Dress code for formal nights

cruising in

Hi Everyone, we're new to Celebrity and are cruising Feb. 5, 10 nights, Caribbean.  Will a button down shirt and slacks be sufficient to eat in the main dining room? 

Thanks

Short answer - yes.

There are no formal nights anymore on Celebrity.  They have nights they designate as "Chic" which is the night to dress up if you want.  On those nights there will be a few guys in a tux, a few more in a suit, quite a few with a jacket over a polo or dress shirt, but most just in nice slacks and a collared shirt.  

9 minutes ago, cruising in said:

Hi Everyone, we're new to Celebrity and are cruising Feb. 5, 10 nights, Caribbean.  Will a button down shirt and slacks be sufficient to eat in the main dining room? 

Thanks

Absolutely.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by C-Dragons

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Found a fun graphic -  While a jacket is not required the graphic says more than 1,000 words

image.thumb.png.4f1e2881c333f82dce1896bd26cabb96.png

No way I would ever wear a jacket on a cruise. (Note: less than 1000 words)

13 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

No way I would ever wear a jacket on a cruise. (Note: less than 1000 words)

We do because the dining rooms are usually quite cold, in our opinion.

be comfortable but chic!

a step above casual..

sometimes  husb wears  a jacket but it's  mostly very nice  dress shirt..tommy bahama, cuban dress shirt.  next cruise no jacket being packed!

most  on board look great..only a few go against the tide!

• Like 1

Your choice will be fine.

In practice it is more dressed up than some others.  While I did see some suits.  I also saw baseball jerseys last week and no shirts in the OVC.

Edited by NMTraveller

They call it Chic because some people want an excuse to dress up, it also lets the ship photographers set up backgrounds and try to sell photos.

Basically on Celebrity you can dress how you like.

I think Cunard might be the only cruise line left that even tries to have a real dress code. 

19 hours ago, cruising in said:

Thanks

Wear what you want any night any venue. The dress code had vanished from X regrettably. I have seen a man wearing shorts and a baseball cap in the MDR and none of the staff ever challenged him. Such a shame!!

• Like 1

On the Apex last week saw very few dressed up more for "Evening Chic".  Most casual dress we've seen on any cruise including woman in thong bikini spilling out everywhere eating in Oceanview for lunch.  No coverup, and no one told her to coverup.  Short shorts in MDRs at night.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Found a fun graphic -  While a jacket is not required the graphic says more than 1,000 words

image.thumb.png.4f1e2881c333f82dce1896bd26cabb96.png

Love your graphic - we just booked our first cruise with Celebrity on Beyond  - have been loyal to Princess & it seems like “chic nights” on Celebrity is what we wore every night (except on formal nights) on Princess - so, what is considered acceptable for regular nights?  

Wow.. hardly ever used to see what was described  above or  sleeveless " wifebeater" shirts in  the buffet on X..but saw many on Royal C.. Guess things are spilling over not in a good way.

It's up to mgmnt to keep up their standards evebmn if  things are more casual nowadays,  but the  new X team is truly clueless!

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 7:56 AM, hcat said:

" wifebeater" shirts

We used to call them that only when they are the undershirt version worn with jeans. With shorts or swimsuits in tropical weather they are probably more properly called tank-tops, especially if they have designs, slogans, or logos indicating they are meant to be seen. Still wouldn't be caught dead in one in a restaurant! 

39 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

We used to call them that only when they are the undershirt version worn with jeans. With shorts or swimsuits in tropical weather they are probably more properly called tank-tops, especially if they have designs, slogans, or logos indicating they are meant to be seen. Still wouldn't be caught dead in one in a restaurant! 

ones we saw on Royal are the undershirt ones..we used to play a game to see how many we'd spot in the buffet on boarding day. 

hairy armpits are not a good look, esp around food!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

ones we saw on Royal are the undershirt ones..we used to play a game to see how many we'd spot in the buffet on boarding day. 

hairy armpits are not a good look, esp around food!

Why do women think that's a good look. 

45 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Tank top, sleeveless t shirt (refuse to call them the other name) I've never worn them no matter where I'm at and I'm older than dirt.