Princess using Stockperks for shareholder credit

shamrockace

Posted (edited)

Beginning Jan 1, Princess is using Stockperks for your stock holder credit. They requested my finance company, the sign on for my stock and everything. Is this safe?  I feel this is very evasive and yet another way for Princess to make it hard for loyal customers to get perks. 

you also can’t request it before six months of your cruise & must do it before your cruise is 4 weeks away. 

I sent it by email & they advised it must be thru the Stockperks app. 

Edited by shamrockace

8 minutes ago, shamrockace said:

Beginning Jan 1, Princess is using Stockperks for your stock holder credit. They requested my finance company, the sign on for my stock and everything. Is this safe?  I feel this is very evasive and yet another way for Princess to make it hard for loyal customers to get perks. 

Instead of giving them access, you can just give them the name of the brokerage and upload a picture of the portion of your statement showing the ccl stock. It needs to show your name, but you can black out the account number.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funship freddy said:

Recently used it for our April Enchanted cruise.

Painless and fast. I like it better than the “old” way.

It didn’t bother you giving your finance sign in & password?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, shamrockace said:

I was not required to give my sign on, but my stock is at Fidelity which is one of the choices. I have read here that you can pick one of the choices (but I can't remember which one) and just submit your proof of stock ownership without giving sign on. I imagine some one will shortly explain that for you.

Edited by Mary Ann 2

14 minutes ago, funship freddy said:

Recently used it for our April Enchanted cruise.

Painless and fast. I like it better than the “old” way.

Used it for our B2B in April.

Went well...both approved on app & they sent email saying so.

Unfortunately it is only showing up on one of the cruises online.

Going to have to call anyway...

Sigh...

Going on since maybe this past summer. I sent a redacted copy of monthly report showing ownership of the stock. Received the OBC in one day. I will not give them access to my account.

• Like 1

IMO, ridiculous to be asking guests for their investment account logins.  Totally unnecessary as well.  PCL ought to be putting a stop to it.  They should need nothing more than the uploaded statement page - with appropriate blackouts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, ridiculous to be asking guests for their investment account logins.  Totally unnecessary as well.  PCL ought to be putting a stop to it.  They should need nothing more than the uploaded statement page - with appropriate blackouts.

That is all they need. just take a picture of the applicable portion of your statement. Black out the account number. Enter your brokerage name. You do not need to log into your brokerage or provide any additional information.

The option for linking to your account is more likely to avoid having to upload another statement in the future if one chooses.

39 minutes ago, TRLD said:

That is all they need. just take a picture of the applicable portion of your statement. Black out the account number. Enter your brokerage name. You do not need to log into your brokerage or provide any additional information.

The option for linking to your account is more likely to avoid having to upload another statement in the future if one chooses.

Oh, no doubt, but OTT IMO.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, shamrockace said:

I tried sending the picture dated 12/31/2023 with my account retracted. They would not accept it although they accepted it about three months ago for another cruise. 

Has always worked for me. Just uploaded a new one yesterday. What reason did they give for not accepting it?

My experience is once you upload, it is then reviewed. Once accepted the redeem perk will remain green until you last uploaded proof times out.

Edited by TRLD

So now you have to download an app to submit your proof?  

Or the 3rd party has a site where you can go to input your cruise info and then upload the proof?

Can someone provide info on the above?  Thanks a lot in advance!

14 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

So now you have to download an app to submit your proof?  

Or the 3rd party has a site where you can go to input your cruise info and then upload the proof?

Can someone provide info on the above?  Thanks a lot in advance!

Have only seen an App. There is a stockperks.com web site, but it just lists the App.

I don’t use phone to access any of our financial accounts and definitely would not give out access to some 3rd party for the $200 shareholder credit.  

If only the app I would try to do it on an iPad.

I am reading what others were saying in the other thread started when this new procedure came out.  There seems no need to let them get their hands on your account, you can upload the same brokerage statement like in the past thru email or fax.

4 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I don’t use phone to access any of our financial accounts and definitely would not give out access to some 3rd party for the $200 shareholder credit.  

If only the app I would try to do it on an iPad.

I am reading what others were saying in the other thread started when this new procedure came out.  There seems no need to let them get their hands on your account, you can upload the same brokerage statement like in the past thru email or fax.

You do not need to access your financial account on the phone. The app is used to upload your statement and the cruise information for getting the credit.

1 minute ago, TRLD said:

You do not need to access your financial account on the phone. The app is used to upload your statement and the cruise information for getting the credit.

Do you need to register an account with the App?  That is what the other thread is talking, (my reading is up to Page 4 now).

Or the app has upload form that you fill in and then just upload the document, such as  a PDF statement page that only shows the CCL and RCL holdings, then upload it thru the app?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Do you need to register an account with the App?  That is what the other thread is talking, (my reading is up to Page 4 now).

Or the app has upload form that you fill in and then just upload the document, such as  a PDF statement page that only shows the CCL and RCL holdings, then upload it thru the app?

You create an account for yourself. You then go to ccl and click on princess. You will then validate your ownership. It will ask for the name of the brokerage. Just the name, in my case Schwab.  You then upload a picture of your statement. in my case I blacked out the account number and folded the page such that it showed my name and the CCL stock info. Uploaded that and got a message that indicated that they were verifying the documentation. A day later I got a message that ownership was validated. At that point the redeem perk bar was green. Clicked on that and filled out the cruise information. A day later I got confirmation that OBC was approved.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My husband submitted our information through our brokerage because he thought it looked secure. Luckily, we have two step verification set up because someone tried to get into our account a couple days later.  That's a pretty big coincidence because it's never happened in the 10 years we've been with that brokerage.  The only good thing is that the OBC was given in less than a day.  

8 minutes ago, palolake said:

My husband submitted our information through our brokerage because he thought it looked secure. Luckily, we have two step verification set up because someone tried to get into our account a couple days later.  That's a pretty big coincidence because it's never happened in the 10 years we've been with that brokerage.  The only good thing is that the OBC was given in less than a day.  

Clarification...

Your OBC was awarded "before" or "after" the attempted access?

1 minute ago, palolake said:

Before.  We got the OBC the same day.

Interesting!  That would certainly lead one to think that there is no need for the account credentials in this process if they will award the OBC *without* the access!  (Assuming that this was not just a huge coincidence...which it most likely was NOT!)

2 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

I think another option may be to open a dedicated brokerage account (EZ on line) with just 100 shares of CCL in it.  Let the bad guys HACK away.

The other solution is for Princess to require a change in the process to protect their customers.  

• Like 1