Free Morning Coffee on Norwegian Encore?

Roses_Are_Red

Hello All!

I will be going on my first ever cruise - Norwegian Encore cruise in the Caribbean in Jan 2024.  I was just wondering if someone might be able to tell me where I can get coffee in the morning?  I know that I can get coffee at the Garden Cafe buffet, but that's a long way from our room (Deck 14 AFT).  I also know that there is Starbucks on the ship.  But I am interested in quick, and free, coffee.  I read somewhere that one can get complimentary room service for coffee between 6-10:30am, but I cannot find any confirmation of this.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

Oh!  This is fantastic news!  I didn't know you could request coffee in the room.  That's so much better than going to the buffet.  We have a balcony room, and I'd love to have coffee while sitting outside!

I've also read that Margaritaville used to have breakfast.  Does anyone know if there is still a Margaritaville on the Encore and if they have free breakfast?

Thanks everyone so much for your replies!!

NCL charges for room service for coffee and continental breakfasts, correct?  I was just watching a rant about it on youtube.  Did they not remove coffee makers from inside and balcony cabins too?
Things have changed so much that I cant keep up.  You can get free coffee in restaurants and the buffet but having it delivered will be a charge, correct?

3 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

NCL charges for room service for coffee and continental breakfasts, correct?  I was just watching a rant about it on youtube.  Did they not remove coffee makers from inside and balcony cabins too?
Things have changed so much that I cant keep up.  You can get free coffee in restaurants and the buffet but having it delivered will be a charge, correct?

I believe you are correct about each of your questions.

We never order room service, so I don't know for certain.  However, I do know that @BirdTravels has posted the room service "hang tag" somewhat recently.

4 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Hmm.. that's a bummer if there aren't coffee makers available for the room.  I will just have to figure out the nearest restaurant then I guess.  I was hoping for coffee before I have to see people. 🙂

You can still get coffee makers in room.  We just got back from NCL cruise and had no problem getting coffee and coffee maker in room.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

If they won't give us a coffee maker in the room, then I think the best bet is either the Observation Lounge or the American Diner (if they serve breakfast)

I'm hopeful they still have the complimentary breakfast available in the American Diner.  Much easier than navigating the buffet in the morning.

2 hours ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

I read somewhere that one can get complimentary room service for coffee between 6-10:30am, but I cannot find any confirmation of this.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

The "service charge" is $4.95 plus 20% for the coffee delivery.   However, it would also include other items if you would like them.

4 hours ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Sorry. I must have misunderstood. I thought someone said they took coffee makers out of the cabins and I read that as they wouldn't provide one. 

Apparently they removed them making it no longer a standard cabin item.

But they are available on request - unless they run short on the supply.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

We have always asked for coffee maker, if one isn't already in cabin. Sometimes they are in the closet. Just ask for coffee, tea etc. if that is the case. 

Coffee makers are not in the cabins unless you request them. Then, they are single serve makers. You are better off getting real coffee somewhere. 

IMG_5500.jpeg

IMG_5499.png

10 hours ago, david_sobe said:

All room service orders have a delivery fee. Breakfast is $4.95. Nothing to rant about. Good business. 

IMG_5501.thumb.jpeg.003735354c18775b12496389db0b4905.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I'm hopeful they still have the complimentary breakfast available in the American Diner.  Much easier than navigating the buffet in the morning.

Encore Caribbean April 2023

IMG_5503.thumb.jpeg.bd442969b09b26a49a9364be66fc6434.jpeg

Encore Alaska September 2023

IMG_5502.thumb.jpeg.424d24029182358dc32358970df705c0.jpeg

No American food Diner options in hot or cold weather 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Oh!  This is fantastic news!  I didn't know you could request coffee in the room.  That's so much better than going to the buffet.  We have a balcony room, and I'd love to have coffee while sitting outside!

I've also read that Margaritaville used to have breakfast.  Does anyone know if there is still a Margaritaville on the Encore and if they have free breakfast?

Thanks everyone so much for your replies!!

There will be a placard you fill out and hang outside your cabin door at night. Not "free" however; you'll pay roughly $6 for coffee brought to your cabin. I believe, but cannot confirm, that is for the cabin, not per person. Here is the link: https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/norwegian-cruise-line-now-charging-room-service

Doug