New Princess App available

iamaqt2

I haven’t downloaded the new App yet and we are off to Europe for a month this summer and according to the attached website we should have no problem with our credit card payment in the new App. Common sense tell me (lol) there will be no mention of Radiqal Gaming.  Because, it’s not used in Europe, which may all changed. 

https://medallionpay.com

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I am GREEN in old APP, and never selected shoreside

(I did not provide my credit card details, when I checked in on OLD APP

(There was a choice in old APP)

and I am Fully checked in the GREEN lane

It has not carried forward into New App

see my images , 6/7 and not complete , I’m not in the GREEN lane

The NEW app is not an exact mirror of the OLD and this is just one of the issues 

I am playing with both OLD and NEW, but I see no work around this bug 🐞 

Same here. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JanetAlice said:

Thanks Michael. Hoping they work out all the kinks before we sail in a couple of months. Happy Birthday. 🎂

Hi Jan, thanks for the birthday wishes.  Definitely a rocky rollout.  However the updated version has addressed the logout issue.  Still can't see multiple bookings without logging off and logging back in with each individual booking number.  Can't say much about their development and testing department. These are pretty basic screw ups.  Anyway, Happy New Year to you and Paul.  We leave for Santiago on the 17th.  Can't wait.

I asked about the Shoreside Payment issue on the Princess "X" page and got a phone call from Princess Customer Service.  She wanted to verify for me that I was good to go in the Green line.  Also, after having me describe the issue she said that she was reaching out to their Tech team about this issue.  

She agreed with me that, since we cruise next week, that I needed to keep the old app on my Android phone so I could use it when checking in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

My bottom line thinking on authorizing our credit card for ashore purchases is this. We've all seen the multitude of posts here by people who got wrongly charged for purchases on the ship after the medallions came out. It happened to us once and needed the hateful trip to customer service to sort out (they were oddly reluctant to do so). Given that, why in the world would I shop with the medallion ashore, which might be even more annoying to get sorted out? Nope.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I’m not interested in the shoreside portion so why does (by not completing) stop me from completing check in 

what’s with the gaming LLC 

IMG_4721.thumb.jpeg.f020cbdf42510bf56856c2a7c1322371.jpeg

What's interesting about our upcoming January booking when it comes to the old and new Apps is that we are both in the Green Lane on my DW's Apps, as she has the CC posted to her account in the Shipboard section and I am acknowledged as an authorized user of her CC. However, when I look at my old and new Apps, I'm in the Green Lane on the old one, but in the Blue Lane on the new App (as are a lot of folks) because my new App's "Shoreside" check-in section did not recognize that I was an authorized user of my DW's CC, even though it recognized I was in my "Shipboard" check-in section on both my old and new Apps.

In addition, my DW was never asked to provide a CC in her "Shoreside" check-in section, so we are figuring since she entered it in the "shipboard" check-in section, it was automatically added to her "Shoreside" section as well.

Seems like there is a bug in the new App that needs to be addressed so that the necessary "authorized CC user status" information is also transferred to their "Shoreside" section, especially if the guest has that status listed in their new App's Shipboard section.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, San10s said:

I am pretty update that Princess is forcing us to register a credit card with the ‘Shoreside Transactions’ in order to be in the GREEN Lane! I have a CC on file for our ship’s account but I DO NOT want a 3rd party keeping my credit card on file.  I don’t shop on shore with a CC. 

Since I refuse to register any Shoreside credit card info, I am in the Blue Lane…. And as punishment for failing to abide with their demand, they won’t let me complete our Medallion Order!!! (Which should be shipped to me since we have the Plus Package!! 😠). I will be sending off an email to express my dissatisfaction with this process. 

I am sure it will not make you feel any better and I agree that it should be optional.  I am fairly certain that a third party does not have your credit card information,  Just your ship information.  It would certainly be safer to use a Medallion than your CC for purchases.  (Due to the fact that the on shore merchant will not know your CC number.

This is why I use Apple Pay at home whenever possible, so the merchant does not have my CC information.

