credit issued? None of your business is also acceptable. 

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_4405.jpeg

How did Mark injure his hand (if it's okay to share that info)?  Mark is the best guitar player we've come across on Viking.

4 minutes ago, Pappri said:

Just curious, did they pay originally and were refunded, or were they able to cancel prior to payment? Non-refundable or refundable credit issued? None of your business is also acceptable. 

Frankly I didn’t ask them but they did say it took awhile and some negotiations to cancel it.  

Just now, millybess said:

How did Mark injure his hand (if it's okay to share that info)?  Mark is the best guitar player we've come across on Viking.

From what I’ve heard it’s likely carpel tunnel or tendinitis, he didn’t play for several days and hoped it would resolve. But he was scheduled to play a day or two ago and when it came time, I was told he said “ I can’t feel my hand”.  So better for him to not injure it any further and get it fixed.   Agree with you and will greatly miss him.  

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed the “Formal” Dinner tonight. 

Pictured are

-Goat cheese soufflé 

-Snow Crab Timbale

-White Tomato Cappuccino (needed more tomato)

-Onion Soup (needed cheese I am told)

-Lobster

-Filet

-Cannoli (we’re still crunchy I am told)

-Soufflé 

Lots of Officers and others visiting tables, generally a wonderful atmosphere. Given how busy the restaurant was, have to believe Mexican Night at the World Cafe was a ghost town. 

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4415.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

IMG_4417.jpeg

IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi Sky World cruisers. I have been happily following along with you. We are picking up the Sky on May 6 for the British Isles cruise. The Viking schedule shows us departing from Greenwich; however, Cruise Mapper shows the Sky in Tilbury on May 6. Can anyone confirm where you will be docking on May 6?  Thanks.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:28 AM, Penspack said:

Thanks for the kind words. But you do realize that was 1 spreadsheet out of the thousands I have created…😃 It was one of the rare ones….

I may have totally missed it, but did you create a spreadsheet for the excursions for the revised itinerary around Africa.  My husband and I will be on the 2024-25 World Cruise, and all of the information that current cruisers have generously posted is invaluable to us.  

Even if there is no spreadsheet, a copy of the excursions would be very welcome in case we also take this route!

6 hours ago, dottythecat said:

Hi Sky World cruisers. I have been happily following along with you. We are picking up the Sky on May 6 for the British Isles cruise. The Viking schedule shows us departing from Greenwich; however, Cruise Mapper shows the Sky in Tilbury on May 6. Can anyone confirm where you will be docking on May 6?  Thanks.

Our current schedule shows us anchoring in Greenwich on May 5 overnight and disembarking on May 6. 

Posted (edited)

Wonderful surprise when we got back to our room after dinner last night! I finally had the always available chicken dinner in The Restaurant -tasty.

Happy Easter!

IMG_4499.thumb.jpeg.370dea076b0b2325a9cb53c36967ddca.jpeg

IMG_4498.jpeg

IMG_4435.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Neptune got one egg….

Shall I leave some of ours on the pier in Réunion for you?

I can also leave some of the chocolate work they did for the Easter lunch today if you’d like. 😂

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Shall I leave some of ours on the pier in Réunion for you?

I can also leave some of the chocolate work they did for the Easter lunch today if you’d like. 😂

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

Wow, these are impressive.  I mean, they're always impressive, but for some reason, these are real standouts!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 11:38 PM, Kountess said:

I may have totally missed it, but did you create a spreadsheet for the excursions for the revised itinerary around Africa.  My husband and I will be on the 2024-25 World Cruise, and all of the information that current cruisers have generously posted is invaluable to us.  

Even if there is no spreadsheet, a copy of the excursions would be very welcome in case we also take this route!

I did not make a spreadsheet since there was no need due to how we voted 1,2,3 for each day and we had little time to review. I did not see any spreadsheet posted.

@UWDawg scanned the first set and posted it Here in a WORD file.

@Clay Clayton took pictures of the second set and posted them in several posts starting here. You can scan the photos posted if you want a text or PDF file. 

• Like 2

Great cooking demonstration this morning by Chef Beni of Fish Cake with Apple Chutney and Chakalaka Sauce (peppers, tomato, onion, curry and baked beans!😳)-one of the dishes on his new South African Chef’s Table menu. Can’t wait to try it tonight!

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

• Like 3

Just finished dinner-OMG, so good! Pictures and notes are posted over on the 21 menus thread. 

Neptune-go make reservations now-Beni is boarding in Cape Town to share with y’all. I’d make reservations for one of the sea days a few days after he boards. 

We hope he will be rejoining us but he says that hasn’t been decided yet. 🤞

#SkyGetsEverythingFirst

IMG_4620.jpeg

9 hours ago, Penspack said:

I did not make a spreadsheet since there was no need due to how we voted 1,2,3 for each day and we had little time to review. I did not see any spreadsheet posted.

@UWDawg scanned the first set and posted it Here in a WORD file.

@Clay Clayton took pictures of the second set and posted them in several posts starting here. You can scan the photos posted if you want a text or PDF file. 

Thank you so much.  I'm not sure how I missed those posts since I am following this topic so closely, but I appreciate your setting me straight!  I hope you enjoy the new excursions.

35 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Just had to click on this story today on CNN since it involved a cruise ship off Africa. So it could be worse than not making it through the Suez Canal!

https://www.cnn.com/travel/norwegian-cruise-passengers-stranded-africa/index.html

Boy oh boy, Linda, so scary.  Glad we are doing British Isles Explorer and Rhine the rest of this year.  

• Like 1