What's your dress code and theme schedule for Queen Anne or Queen Elizabeth?

bluemarble

Posted (edited)

Now that the dress code and theme schedules have been posted for QA, I'll start creating a master "Queen Anne 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule" document. And now that additional 2024 schedules have been posted for QE, I'll add to what I already have for QE. If you are on a QA voyage or on a QE voyage departing March 10, 2024 or later, please let me know what you are seeing for your dress code and theme schedule in the daily calendar section of your booking in My Cunard. I've created this separate thread to help generate some initial activity for this topic since many of you on QA or later QE voyages may not have noticed your schedules have been posted in your My Cunard calendars. I'll start things off here by quoting what @TowandaUK posted in the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2024" sticky for QA. Feel free to post what you find either here or on that other thread.

"Queen Anne, 14 nights, May 10th to the Canaries. 
3 gala nights

May 11th Black and White

May 16th Masquerade

May 21st Roaring 20s."

As you see, what I need to know are the dates of your voyage, which dates will be Gala Evenings, and what the themes (if any) will be on those evenings. I'll assume all other evenings are Smart Attire. Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide for this project of mine to document the dress code and theme schedules for QA and QE.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

• bluemarble changed the title to What's your dress code and theme schedule for Queen Anne or Queen Elizabeth?
Posted (edited)

Queen Anne, 17 nights, Jan 18, 2025 NY to SF

January 20 Red and Gold

January 24 Gala (no theme)

January 29 Gala (no theme)

February 1 Masquerade

I'm disappointed that there are only 4 gala nights in 17 days, especially since the cruise has 10 sea days and it's a leg of the maiden world cruise.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Thanks 1

QA H427 Oct 27-Nov 3 2024 Southampton to Southampton

‘Atlantic Coast And Iberia’

Oct 28: Gala Evening - Black and White

Oct 31: Gala Evening - Masquerade (appropriate for Halloween!)

QA H502 Jan 5-7 2025

Southampton to Hamburg

Jan 8: Gala Evening

(NB: this is not branded as Gala Optional, unlike my equivalent V402 voyage this weekend)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jonem2001 said:

QA H427 Oct 27-Nov 3 2024 Southampton to Southampton

‘Atlantic Coast And Iberia’

Oct 28: Gala Evening - Black and White

Oct 31: Gala Evening - Masquerade (appropriate for Halloween!)

QA H502 Jan 5-7 2025

Southampton to Hamburg

Jan 8: Gala Evening

(NB: this is not branded as Gala Optional, unlike my equivalent V402 voyage this weekend)

On QV this past Halloween, there were a few people in costume for the masquerade theme. I did see a fair number of Halloween sweaters and t-shirts during the day, though. The few kids on board had costumes. One boy told everyone in the elevator that it was his birthday, and he was 10. "And Dad is 41." I'm sure Dad was thrilled with that tidbit. 

QA 501 Xmas cruise 22 Dec 2024 to 5 Jan 2025

25 December.  Red and Gold

31 December.  Gala. No theme

2 January.        Masquerade 

This will be our first Cunard cruise and I am disappointed there is no Roaring 20s, I was 

really looking forward to it! Would someone be kind enough to give me a guide to the Masquerade evenings please.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, silkworms said:

QA 501 Xmas cruise 22 Dec 2024 to 5 Jan 2025

25 December.  Red and Gold

31 December.  Gala. No theme

2 January.        Masquerade 

This will be our first Cunard cruise and I am disappointed there is no Roaring 20s, I was 

really looking forward to it! Would someone be kind enough to give me a guide to the Masquerade evenings please.

Masquerade is not a costume party. It's mainly about dancing at the Masquerade Ball in the Queens Room. People wear Venetian or Mardi Gras style masks. 

Thanks, as always, Blue Marble.  Queen Anne "British Isles" 24 May, 2024:

May 25:       Black and White

May 30:       Masquerade

June 4:        Roaring Twenties.

• Thanks 1

Golly, 2025 attire dates are up. Queen Anne and Queen Elizabeth voyages below.

QA H506A SanFran to Auckland

6th Feb 2025 Black and White

(12th n'existe pas; int'l date line )

14th Feb        Red and Gold

20th Feb        'Gala Evening'

Three nights of formal/gala in 18 nights at sea is a bit light on. I almost wonder if the published dates are incomplete.

QE Q510B Japan circumnavigation plus

30th March 2025 Black and White

1st April              Masquerade

5th April              Red and Gold

8th April              Black and White

10th April            Masquerade

13th April            Red and Gold

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Masquerade is not a costume party. It's mainly about dancing at the Masquerade Ball in the Queens Room. People wear Venetian or Mardi Gras style masks. 

Thank you for the info

Queen Anne, 2 nights, 5-Jan-2025 SOU-HAM, H502
1 gala night

Jan-6 Gala (no theme)

Queen Anne, 2 nights, 9-May-2025, HAM-SOU, H511B

The dress code will be available closer to departure.

• Thanks 1

I've learned there has been a very recent change to the theme for the Gala Evening scheduled on QE for January 25, 2024. Instead of the previously scheduled Masquerade theme, that evening is now scheduled with Burns Night as the theme. That's a return to one of the themes routinely scheduled on world voyages in the past.

Good to see they are adding at least a little variety to the themes being scheduled. This may be the first departure from the standard themes (Black & White, Red & Gold, Masquerade, Roaring Twenties, plus Ice White on QE Alaska) since they scheduled an Oliviers Gala during the 2022 London Theatre at Sea crossing on QM2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I've learned there has been a very recent change to the theme for the Gala Evening scheduled on QE for January 25, 2024. Instead of the previously scheduled Masquerade theme, that evening is now scheduled with Burns Night as the theme. That's a return to one of the themes routinely scheduled on world voyages in the past.

Good to see they are adding at least a little variety to the themes being scheduled. This may be the first departure from the standard themes (Black & White, Red & Gold, Masquerade, Roaring Twenties, plus Ice White on QE Alaska) since they scheduled an Oliviers Gala during the 2022 London Theatre at Sea crossing on QM2.

I have no problem with a simple "gala evening." Jan 24 2025 is "gala" on QA. Jan 25 is another sea day. Maybe they'll add a Robert Burns night for that cruise. As long as eating haggis isn't compulsory.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Queen Anne - Maiden Voyage

5 May 2024 - Gala Black & White

8 May 2024 - Gala Masquerade 

Bit disappointing really for such a special occasion. 😈

I'll be Dressed to the Nines 'on every evening' !  I'm sure you and Mrs SR will be too. 😉 

• Like 2

Queen Elizabeth Japan /Alaska Q418 

24th may - 11th june

May 25th - Black & white 

May 29th - Masquerade 

June 1st - Roaring Twenties 

June 5th - Ice White 

June 9th Red & Gold 

• Thanks 1