But I do not see any reason that your CC information needs to be inputted a second time on the AP as your Credit Card is already in Princess’s system for your account.

• Like 2

Just downloaded the new app on I-Phone. Seamless login with my prior app credentials (which are NOT the same as my website credentials.) No timeouts. My upcoming cruise shows up with all the correct information and packages. I am green and ready to board without ever having provided a Shoreside payment method (cruise is in Europe if that matters) as are the rest of my family members. The only “issue” is that very little ship (Sun) information is included and no Dining options can be booked. But my cruise is 250+ days away so I guess that will come. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 11:27 AM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Having the same issue.  DH 6 of 7 completed.  Won’t complete without shore side credit card, which we don’t do. 🥺. If I login it show both of us ready to sail.  I’m so confused 

Bingo! Princess MedallionClass app has both of us (party of 2) in Green Lane Status. The `new`Princess Cruises app has produced an obstacle to my personal `Green Lane` clearance, by the introduction of the non-optional compliance with CC information for shoreside transactions. 

I personally do NOT want my Medallion authorized for shoreside transactions.

I do NOT authorize `Radiqal Gaming LLC` to process charges to my CC.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

Just downloaded the new app on I-Phone. Seamless login with my prior app credentials (which are NOT the same as my website credentials.) No timeouts. My upcoming cruise shows up with all the correct information and packages. I am green and ready to board without ever having provided a Shoreside payment method (cruise is in Europe if that matters). The only “issue” is that very little ship (Sun) information is included and no Dining options can be booked. But my cruise is 250+ days away so I guess that will come. 

I keep reading about this option. Am I understanding this correctly? You are logging onto you Princess App with a userid/password that is different than your website credentials? Where do you create this App userid/password combination?

23 hours ago, doghog said:

It means you can use your medallion in the ports/shoreside to make purchases.  

This was presented as a feature, to make shoreside purchases at `selected participating retailers` convenient. The new `Princess Cruises` app is making the enabling and authorization of Medallion shoreside purchases mandatory, without the provision of an Òpt Out` choice for shoreside use of the Medallion. This stinks. This is wrong. This is worth fighting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

If someone can get this to PCL IT this shows the issue in New APP

When using an iPhone iOS 17.2.1

Unable to complete check in due to shoreside functionality 

Remove, or add a decline or fix so PAX can fully complete check in 

Now for some reason when my partner and I checked in for a previous cruise, we used different credit cards.

They show as complete 7/7 and are Green on OLD APP

I show as 6/7 completed , however I am Green on OLD APP 🤯 Glitchy bug 🐞 Not complete New APP

This function or disfunction-  prevents completion of check in and will be a major issue for PCL as no one using new APP not wanting  their personnel credit card information stored by a gaming company, will be able to complete and go Green

Thanks

IMG_4728.thumb.jpeg.7622fb8a159da20fe9b29d08c5d3bcb0.jpeg

IMG_4726.thumb.jpeg.037056eb15d7faf6281331e71426c01a.jpeg

IMG_4727.thumb.jpeg.97483c694785e5e28f26da69cbb0bdd4.jpeg

I wish I could talk to the developers or become a BETA tester for them.

Would be great from a PAX perspective to show and assist them with providing an excellent APP and what we have to go through in real time .

I say this sincerely as I do like the APP and the tech 😎

This should have been pick up during the design phase quality assurance.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes, that would mean that the stores would need a medallion reader. My understanding is that some, but probably not all, stores have signed up for this. Princess gets a cut from each sale, so I wouldn't do this in any case. I'd rather the shoreside store owners got the profit. 

Follow the money. This agreement by duress provision of CC information to `Radiqal Gaming LLC` for shoreside transactions is strongarm tactics by Princess, and thus Carnival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What's interesting about our upcoming January booking when it comes to the old and new Apps is that we are both in the Green Lane on my DW's Apps, as she has the CC posted to her account in the Shipboard section and I am acknowledged as an authorized user of her CC. However, when I look at my old and new Apps, I'm in the Green Lane on the old one, but in the Blue Lane on the new App (as are a lot of folks) because my new App's "Shoreside" check-in section did not recognize that I was an authorized user of my DW's CC, even though it recognized I was in my "Shipboard" check-in section on both my old and new Apps.

