LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

1 minute ago, DebOinKC said:

Long time lurker and big fan for Megan and Sid's live reviews and Jamman after cruise reviews! 

Safe travels to all!

Excited to see all the shenanigans 

Thanks! So happy to have you! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

That was fast… 😆… I actually think I was just looking in the wrong area. I only use AARP for gift cards so it’s not like I frequent this website. This will cover drink tax in ports and Seafood Shack. 

image.jpg

Love the digital e-cards from AARP.  There really is something satisfying about buying $2200 in gift cards to apy off two cabins on the Jubilee for only $1980.  Let the good times roll.  Hope y'all have the bestest time!!!!

Dan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! I’m up and watching the weather. A few fellow cruisers are coming from the north west, and they are struggling with the winter storm timing and snow/ice. Yesterday, there was definitely a scramble to reschedule flights. I’m hoping it all goes smoothly, and we are all drinking Miami Vices in no time. I know it’s nerve wracking, but it is the nature of the beast. Today, I have two zooms and car pool on the schedule. High of 62 before the cold front starts to move in. I’ll attempt my run in the afternoon… without 2 pairs of pants seems ideal. 

image.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

We have been on multiple cruises and I can guarantee you my husband could not provide one ship name or cruise line we have been on.   

This! At the platinum/diamond party, when they show the ships' video, he looks at me to know when to clap! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

This! At the platinum/diamond party, when they show the ships' video, he looks at me to know when to clap! 🙄

I snorted laughing at that. I guess you need to sail every ship in the fleet to make it easier on him. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Bonvoy just notified me that I can check in. Quick process through the app. I told them I’d be there about 4 and initialized the mobile key. All we gotta do now is get there. 

IMG_0984.jpeg

Long-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster (LTLFTP!) here...loving the start up to this Live, and based on this, booked the ALoft for September, as we'll be on an 8 day with the Horizon. We stayed at the Courtyard Brickell in 2022 pre-cruise, but are hoping this is better! Have fun on the trip and can't wait to read all of the rest! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nhilding10 said:

Long-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster (LTLFTP!) here...loving the start up to this Live, and based on this, booked the ALoft for September, as we'll be on an 8 day with the Horizon. We stayed at the Courtyard Brickell in 2022 pre-cruise, but are hoping this is better! Have fun on the trip and can't wait to read all of the rest! 

I’ll be sure to post lots of pictures of the hotel. The pricing down there is crazy. Gotta know what you are getting into before you fork over $200-$300 a night. 
thanks for coming along. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Good morning! I’m up and watching the weather. A few fellow cruisers are coming from the north west, and they are struggling with the winter storm timing and snow/ice. Yesterday, there was definitely a scramble to reschedule flights. I’m hoping it all goes smoothly, and we are all drinking Miami Vices in no time. I know it’s nerve wracking, but it is the nature of the beast. Today, I have two zooms and car pool on the schedule. High of 62 before the cold front starts to move in. I’ll attempt my run in the afternoon… without 2 pairs of pants seems ideal. 

image.jpg

This weather is out of control. Yesterday it showed us in the low 60s for Sunday and now this morning has us at 35 for the high on Sunday. Hoping and praying all of you make it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

And the current airline advisory… how long have they been naming winter storms? 

IMG_0981.jpeg

Weather Channel has been naming them for a while now. Its not NWS official and they do not recognize it but other media outlets and apparently Southwest do. 🙂 Rebooked our Saturday flight to Cancun out of ORD to Sunday yesterday thanks to that note from SW. I had looked to do it already Wednesday but it was going to cost me over $500 so I am happy, free is much better. Now if it just does get off the ground Sunday. This storm could be a beast.

• Like 4

@MeganGC1983 I handle all the vacation arrangements.  Mr Megan sounds like my DW.  She is constantly asking me when our next cruise is, I have told here at least 20 times.  And then she always asks is this the one with St. Thomas.  She should know it is because we specifically picked this itinerary because she wanted to go to St. Thomas.

• Haha 13

9 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

@MeganGC1983 I handle all the vacation arrangements.  Mr Megan sounds like my DW.  She is constantly asking me when our next cruise is, I have told here at least 20 times.  And then she always asks is this the one with St. Thomas.  She should know it is because we specifically picked this itinerary because she wanted to go to St. Thomas.

Yikes another one in the club!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983...17 pgs 17k views and you all haven't even boarded the ship yet let alone arrive for precruise shenanigans.....this is really a lot of great entertainment!

Definitely will go into withdrawal when they are all finished. Thank heavens @Jamman54 does one after the cruise!!I

Hugs from Texas

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

image.jpg

Amy stands up and raises her hand and replies: “Yep, that’s me. Oh, and I’m on the airline without doors”.

• Haha 13

Plugging away at work…

BTW for anyone wondering. I stayed up til 11pm central time and checked in for this cruise. We have a 9:30am check in, group A02. Disappointed I didn’t get A01, but we will be ok. 

As mentioned, we are flying Southwest, nonstop to FLL, because it was cheaper and I used points going. Then flying out of MIA on the 21st, hung over and sad 😆. We will self-debark priority. 

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

• Like 11