Have Elite happy hour events resumed yet ?

We used to love the Elite happy hour events and enjoyed meeting and chatting to new people over a drink and canapés. I’m sure I saw somewhere that they might resume this month although not every evening. Can anyone who has sailed this month confirm this and how many events there were ? We board Equinox next week. 

• Thanks 1

We were on a 5 day sailing in November and when we asked she said that for events to be held it has to be a 7 day or longer cruise.  She did mention that on a 9 day or longer that events are held every few days.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, lovescarborough said:

We used to love the Elite happy hour events and enjoyed meeting and chatting to new people over a drink and canapés. I’m sure I saw somewhere that they might resume this month although not every evening. Can anyone who has sailed this month confirm this and how many events there were ? We board Equinox next week. 

Post your experience(s) for your cruise.

Edited by doghog

We just disembarked yesterday from a five night cruise on the Equinox.  Listed on the sheet of Captains Club events was two nights “Captains Club Lounge” held 5-7 in the Sky Lounge.  Only in the cordoned off right side of the Lounge…no way to cordon off the front so I don’t know how they kept track of who was a Captains Club member and who was not. Same usual drink list although there was only one waiter I saw so everyone was going to the bar.  There was absolutely no hors d’oeuvres of any kind. 

• Thanks 1

They were doing this twice a week on our Sept./Oct. cruises. Sounds exactly the same, though they were called "Captain's Welcome Aboard" and "Captain's" something else or other.  Definitely not called "Club Lounge". 

Was on Apex last week. Captains Club notice said was to be held twice in Eden roped off area. We went at the listed time. No roped off area, no event. Did not go the second listed time. 

I guess it depends on ship and sailing. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 39august said:

They were doing this twice a week on our Sept./Oct. cruises. Sounds exactly the same, though they were called "Captain's Welcome Aboard" and "Captain's" something else or other.  Definitely not called "Club Lounge". 

The CC wasn't doing the limited CC HH in a lounge (depends on the class of ship what lounge) for Elite and above with drinks and hors d’oeuvres from 5 to 7 PM last year. The CC is reintroducing a scaled back version of the pre covid  CC HH in a lounge for Elite and above starting January 2024. 

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We just disembarked yesterday from a five night cruise on the Equinox.  Listed on the sheet of Captains Club events was two nights “Captains Club Lounge” held 5-7 in the Sky Lounge.  Only in the cordoned off right side of the Lounge…no way to cordon off the front so I don’t know how they kept track of who was a Captains Club member and who was not. Same usual drink list although there was only one waiter I saw so everyone was going to the bar.  There was absolutely no hors d’oeuvres of any kind. 

If I remember correctly the reintroduction of the CC HH for only Elite and above is on cruises 7 nights and longer. Two evenings only. 

25 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Was on Apex last week. Captains Club notice said was to be held twice in Eden roped off area. We went at the listed time. No roped off area, no event. Did not go the second listed time. 

I guess it depends on ship and sailing. 

Wish you would have questioned the CC concierge about that. 

29 minutes ago, doghog said:

If I remember correctly the reintroduction of the CC HH for only Elite and above is on cruises 7 nights and longer. Two evenings only. 

As I stated, I just disembarked Equinox’s five night sailing yesterday.  And there were two CC HH events in the Sky Lounge.  So it must vary ship to ship or at the discretion of the CC host.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, doghog said:

Wish you would have questioned the CC concierge about that. 

No idea who the CC hosts are, didn't care to search them out, I am on vacation. 

If they advertise they have an event and when we went and it wasn't there, well ok too bad. 

We always went on our over 30 Celebrity cruises to the CC Elite Plus and above cocktail events. Warm passed appetizers and more importantly usually spoke to other interesting guests. 

When they dropped and only partially maybe reinstated it, just one more reason to just ignore the Elite plus member invites. At least for us no longer much value in these.

Others may have a different view. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 39august said:

Well, as I said above, yes, H5G54M they were doing this last year. Except, as the original poster  noted, no hors d' oeuvres 

The two events that you described were not the CC HH the OP is  asking about.  The CC welcome aboard event is for all CC members and the other is the CC senior offers gathering is for only for Elite and above.. As I said above the reintroduced of the CC HH for Elite and above didn't start back up until this month. What Helen Haywood described is what the OP was asking about. 

Edited by doghog

15 minutes ago, Mirage said:

No idea who the CC hosts are, didn't care to search them out, I am on vacation. 

If they advertise they have an event and when we went and it wasn't there, well ok too bad. 

We always went on our over 30 Celebrity cruises to the CC Elite Plus and above cocktail events. Warm passed appetizers and more importantly usually spoke to other interesting guests. 

When they dropped and only partially maybe reinstated it, just one more reason to just ignore the Elite plus member invites. At least for us no longer much value in these.

Others may have a different view. 

36 minutes ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Currently on the Beyond …

IMG_5567.thumb.jpeg.e8b588735ace6de0a9226f5f10bb8ecf.jpeg

Exactly what the OP is asking about. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

As I stated, I just disembarked Equinox’s five night sailing yesterday.  And there were two CC HH events in the Sky Lounge.  So it must vary ship to ship or at the discretion of the CC host.

Not disagreeing with you. Just adding I thought the CC letter said 7 night's and longer. 

We were just on RCI and as diamond members we had 4 drinks to consume daily at any time and any bar or during dinner. As elite members on Celebrity, are we supposed to only go to a designated bar and sit there two hours to have a drink/s or do we have a certain amount per day?