In addition, my DW was never asked to provide a CC in her "Shoreside" check-in section, so we are figuring since she entered it in the "shipboard" check-in section, it was automatically added to her "Shoreside" section as well.

Seems like there is a bug in the new App that needs to be addressed so that the necessary "authorized CC user status" information is also transferred to their "Shoreside" section, especially if the guest has that status listed in their new App's Shipboard section.

This has happened to us as well.  I don’t recall ever authorizing my CC for Shoreside Transactions on the old app - but it shows as authorized on the new app for me (but not for my partner).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, obendus said:

This was presented as a feature, to make shoreside purchases at `selected participating retailers` convenient. The new `Princess Cruises` app is making the enabling and authorization of Medallion shoreside purchases mandatory, without the provision of an Òpt Out` choice for shoreside use of the Medallion. This stinks. This is wrong. This is worth fighting.

Or it's just a bug they need to fix as I suggested in post #391

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Definitely useless for you and me. Some people may be happy to do this so they won't need to carry as much ashore, even though it will limit their shopping ops. Another nice revenue stream for Princess, depending on how many folks actually do this.

Perhaps Princess should provide us all with NFC envelopes for our Medallions,, to guard against `unintentional transmission` information from our Medallions.

18 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Just downloaded the new app on I-Phone. Seamless login with my prior app credentials (which are NOT the same as my website credentials.) No timeouts. My upcoming cruise shows up with all the correct information and packages. I am green and ready to board without ever having provided a Shoreside payment method (cruise is in Europe if that matters) as are the rest of my family members. The only “issue” is that very little ship (Sun) information is included and no Dining options can be booked. But my cruise is 250+ days away so I guess that will come. 

Read #385. Thanks for the info which I expected. Cruising in Europe are not effected. See you onboard.

Edited by DHP1

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I keep reading about this option. Am I understanding this correctly? You are logging onto you Princess App with a userid/password that is different than your website credentials? Where do you create this App userid/password combination?

When Princess introduced its first app I couldn’t sign in to save my life. I spent a long time on the phone with tech support and they couldn’t figure out the problem so they suggested that I set up my app account using a username (not my email) and a password that differed from my web login, but when creating my profile, use the same email address associated with the web account. I did that and never had another problem and the two systems interface perfectly. I can log on to the web and open the (old) app and everything shows up fine in both places. 

Today when I downloaded the app I first tried to log in with my web credentials thinking that the old app information was probably obsolete but I got an error message. So I tried my app credentials and got right in. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

And they need my credit card info for that 

Big NO NO from me 

That function needs to be removed or a bypass function available so it doesn’t affect check in completion 

Nancy 

There should at the very least be an `Opt Out` provision for Medallion payments off-ship.

• Like 4

I've not read all 407 posts but my issues are:

1. Harder to view ship as now its not just swipe to move to another floor

2. Omitted Deck 5 MDR which is problematic for me as that's where I'm normally reassigned by HW

3. I will never use shoreside transactions as I resoundingly support small businesses. One of which told me in Ketchikan that he was assessed a whooping 17% fee every time that function was used.

I registered my cc for onboard transactions and that's as far as I went. Still green. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, obendus said:

Yea I know. What you quoted was my answer to another poster. I wasn't justifying it.  Way ahead of ya and totally on the same page as you and many others. I've been whining about this since I downloaded the new app a few days ago when Princess released to us. I've also Emailed Princess explaining my objections for this radicicols requirement in order to proceed to the Green Lane. Which both of us are in the previous app. 

Edited by doghog

17 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I NEVER selected a shoreside payment on the old app. Downloaded the new app and it has my credit card info also under shoreside with the “complete” button highlighted. All green for everything. How do I unselect the shoreside credit card without screwing everything up??

Try deselecting it and see what happens. If it removes you from the Green Lane, so be it. I'd rather have peace of mind in the Blue Lane then worry about it in the Green Lane.